SASS Wire Forum

Missouri is Sooo Wierd

Smoken D

Linn, when using a wire dipole, do you find you need two dipoles 90o apart to work East -West or North-South?

It'll be 86 here today, with a strong Sanatana, and 100% chance of political stupidity.

Uno, sorry for the delayed response.

I've used a horizontal delta loop and I've used a single wire on an AH-4, so no experience with dipoles -- though theoretically, yes, two dipoles would be useful, each aligned at 90 degrees from the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, who's crazy now?

Last Thursday we went on our weekly "get stuff" trip. It was in low 40s, misting rain and blustery wind. While in WallyWorld I spotted a pallet load of 5000 btu window air conditioners on special for $109. I wanted on for my reloading room that we don't heat or cool 24/7 so I bought one. By Saturday it was up to 80 and the last couple of days over 90. We work outside and have been doing spring cleanup work outside. By 4:00 pm I hit the wall of my endurance. I wanted to be out doing something but I'd had enough sun, wind and heat. The oaks are dropping pollen like a snow storm. I've not set up the AC unit yet but I'll have it when it's needed.

Well, who's crazy now?

Last Thursday we went on our weekly "get stuff" trip. It was in low 40s, misting rain and blustery wind. While in WallyWorld I spotted a pallet load of 5000 btu window air conditioners on special for $109. I wanted on for my reloading room that we don't heat or cool 24/7 so I bought one. By Saturday it was up to 80 and the last couple of days over 90. We work outside and have been doing spring cleanup work outside. By 4:00 pm I hit the wall of my endurance. I wanted to be out doing something but I'd had enough sun, wind and heat. The oaks are dropping pollen like a snow storm. I've not set up the AC unit yet but I'll have it when it's needed.

I agree on the pollen part. My white car as well as the back deck is now yellow. I have two big oaks in the front and two bigger oaks out back. I finally had to turn the AC in the house on because pollen count was driving my allergies buggy.

Yep, week ago it was 38, five days later 93 and been in the low 90's last few days. Go out at night with the spot light, point it up, turn on, and looks like a blizzard. Man, I'm breathing that stuff and the lungs are full of it.

The night it was supposed to be 38 frosted a half a dozen new plants we had just put out.

I mowed my lawn this afternoon and damn near had heat stroke. It went from winter to summer in a week. Dang, I was kinda looking forward to spring.

Not this year, unless it comes in July.

I mowed my lawn this afternoon and damn near had heat stroke. It went from winter to summer in a week. Dang, I was kinda looking forward to spring.

J-Bar, you have the right of it!

Looking through pictures on my cell phone and there's snow on the ground in photos from April 15 and 18 ... today is May 9 ... that ain't that long ago ... and yes it frosted here within the past week.

I drive past a time/temp sign board for a company on my way in to w*rk every morning. It's pretty accurate. This morning it said the temp was 76 degrees................... at 5:30am............... I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Good Lord! We have frost warnings for the morning of the 16th of May. :(

Yep, gonna be in the 30s up here tonight :wacko:

I spent a lifetime in the winter of 65'-66' at Fort "Lost in the Woods, Misery". :wacko::lol:

Ifen you spent any time at the hospital at Fort LenordMud, 64-68, my wife probably took care of ya. :o

Archived