SASS Wire Forum

2015 Florida State Champions

Shamrock Sadie

Congratulations to The Florida State Champions, Santa Fe River Stan and Hawkeye Gin!

Also congratulations to Prestidigitator for Overall Top Cowboy and to Sage Chick for Overall Top Cowgirl!

I got the pleasure of shooting on the same posse with Sage Chick and Pious Player. What fantastic shooters they are!

...and a HUGE congratulations to all of the category winners!

Finally after figthing the flu all weekend. I won Florida State Deulist.

I have to say that this match was one of the best matches at St. Augustine thus far. The stages were written well and the props were as always, outstanding.

It takes a lot of time and hard work by the volunteers to put on a big match. The committee, side match workers, prop builders, waddies, stage writers, and registration folks all put aside their personal time to put on a great match. A big thanks goes to the berm marshals who sacrificed their time the entire weekend (and some way before the match even started) to help the shooters maneuver through the stages.

Well done, Florida State Match volunteers!

Who won Grand Patron and Senior Gunfighter? Was there a FCGF category?

Totally agree with Shamrock Sadie! Congrats to my wife "Sammy Jo" on her first clean match and on winning LFC State Champion and LFC black powder side match! Way to go sweetie!! (Big thanks to Slick McClade for persuading me to put his Sure Hit sights on her pistols!) Great match in spite of challenging weather! Already looking forward to next year.

Dal Sackett

Who won Grand Patron and Senior Gunfighter? Was there a FCGF category?

Deadly Sharpshooter won Senior GF. Congrats, Deadly. Sorry, I don't recall FCGF at the moment.

And BTW, congrats to Bodacious, the GF winner. Great match. As Sadie said in much more detail, thanks to all of you for the hundreds and hundreds of hours you put in so that we could have such an incredible shoot.

I also meant to congratulate Cheyenne Culpepper, the winner of All Around Cowboy--tough challenge and he measured up. And congratulations to all the other category winners as well.

I got to feeling a little better on Saturday so I got to go watch Sadie, Pious Player and Sage Chick shoot a couple of stages Saturday afternoon. That was quite a show to have three women with their talent all having to shoot with one another and each one knew if one of them had a good stage they had to push even harder to shoot better themselves. They all did very well as they all made the top 32 Shootoff out of 300 shooters.

Shamrock Sadie had another good showing on sunday as she made it to the semifinal round in the top 32 Shootoff on Sunday

Cope

Shamrock Sadie - you are such a sweet lady and a great Ambassador for the Cowboy Action Sport.

It's my pleasure to get to watch you and Knot Hardly Done a couple times a year.

Congratulations to all the winners at the Florida State Championship.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Let's not forget that hard fought category All Around Cowboy. Purdy Boy bested all the competition to win that special buckle that Santa Fe River Stan ordered up special from the blacksmith. I happen to be at the right place at the right time with the Best Western posse in the breakfast room and found Cheyenne proudly wearing his buckle. I got permission from Purdy Boy to put this up....he's a good sport as well as a good shot.

I got to feeling a little better on Saturday so I got to go watch Sadie, Pious Player and Sage Chick shoot a couple of stages Saturday afternoon. That was quite a show to have three women with their talent all having to shoot with one another and each one knew if one of them had a good stage they had to push even harder to shoot better themselves. They all did very well as they all made the top 32 Shootoff out of 300 shooters.

Shamrock Sadie had another good showing on sunday as she made it to the semifinal round in the top 32 Shootoff on Sunday

Cope

Shamrock Sadie - you are such a sweet lady and a great Ambassador for the Cowboy Action Sport.

It's my pleasure to get to watch you and Knot Hardly Done a couple times a year.

Congratulations to all the winners at the Florida State Championship.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Thanks for all the kind words. We really love shooting with the clubs in Florida and look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Let's not forget that hard fought category All Around Cowboy. Purdy Boy bested all the competition to win that special buckle that Santa Fe River Stan ordered up special from the blacksmith. I happen to be at the right place at the right time with the Best Western posse in the breakfast room and found Cheyenne proudly wearing his buckle. I got permission from Purdy Boy to put this up....he's a good sport as well as a good shot.

Looking good, Pretty Boy! Congratulations!

Looks like Purty Boy shaved his legs for this photo :lol:

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all who attended

We had a great time!!!

Chicken Scratch

Congrats to Tator and Sage Chick for top overall and to Stan and Gin for Fl. State overall.

Congrats to all of the category winners and State Champs.

Special congrats to new Fl State Champs: Waimea (Outlaw), Tampa Flash (Duelist), Shoulda Dun Gun (Silver Senior) and Delta Glen (49R).

Very special congrats to Moog (clean match w/no Moog N It), Doc Ironhorse (well shot match) and Capt Wild Willie McDonald (4th match ever and a good showing).

My sympathies to my pard and arch rival, Jeff Sheleen...........rifle problem on the last stage cost 10 misses and a top 30 finish.

CS

had a great time,,,, seemed like AAC was a race to finish last for a while,,,, I survived the best,,,

thank you!!!!

Thanks everyone. My family and I had a great time. I thought the crew in St. Augustine did a great job.

Copenhagen

Lil Mis

Bill Bonney

Bandana Barb

Oakley Mouse

Von Zipper

Chicken Scratch

Kingfish Dave

The Usina Children (Jen, Charles, Chase, Chance and Chandler).....you should hear Chase sing the National Anthem.....it brought a tear to my eye....

The folks I saw helping set up.....Deadly Sharpshooter, Purdy Sharp, Major Misahp, Ennah Tizzy, Dakota Lil, Light Load, Macinaw, Wigley Down Yonder, Dominator (I'm sure I missed someone)

The folks working the stages.....Strider, Ramblin Rider, Light Load, Macinaw, Wigley Down Yonder, Bonfire, Dynamite Deed, Bronco Lady, Christian Mortician, Wabash Valley Slim, Kingfish Dave, Bad Hombre, Quicksdraw Connie, General Lee Smokey, Dakota Lil, Major Misahp, Ennah Tizzy, Oakley Mouse, Chicken Scratch and Delta Glen as a Range Master.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for giving me and my family the opportunity to have fun and visit with our friends from all over the country......You guys should hold your heads high with pride on a job well done.

For me this match is about a lot more than a competition. Buckles and trophies are nice but friendships earned and memories made are the real prizes!

Stan -Feeling blessed to have seen and visited with so many of his friends this weekend.

PS.....We'll see y'all next year.....If you haven't made down you might want to put it on the calendar.

Looks like Purty Boy shaved his legs for this photo :lol:

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all who attended

We had a great time!!!

Chicken Scratch

PM sent.

I would most certainly echo Santa Fe River Stan in every regard. Our family had a grand time with many friends...old and new.

We thank all who worked so hard in putting this wonderful weekend together. You all did a super job...SALUTE

Archived