SASS Wire Forum

You Really Have to Hand it to Short People...

I was in the hardware store recently and there was a father-son pair there. Dad (maybe 50 years old) was about 5'5" and son (about 25 years old) was 6'3". Dad was stretching to reach something above his head and the kid was standing there playing with his phone gadget. Finally the dad walked away and the son asked where he was going.

"This project is for your room. You're screwing around and not even helping with the littlest things, so now it's your project, not mine. I'm going home and take a nap."

Last I saw the old man was gone and the kid was still standing in the aisle looking like he'd been slapped.

I think Dad and I could be friends. :D

My mom is 4'11". My wife is 5'3". I am 6'1". I grew up with and still hear "Can you please reach and get......." And I do it. Mom had a wooden spoon we all feared :o and my wife has other ways to punish. :wub:

Almost got into a fight with a "little guy" one time. Was stopped at a traffic light behind a BMW and my foot slipped off of the brake. My truck went up and barely tapped the BMW.

This guy gets out of the car, couldn't have been 4' tall. Comes up to my car window and says, I just bought this car and I am not happy so I asked which one is he..........Doc? :o:lol:

Schoolmarm is 5' 3 1/4" tall. It could be catastrophic for anyone to discount the 1/4"!! :ph34r::lol:

My sister is 5'2 1\8. If you forget that fraction your shins will hurt for weeks

I was in the hardware store recently and there was a father-son pair there. Dad (maybe 50 years old) was about 5'5" and son (about 25 years old) was 6'3". Dad was stretching to reach something above his head and the kid was standing there playing with his phone gadget. Finally the dad walked away and the son asked where he was going.

"This project is for your room. You're screwing around and not even helping with the littlest things, so now it's your project, not mine. I'm going home and take a nap."

Last I saw the old man was gone and the kid was still standing in the aisle looking like he'd been slapped.

I think Dad and I could be friends. :D

Good for the dad.

My mom is 4'11". My wife is 5'3". I am 6'1". I grew up with and still hear "Can you please reach and get......." And I do it. Mom had a wooden spoon we all feared :o and my wife has other ways to punish. :wub:

So how long was the couch??

Texas Lizard

Being 6'5 I grew tired of short statured strangers running up to me and demanding to know "hey Buddy did you play basketball?" My answer. "No! Are you a pee wee golfer!"

At 6'6" I had the same question and started telling them that no I didn't, where I came from they only let the big guys play.

On both sides of my parent's families, I'm the tallest child and cousin of my generation --boy or girl. And my son and daughter are the tallest of their generation.

one of our Cowboys is 6'6" and when folks ask him how the weather is up there, he spits and tells 'em it's rainin'

you had better have gotten a runnin start before dayin that to my mom, she waz 4'11 3/4" my step dad was 6"2" and scaired of her, she always said "you have to sleep sometime"

curley

I had a lil' bitty biddy motion me over in a supermarket. She pointed emphatically up to the top shelf of vegetables. I handed the can to her. With rage on her face, she pointed again, over-emphasizing her gestures (tall people can be soooooo stooopid!) She snatched the second can out of my hand and stumped off, never uttering a word. :P

hahhaha Uno

did ya ever point to the bottom shelf and gesture for a little bitty biddy to fetch sumthin fer you??

hahhaha Uno

did ya ever point to the bottom shelf and gesture for a little bitty biddy to fetch sumthin fer you??

I would have been in fear of where that can would have ended up. :o

Archived