SASS Wire Forum

How to speed up the rifle?

Shooting Bull

I can assure you that Chili meant no disrespect, he was just curious.

Chili's great fun to shoot with and I didn't take it personaly at all. Maybe we both didn't word our post properly. It's hard for you'all to see my smile through the cloud. MW

Shooting Bull

The second of GD videos has you taking nearly 6 seconds between 2nd and 3rd shotgun.

In that video it ain't your rifle, it's the SG.

I wanted to also thank you for your posts as they have gotten me thinking about my transitions.

It has helped me improve greatly so keep trying to improve, you are helping others as well. :)

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I fault Grizzy Dave for that horrible shotgun run. I have no idea why, I just fault him for it.

(That really was an anomaly. Shotgun is usually my best of all the guns.)

This is one of the main reasons I love SASS so much, we're all competing against each other yet we're all on the same "team" trying to help each other get better. What a great game.

:D

I fault Grizzy Dave for that horrible shotgun run. I have no idea why, I just fault him for it.

(That really was an anomaly. Shotgun is usually my best of all the guns.)

This is one of the main reasons I love SASS so much, we're all competing against each other yet we're all on the same "team" trying to help each other get better. What a great game.

Can I help it if you want to be just like me and my shotgun skills suck?

Most Wanted, I post my smiles like this :P:P:P Hope you and your son are doing well and hope to shoot with you guys again real soon

Best regards,

Chili

Hope your doing well also. Maybe we'll get that chance at Indiana.

What you really need to do is move your hands faster. :P But really, are you able to cycle ten rounds through the gun without pulling the trigger in the time frame that you want to be able to shoot them in? That would be a good place to start so you are not setting unrealistic goals for yourself. I would cycle ten and figure out what I could do comfortably, then work towards being able to shoot them that fast. By the time you get to that point your hand speed will likely have increased some and you will then be able to push for more speed.

Another thing I am curious about is what velocity is the ammo that you run in your rifle. If they are light(slow) loads they are hurting your speed, bump them up and you will get faster. Your brain will be able to react faster when you get feedback (hearing the hit) faster.

There are a few other things that will help you get faster but they are hard to explain in text. I will PM you my number, call me and I will see if I can help.

PS, yes I can.

There is a lot more to answering that question. I realize you are not trying to start something but is it two sweeps on 5 targets from the same direction? Is it a 1-3-5-2-4 sweep? Is it a double tap sweep on five? Are the targets the same size, distance and height? What are the sizes, distances and height? Where are hands and rifle at the start?

Bogus is correct. That is why I ask shooters what do they expect for an average split time during a stage. Most top shooters can tell you because they practice with a timer and analyze it after every run.

I can assure you that Chili meant no disrespect, he was just curious.

+1

I am one who routinely breaks the 3 second mark. I leave my finger in the lever, just push it to the front of the trigger guard. I also, unlike lefty, plant my thumb on the side of the reciever. The best thing anyone can do is practice....A LOT!!! To get where I am I have fired probably 100,000 rounds through my rifle. I still mess up sometimes, jack a live one out.....guess I still need practice!

Shooting Bull

The second of GD videos has you taking nearly 6 seconds between 2nd and 3rd shotgun.

:

This is from a few years ago in a top 16 shoot off. Not my best run but every now and then

I can do okay with the shotgun.

https://www.facebook.com/al.lind.16/videos/vob.100000939097487/272400099467958/?type=2&theater

This is from a few years ago in a top 16 shoot off. Not my best run but every now and then

https://www.facebook.com/al.lind.16/videos/vob.100000939097487/272400099467958/?type=2&theater

Having never been in a top 16 shoot off myself I have no room to be critical

However

NICE SLIDE INTO HOME. :lol:

And ya, the shotgun WAS pretty good. :)

Waimea

No more posting on here the rest of the day. Now go enjoy your Birthday.

In both videos, your rifle was your strongest gun. The first had slow shot to shot time on pistols and you actually looked to the side between two shots. Not sure what happened there. In the second video, youbhad a time chasing holsters to draw and reholster. Your holsters sit forward on your legs while you bend your your knees, making it difficult to get access to the guns.

The shotgun was better in the second video.

Need to shoot faster? Contact Sawyer. He offers an excellent 60 second shooting course👍🏼

"Practice more...shoot faster...don't miss"

Regards,

Ringer

Need to shoot faster? Contact Sawyer. He offers an excellent 60 second shooting course

Regards,

Ringer

Seems I've heard a hundred variations of those exact words. Wonder if that means something? :-)

Seems I've heard a hundred variations of those exact words. Wonder if that means something? :-)

It means you are spending to much time in the pool. Not enough practice.

But then I don't want you to practice.

SO.

Stay in the pool. :o

The best way for me to speed up the rifle I have is loan it to a really fast shooter,Maybe he or she can teach it something.

Need to shoot faster? Contact Sawyer. He offers an excellent 60 second shooting course

Regards,

Ringer

I took Sawyer's 60 Second Shooting Course but I musta been held back or something cuz it turned out to be a lot longer than 60 sec.

Might have been the Alabama shine that held things up for a bit.

Fun times.

Sawyer's a great guy. He and his traveling partner Canoe Creek Kid kept me amused for for some time.

:lol:

Waimea

I took Sawyer's 60 Second Shooting Course but I musta been held back or something cuz it turned out to be a lot longer than 60 sec.

Might have been the Alabama shine that held things up for a bit.

Fun times.

Sawyer's a great guy. He and his traveling partner Canoe Creek Kid kept me amused for for some time.

:lol:

Waimea

Canoe Creek Kid and his son are some of my favorite cowboys!

Stan

+1

I am one who routinely breaks the 3 second mark. I leave my finger in the lever, just push it to the front of the trigger guard. I also, unlike lefty, plant my thumb on the side of the reciever. The best thing anyone can do is practice....A LOT!!! To get where I am I have fired probably 100,000 rounds through my rifle. I still mess up sometimes, jack a live one out.....guess I still need practice!

You mess up sometimes???? You??? Never!!!! But it helps if you load the rifle first right Doc????😂

Archived