SASS Wire Forum

New Tie for the Rifle world record, congrats Smokestack!

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Smokestack has tied the rifle world record with a awesobe 1.57 sec. on 3 targets!! For those of you that don't know Smokestack is also the Match Director of The Cowboys and gives back to the sport in a big way, his whole family participates and works their tails off for SASS! Nice run and congrats my friend. Thanks to Doc and Spence for maintaining the records page.

http://www.spencerhoglund.com/worldrecords.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5eMPIpPQ0

Well done Smokestack! Lots of time and effort and practice went into that 1.57 seconds, as well as courage for running that fast.

Count me in as an admirer. :D

I'm thinking one of his young uns ain't going to let that record stand. Congratulation Mike.

Well done Pard .

You are in good company with Deuce Now .

You both are amazing shooters .

The more I see some of these Pards shoot, the more I realize that some of them just ain't normal: Deuce, Matt Black, Missouri Lefty, and now..... Smokestack. ;)

Keep em smoking fellers and we'll keep watching ya!

..........Widder

Deuce & Smokestack,

What an awesome run!

Deuce, you know me, downloaded the video, processed it, made some amazing discoveries. Added a .01 sec timer at timer beep, the timer a bit cloudy. Since it strictly measures elapsed time from the start reference, 'tis actually a better measure of shooter agility.

Results:

Smokestack shows NO movement prior to the beep.

.01sec after beep start, his thumb starts to move

.22sec after beep start, the hammer strikes the firing pin (beep tone still decaying)

.25sec after beep start, the hammer is fully cocked for the next shot and I believe the report the shot timer would pick up occurs.

The reaction time and agility of these youngsters continues to amaze me.

Would be glad to send you both a copy of the video or, with your permission, post it back to You Tube. The stats above pretty much tell the amazing tale.

Keep it up!

Happy trails,

Artic

Deuce & Smokestack,

What an awesome run!

Deuce, you know me, downloaded the video, processed it, made some amazing discoveries. Added a .01 sec timer at timer beep, the timer a bit cloudy. Since it strictly measures elapsed time from the start reference, 'tis actually a better measure of shooter agility.

Results:

Smokestack shows NO movement prior to the beep.

.01sec after beep start, his thumb starts to move

.22sec after beep start, the hammer strikes the firing pin (beep tone still decaying)

.25sec after beep start, the hammer is fully cocked for the next shot and I believe the report the shot timer would pick up occurs.

The reaction time and agility of these youngsters continues to amaze me.

Would be glad to send you both a copy of the video or, with your permission, post it back to You Tube. The stats above pretty much tell the amazing tale.

Keep it up!

Happy trails,

Artic

Thanks, I would love to have a copy of the video you made. Can you email it to me at nuevohdr@gmail.com ? I have no objection at all to you posting it to YouTube. Thanks again for putting the time and effort into this, I can't wait to see it.

The more I see some of these Pards shoot, the more I realize that some of them just ain't normal: Deuce, Matt Black, Missouri Lefty, and now..... Smokestack. ;)

Keep em smoking fellers and we'll keep watching ya!

..........Widder

Yeah Smokestack ain't normal in a lot of ways. You ever see the size of his hands?

The BBQ he creates ain't normal either, it's out of this world.

"Thanks, I would love to have a copy of the video you made. Can you email it to me at nuevohdr@gmail.com ? I have no objection at all to you posting it to YouTube. Thanks again for putting the time and effort into this, I can't wait to see it."

Thanks Smokestack, enhanced video below.

Examining a number of these 'speed' videos it appears the mechanical physics speed of our guns was reached some time ago. The biggest change seen in this latest batch of speed shooters is the incredibly short time between the beep and the hammer dropping on the first round. It has moved from ~0.6sec to 0.22sec in Smokestack's run. In slomo, you can see, he does NOT jump the beep, but the beep is still decaying when the first shot is fired. 'Haint fast, "insanely speedy", eh?

Go Smokestack!

http://youtu.be/ZGh-SIKLRpI

Archived