SASS Wire Forum

What's the call?

Marie Laveau

PENALTY OVERVIEW

5-SECOND PENALTIES

Each target hit with an incorrect firearm, either intentionally or by mistake.

RO1 p.23

10 misses...

Ask Allie Mo...

She knows.

Prior to 2001, when a miss was a miss and a brain fade was a P, this would have been a P.

Then the rules were changed and this mistake became a MAJOR mistake worth up to 50 or even 100 seconds, more than a Spirit of the Game penalty.

But those are the rules now, so 10 misses, no P.

I did it once while visiting a new club. Was pretty embarrassed. They gave me a P, I looked it up later and figured it should have been 10 misses. no Cadillac either way!

Maybe no "Cadillac"...which frankly I hate that phrase, but crappy knowledge of the rules.

Wish folks would learn the basics of the rules and enforce them and support them. That would mean going back to the folks that made the bad call(s) and show them where they were wrong rather then simply saying things like "I'm a bottom of the score sheet shooter", or "Ain't no Cadillac awarded"...but...maybe ya did...

Phantom

Maybe no "Cadillac"...which frankly I hate that phrase, but crappy knowledge of the rules.

Wish folks would learn the basics of the rules and enforce them and support them. That would mean going back to the folks that made the bad call(s) and show them where they were wrong rather then simply saying things like "I'm a bottom of the score sheet shooter", or "Ain't no Cadillac awarded"...but...maybe ya did...

Phantom

I have had the same thing happen, and I did go to the match officials and ask that the scores be changed if only to help someone else move up a spot or two overall.

I have had the same thing happen, and I did go to the match officials and ask that the scores be changed if only to help someone else move up a spot or two overall.

That's not what I'm talking about...don't care about the finishing order (though that's a good thing), but rather the educating of those folks that make bad calls and are never told of their bad call. They'll never learn...

Phantom

That's not what I'm talking about...don't care about the finishing order (though that's a good thing), but rather the educating of those folks that make bad calls and are never told of their bad call. They'll never learn...

Phantom

Oh, I let those folks know as well, not to worry.

Many times, on this mistake, the shooter gets caught after either the first or second shot on the wrong type of target. The shooter must now continue the sequence on not only the proper type of target but also the proper target number or they will earn a Procedural for shooting out of sequence.

For instance - The shooter shoots two shots on the wrong type of target. They must now place the next shot on target three of the right type of target and continue the string. Else they will earn a P plus the two misses.

A long time ago my wife shot rifle targets with her pistols and was given 10 misses. After she unloaded and was back at her cart, the posse marshall asked her to go back to the firing line and point to the pistol targets while he was down range (she pointed only to the rifle targets). Turns out the window she shot thru was so high there was no way she could see the pistol targets. He removed the misses with no prior discussion.

The reason , I posted what I did , was many years ago at a State match ,

I was given both , in a similar occurance

NO big deal to me , as I am a bottom of the pack shooter :lol:

Chickasaw Bill

If you ever question or think that a penalty or call was wrong at a big match, don't sign the book and make an incident or protest request before leaving the unload table. One simple thing is to ask to see it in the book. We all know a miss cannot cause a P and in this case it is clearly a miss for each shot.

I know because I did it a few years back at a Florida shoot. OOPS! But if in doubt....ask and learn and if you know it's the wrong call ask to see it in the rule book.

Just my too scents

KK

Archived