SASS Wire Forum

** TEST ** New Forum Photo Posting Feature

Cat Brules

EDIT-----

NO!  IT DOESNT WORK.  You can paste them in, but when you post, they do not carry over.  Hmmmmm

===========

Can I just copy a photo off the Internet using my iPhone, and paste it in?  Just a scientific experiment... Let's see if it works:

Yep, apparently so!

Can I copy/paste a photo from my iPhone Camera Roll?  Looks like it:

FAIL

It's size limited to 50kb.

Probably to save bandwidth. 

Annoying, but that's the size limit for a posted photo.

Just testing. It's a picture of East Coast Filly and I from a few years ago when we were still able physically to shoot.

Kind of a neat feature if you ask me!!

Filly and Clay.jpg

A photo pasted from an iPhone of computer is the same as an attachment to an email. That is, the recipient (in this case, the Wire) has to store it on their device. Even with a 50k limit, that adds up over time

A pasted link to a photo however -- Photobucket, Google Photos et al -- takes up no space since the image is stored elsewhere. 

If you put your photos in a photo sharing account, you won't have to worry about file size.

Let's see... can I post from my Google Photos by pasting the URL link?

OkDCBo-m0Dt2OU_pItv4O0f1KHTFhfG0C8c22FJ1

YEP!  Looks that that works just fine!

7 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Let's see... can I post from my Google Photos by pasting the URL link?

YEP!  Looks that that works just fine!

Ya gotta get the image link, which is different from the one that shows in your browser. I get that on my Mac by holding down the "control" key and clicking on the image. That brings up a menu where I select "copy link address". That's the one I paste into the box that shows up after clicking on the "Insert other media" box in the lower right hand corner of the reply window. From there, select "insert image from URL" and paste the link.

I don't know how you get that link from a Windows machine.

This one is from my Google photo library.

4o4al4ArZN5xfw0LCNoA0w3o4KX-w6InifwG_9eK

Abilene Slim,

If you posted a photo above, I do not see it.

Posting a photo from your Google Photos account from a Windows PC, works the same way.  Pull up the photo in Google Photos, right click on the photo, click on "Copy image address" (which puts in on your clipboard), then come to The Wire, click on "insert other media", "Insert image from URL", right click, "paste, and "insert into post".

OH-XHom64IVbctLpST6QP93QR8W1EaZ2NkNawsU9

For you Microsoft users.

Open the picture in Microsoft Picture Manager

Click < Picture >, < Compress Picture >

Select the Web pages option in the popup window

Click < OK >

You can now post your picture

7 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Just testing. It's a picture of East Coast Filly and I from a few years ago when we were still able physically to shoot.

Kind of a neat feature if you ask me!!

Filly and Clay.jpg

That's a pretty good sized picture--- How you do dat!?

3 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Abilene Slim,

If you posted a photo above, I do not see it.

Posting a photo from your Google Photos account from a Windows PC, works the same way.  Pull up the photo in Google Photos, right click on the photo, click on "Copy image address" (which puts in on your clipboard), then come to The Wire, click on "insert other media", "Insert image from URL", right click, "paste, and "insert into post".

OH-XHom64IVbctLpST6QP93QR8W1EaZ2NkNawsU9

Howdy Dutch try it again, it shows up at my end in my (now edited) previous post above. If not, I'm stumped. Please lemme know what you see.

Abilene Slim,

Don't what is going on, stumped as well.  When I look at your original post, this is what I see:

Capture.JPG

Allie Mo,

Based on my reply post above to Abilene Slim, we are missing something here.  Perhaps those in charge of making the software upgrade could provide us with some Tips & Tricks into posting a photo with a URL address.  We are trying to figure it out patiently, but appears to be a dis-connect somewhere in the process.

1 hour ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Allie Mo,

Based on my reply post above to Abilene Slim, we are missing something here.  Perhaps those in charge of making the software upgrade could provide us with some Tips & Tricks into posting a photo with a URL address.  We are trying to figure it out patiently, but appears to be a dis-connect somewhere in the process.

Well dang! It's visible on both my Macs and iPhone too. Maybe it's a Mac vs Windows or maybe browser issue too.

8 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Well dang! It's visible on both my Macs and iPhone too. Maybe it's a Mac vs Windows or maybe browser issue too.

Abilene Slim,

I assume that you see both photos that I posted from Google Photos?

Well, then I have the same problem.  I can see the pictures I posted on my side, but it appears no one else can see them.

HELP Allie Mo!!!

Capture 1.JPG

Hey, Abilene Slim, I am trying a little trick I found on the internet to post pictures from Google Photos.  

Do you now see the photo of a Stagecoach below?

yei9pDSSomyXZJFoUp6S2giBPNCym3b_QR45pf1b

51 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

Nope, sorry :(

WELL CRAP!

Before I give up entirely, please indulge me one more time to see if THIS works.  I found an extension that you can add to Chrome that allows you to copy a direct link, with extension (.jpg), from Google Photos.  if THIS works, I will share a link to the extension.

Does anyone NOW see a photo of a Stagecoach below?

WeYWUe3MbTPAeeP1tqn6tjQqJPVZ4Zu2YRrLC--y

SERIOUSLY?  Halleluia!

Okay then, for those that use Google Photos, and you want to post a photo from your account into a Wire post, check out and add the following Chrome extension.  After several attempts at others ways, this is the only process that worked.

Google Photos Direct Link Google Chrome Extension

Allows you to copy a direct link, with extension (.jpg), from Google Photos (https://photos.google.com). Google Photos doesn't allow you to get an image direct link (with image extension [like png or jpg]). This Chrome extension is very helpful to post images in forums or blogs, where the file extension is mandatory.

Usage instructions: Open an image and just click (left click) over the image. A message is shown at the page bottom.

5 minutes ago, Wrangler Rich SASS #42157 said:

Nope, don't see the stage coach on my iPad 

It really shouldn't have to be THIS complicated!

I think the issue of seeing a URL posted photo from a Google Photo account or not seeing it, could be dependent on whether or not you are signed into a Google Account or not.  Which, if that is true, would be quite lame!:angry:

2 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

WELL CRAP!

Before I give up entirely, please indulge me one more time to see if THIS works.  I found an extension that you can add to Chrome that allows you to copy a direct link, with extension (.jpg), from Google Photos.  if THIS works, I will share a link to the extension.

Does anyone NOW see a photo of a Stagecoach below?

WeYWUe3MbTPAeeP1tqn6tjQqJPVZ4Zu2YRrLC--y

Nope!

I GIVE UP!  Utah Bob posted that he can't see the photo, yet when I view his post, I do see it!  AARRRGH!

Capture.JPG

Test to see if I can do it. It Worked:rolleyes:

http://April 16 Shoot_zpsnl43du1h.jpg

41 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

I GIVE UP!  Utah Bob posted that he can't see the photo, yet when I view his post, I do see it!  AARRRG

I can see it now. But not from my Ipad.

??

Archived