SASS Wire Forum

Johnny Meadows kudos.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I have now had two gunsmithing jobs done by Johnny. One was to install choke tubes in my 1957 Winchester 97 last year. And most recently a 73' that I wanted the barrel cut down on. The work has been excellent, timely, very economical and Johnny has been a pleasure to do business with. Thanks Johnny!

Good post Deuce.

I have had a couple minor dealings with Johnny and quickly discovered that he is a great feller.

He was quick to help me get a Marlin part(s) I was wanting last year.

I hope to meet him someday.

..........Widder

What kind of chokes? I want remchokes in mine.

The kind of choke that can be installed depends on the amount of metal in the last few inches of the barrel to thread the barrel for tubes. I have a very very old 97 that screw in chokes could not be put in but a no thread choke was press fit in the end of the barrel after making the barrel shorter and reaming it for the choke tube.

Best of the Best that's Pappy and one of a kind. You name it and he'll do his best for you.

JRJ

Been using Johnny for close to a decade excellent pard to do business with and the only one to work on my shotguns except the 87 which he prefers I go elsewhere last I checked.

JM is an excellent gunsmith. He has done several SKBs for our family, fixed my 73s several times from other gunsmiths, and worked on several Blackhawks and Single Sixes when they died. He does great work in a timely manner. Hope he gets his physical issues resolved soon as he is a great shooter. Getting older is not for sissies.

We all shoot SKB,s from Johnny Meadows. Incredible work, a great gunsmith and friend. Good to hear he is shooting again.

I have had some dealings with Johnny and his work on my 3 shot guns have been great.One of the nicest cowboys there is to deal with.Thanks JM

Put me in the JM TTN group. I've been fortunate enough to deal with Johnny on a few other non shotgun related transactions as well and he is everything people say and more. I hope to get out his way one of these days to meet him in person.

I shipped a S/G to him yesterday, after my wife picked up one at W/R. She opened it and closed it twice and told him "SOLD" on the spot. She was supposed to be just feeling how nice a JM Bakial S/G could really be!

Archived