SASS Wire Forum

Missouri is Sooo Wierd

Smoken D

Lived here all my life except 3 years for Uncle Sam, BUT GEEEEE, IT IS 81 DEGREES RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE SNOWING TOMORROW MORNING, GEEEE!!!

It was 70 yesterday here in Colorado, now it's snowing and all three of the biggest routes into the mountains west of Denver are closed at some point.....

Up around 70 here in Ohio, and we've got winter storm advisories for tomorrow, with a forecast low of 9 tomorrow night.

You know what they say about Missouri weather, "If you don't like it, wait five minutes and it'll change."

I've seen it get up into the 70s in January and drop to below freezing within an hour and be well below zero over night.

We were working on a roof one summer when a rain storm came up. Rained hard enough to run off one side of the roof but not three drops fell on the other.

You know what they say about Missouri weather, "If you don't like it, wait five minutes and it'll change."

I've seen it get up into the 70s in January and drop to below freezing within an hour and be well below zero over night.

We were working on a roof one summer when a rain storm came up. Rained hard enough to run off one side of the roof but not three drops fell on the other.

My wife was working in our front yard. I was looking out the kitchen window on the back of the house. It was pouring rain. I walked the 50 ft to the front door to tell her it was not important enough for her to get wet and realized that the front yard was completely dry and the back had puddles. (True story)

Now with climate change it rains on both sides of the house.

The weather guy on channel 2 said this crazy mess wasn't supposed to start for another couple of hours. It's pouring with thunder and lightning to beat the band.

It was 80 and sunny here in Florida and is supposed to be nice tomorrow too,

32, blue sky's, no snow but thunder storms last night.

We're supposed to be in the upper 60s tomorrow with a good chance for SNOW on Sunday. The weather around here will give you whiplash.

It was so nice here today that I carried my coat to my car after work, was almost sweating in the car until I got the window down and started moving, and we had the front door open for almost 2 hours after we got home. Tomorrow is supposed to be so cold we changed our minds about going to Pawnee, gonna be too cold fer me to be outside that long.... :wacko::wacko: :wacko:

Central NC

Last Friday we got 5" of snow/ice mix with over 400k households losing power and tress down everywhere.

The next two days were 65-F and a chorus of chainsaws in every neighborhood.

Yep, they are at it again. In the 70's today and going to snow tomorrow. Gotta Love it! :)

National weather says 3-5".

But it will be a warm snow.

Sitting here, looking out the window at a thermometer that reads 42 degrees that is currently covered with snow. Sleet and snowflakes the size of your thumb.

I'll be careful going out this afternoon so I don't get sunstroke.

A friend that had moved here from California and I were talking a couple of years back. Told him I wished we had weather like California. He told me that would be a mistake because if we had California weather then we would have the Californians. I decided I'll take the wild weather swings. We have enough trouble without that.

Last good wind storm broke my ham radio antenna for the last time.

Now have the wire antenna in the attic.

Not the best but pretty well proof against a direct lightning strike, high winds or falling branches.

Not impervious.

Still susceptible to EMP from a nearby bolt, or from cloud-to-cloud over head; it can be damaged by high winds or falling branches -- but if that happens now, my problems will be far, far greater than a broken antenna wire!

Our Firelands Peacemakers cancelled the Saturday shoot due to wet & muddy (a wise decision!) ... and I saw a sign of approaching spring yesterday.

I saw a schoolgirl in a mini skirt and gum boots. :lol:

Linn, when using a wire dipole, do you find you need two dipoles 90o apart to work East -West or North-South?

It'll be 86 here today, with a strong Sanatana, and 100% chance of political stupidity.

• 3 weeks later...

Thunderstorms came through last night and this morning along with a warning of golf ball size hail. We got heavy rain but no hail. Drove into town and it was covered with hail - more than a foot deep in places. The hail was so deep, they had to break out the snow plows to clear some streets. I saw pictures of hail the size of a hen's egg.

Up around 70 here in Ohio, and we've got winter storm advisories for tomorrow, with a forecast low of 9 tomorrow night.

What??? Up here in Northeast Ohio it's gonna be in the 50's for the next few days, winter's have left us and we're way up north here!! :wacko:

Going to Tusco Sat., it's predicted to be in the 50's there too. I think ya read the wrong weather report!! :blink:

Orange Co. CA was 68 today and will warm up to 80 on Sunday. We have next week off school for spring break and it is the first time in public sch. history here that it has been scheduled outside Easter week :blink::blush:

Apparently, the weather we experienced the last couple of days damaged the roof. I found some water stains on the ceiling of a guest bedroom. The landlord is going to love to hear that. I hope they get it repaired before we have more intense weather come this way......

Sat the 5th. Beautiful. Shot at the Ozark Posse in shirt sleeves.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, 80 degrees Saturday, 24 now. Snow flurries yesterday afternoon. 60s for the rest of the week.

Yep, mid 80's Saturday, yesterday was in a white out blizzard, below freezing this morning, 66 tomorrow and 70s Friday. Come-on Spring, push ole man Winter out of here :)

Got a text from Calam: "It's freaking SNOWING!!!"

The St Loonie TV weather guy has gone into the Witness Protection Program.

He was so scared, they had their third stringer in the studio with the report. {He should stay as the third stringer......} I wasn't quite ready for this but I can only hope it's the last gasp of winter. I'm ready for some warmth and sun!!

I'm ready for some warmth and sun!!

Pretty soon it will be hot and humid there, and you'll be needing a cool breeze to blow through. :) Dang cold winters and hot, humid summers is what I remember most about living in St Louis.

Oh, and my first and only tornado warning going off.

Archived