SASS Wire Forum

Introducing American BBQ to Korean Girls

Subdeacon Joe

Those women would love Texas....YEEHAW. ...Jim

You're a sick man, Rolan! (at least as far as the kim-chi is concerned)

Good brisket it dang hard to beat! 'Course, so's ribs an' pulled pork, but I'm pretty partial to brisket...

And burnt ends, but they didn't have those in the video...

I'm a little puzzled, because my understanding is that Orientals count the other way. #1 is best, #10 is garbage.

At least Chinese and Japanese do.

Koreans do it American style?

I did like the looks on their faces. And when that middle girl sucked the rib bone - that made me bust out laughing.

I'm a little puzzled, because my understanding is that Orientals count the other way. #1 is best, #10 is garbage.

At least Chinese and Japanese do.

Koreans do it American style?

I did like the looks on their faces. And when that middle girl sucked the rib bone - that made me bust out laughing.

:angry: "You number ten GI." :angry:

I have often said thatAmerica could conquer the world easier with barbecue than guns. ;)

Kind of interesting.

Have you ever had Korean BBQ before?......Stuff is amazing tasting, check out chicken or beef yakitori (meat grilled on a skewer) the sauces they use and the side dishes you get are very different than here in the states, but are all very delicious and should be tried! Koreans eat pretty spicy food so many dishes are hot on the palate FYI (I like spicy as hell food and am used to it anyway!) :)

Have you ever had Korean BBQ before?......Stuff is amazing tasting, check out chicken or beef yakitori (meat grilled on a skewer) the sauces they use and the side dishes you get are very different than here in the states, but are all very delicious and should be tried! Koreans eat pretty spicy food so many dishes are hot on the palate FYI (I like spicy as hell food and am used to it anyway!) :)

I have - darned good stuff! The condiments, as you say, can be quite spicy. Or garlicy. Or sour. Or.....

Which is why I was kind of surprised at the comments about the sauce on the pulled pork being sour.

American pulled pork with some hot kimchi is pretty darned good, by the way.

I have - darned good stuff! The condiments, as you say, can be quite spicy. Or garlicy. Or sour. Or.....

Which is why I was kind of surprised at the comments about the sauce on the pulled pork being sour.

American pulled pork with some hot kimchi is pretty darned good, by the way.

need spices to cover the flavor of "fragrant meat"

I spent a year (1972) stationed in S. Korea. I can not abide any of the numerous Korean kimchees. Stuff makes one breath stink something awful. I can smell on a person a day after they've eaten the nasty stuff; comes out the pores of the body. Phew!

Couldn't agree with you more, Birdgun. Had a Korean girlfriend 'bout 45 years ago and she loved her kim-chi. I never could get my taste buds adjusted to it. Way too much garlic and Korean spices for me.

Love Korean food.spentt a year at Camp Casey, 2nd Tank. I was the Motor Daddy. That's what our company Agee Ma (spelling of course) called me. Anywho, She had a restaurant downtown and let the soldiers eat on credit. The deal was that I made the soldiers pay their debts every payday and I would eat for free. Spent a lot of time in her restaurant. By the way, nothing beats washing down Korean food than drinking a Kettle. (kettle: a container full of grape juice and Soju. Drink enough and walking back to base could be a challenge. Ha!

Thought it interesting that by the end of the video, these girls were no longer concerned with being "proper" - they were tearin' those ribs in half to get to the fat, getting every last nibble off the bone, being giggly and enjoying themselves immensely. American BBQ has been known to cause a good time now and then, even in Korea, apparently.

I'd be interested in tasting the BBQ that THEY ate just to see how close it is to something you'd find stateside. BBQ is so very regional - right down to the county in some places. South Carolina BBQ is a totally different thing than Texas or Oklahoma BBQ or New Mexico BBQ. I even think California has some sort of barbecue, though I'll never know that to be true in the first person.

I love them all but have a sweet spot for the vinegar based Carolina pulled pork on a sweet roll with a dollop of coleslaw. Dog GONIT I'm hungry now. . . bbq.gif

Thought it interesting that by the end of the video, these girls were no longer concerned with being "proper" - they were tearin' those ribs in half to get to the fat, getting every last nibble off the bone, being giggly and enjoying themselves immensely. American BBQ has been known to cause a good time now and then, even in Korea, apparently.

I'd be interested in tasting the BBQ that THEY ate just to see how close it is to something you'd find stateside. BBQ is so very regional - right down to the county in some places. South Carolina BBQ is a totally different thing than Texas or Oklahoma BBQ or New Mexico BBQ. I even think California has some sort of barbecue, though I'll never know that to be true in the first person.

I love them all but have a sweet spot for the vinegar based Carolina pulled pork on a sweet roll with a dollop of coleslaw. Dog GONIT I'm hungry now. . . bbq.gif

About 12 or 15 years ago we went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival (the one and only time - it was disappointing). People behind us in line were from NC. They asked us if there would be BBQ there. We told 'em there will be GRILLED foods, but nothing that they would call BBQ.

Archived