SASS Wire Forum

Matt Black, overall champ!

Goody, SASS #26190

congrats Matt!!!!!  must of been that new dog!!!  excellent shooting

Congratulations Pard

Congratulations Matt Black on your second Overall World Championship.  You shot an incredible match!!!!!!

Congratulations young man!!  You made us all proud!!  Must have been the result of that great coaching you have had, and the pure dedication you have shown. I know your Coach/Dad, Colt Faro, is busting at the seams with pride. Congrats to you both.

Rio Brazos Kid

We both humbly say a big THANK YOU to all of you! I am very proud of Dylan as he's grown into a very fine young man. It's our cowboy family who have helped with this process. We also thank all the past champions as they have been inspirational to both of us. All that have stayed beside us through thick and thin we know who you are and appreciate you more than you can imagine. We realize to pull off an overall win at any big match requires a certain amount of luck to go along with preparation, skill and desire. 

To Missouri Lefty and his dad Missouri Traveler, you both are fantastic people and incredible shooters and we appreciate your friendship very much. It's like Missouri Traveler always says, " there isn't a nickels worth of difference between those two boys". 

Thank you Goody for starting this thread it means the world to Dylan and I. 

To all of our friends back in Texas we miss you and hope to see you soon!

To our friends all over the US and beyond thank you for all your love and support. 

To Kirk James and family, you are just that, "our family" and we love ya. 

To all of our new family and friends in California it's our honor to bring the World Championship back home to California where it all began once again. See you all very soon and we love ya!!! 

God Bless you all!

Colt and Matt

Congratulations to both Matt and Colt.   Nicely done.

A Special congrats to Matt because looking at the Who's WHO in SASS/CAS, I don't think there is any better competition anywhere than those who competed at EOT this year.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Congratulations to both Matt and Colt.   Nicely done.

A Special congrats to Matt because looking at the Who's WHO in SASS/CAS, I don't think there is any better competition anywhere than those who competed at EOT this year.

..........Widder

Thank you Widder and there was lots of talent on the range this year. 

Colt Faro sorry I left you out. Congratulations pard , good shooting as always.

J&J

Great job Matt.  And Colt.

I've told this story before, but the first time I met Matt and Colt was years and years ago at Winter Range. 

We were on the same shooting wave and staying at the same hotel.  And as luck would have it; on the same breakfast schedule.  Now, remember I didn't know them or their reputations then.  They were just a couple fellow cowboy shooters; a dad and his son badly in need of a haircut. 

And they were gracious/ patient enough to sit every morning over breakfast and listen to my opinions about to attack the days stages. 

I have followed Rattlesnake Wrangler now Matt Blacks career thru CAS ever since and am one of his biggest fans.  He and his dad are fantastic competitors and more importantly, good people.  Even tho, I've not been able to shoot with them as often as I would like; I am proud to count them amongst my friends.

Congratulations Matt.

9 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Great job Matt.  And Colt.

I've told this story before, but the first time I met Matt and Colt was years and years ago at Winter Range. 

We were on the same shooting wave and staying at the same hotel.  And as luck would have it; on the same breakfast schedule.  Now, remember I didn't know them or their reputations then.  They were just a couple fellow cowboy shooters; a dad and his son badly in need of a haircut. 

And they were gracious/ patient enough to sit every morning over breakfast and listen to my opinions about to attack the days stages. 

I have followed Rattlesnake Wrangler now Matt Blacks career thru CAS ever since and am one of his biggest fans.  He and his dad are fantastic competitors and more importantly, good people.  Even tho, I've not been able to shoot with them as often as I would like; I am proud to count them amongst my friends.

Congratulations Matt.

Thank you very much Creeker. I remember that time quite well. We always enjoy shooting with you and the matches you put on. Look forward to seeing you soon. 

Archived