SASS Wire Forum

If I was going to buy myself a Christmas present

What would be a good spotting scope to ask Santa to get?

Actually I ordered a new fly line from Cabela's yesterday, on sale for half price and free shipping. :D

Now all I have to do is convince Santa that I have been a good boy. That will be the hard part!

Leupold! Back when I was shooting IHMSA I would occaisionally spot for someone who had one. Unbelievable. Used to watch gnats buzzing around the rams at 200m. If they would have held still I could have counted them!

JHC

BMC, if Santa still has that pic of you in the snow, I wouldn't reckon on gittun much!

Tho top line of spotting scopes,,,,Swarovski! I've got a Unertel from the 50's that's still top notch...

pb

I was gonns treat myself to some new shooter's boots but I talked to my sister last night. Found out there's something she really needs, can't afford and would use more than once or twice a month. Costs about the same as a pair of cavalry boots. So I'll treat her instead. ;)

:huh:

could get myself a present , BUT

gonna spend the $$ on the girls :wub:

CB :lol:

Me too. Momma needs whatever she want's and my little girl needs a '73 Winchester.

I was gonns treat myself to some new shooter's boots but I talked to my sister last night. Found out there's something she really needs, can't afford and would use more than once or twice a month. Costs about the same as a pair of cavalry boots. So I'll treat her instead. ;)

Well, that is what Christmas is all about, Bob. Folks get kinda tangled up with what THEY want. Should be thunking on what others need. I really have just about everything I need. The Great Granddaughter is slated to make out like a bandit tho. :lol:

The original question was about a spotting scope...

I love my Leupold 12-40X60:

http://www.leupold.com/observation/spotting-scopes/gr-spotting-scopes/gr-12-40x60mm/

You can pay more for a Swarovski, Leitz, or Leica, but I don't think you will see any better.

...I didn't pay that much for it when I bought mine years ago. I guess you can thank "quantitative easing" for that.

I like my Leupold rifle scope real well.

I have a cheapie, not a Leupold, that would make a great boat anchor.

It works real well out to about 20 feet. Leupold doesn't make cheap.

Got myself a Cimarron Plinkerton .22 lr & 22Mag. I'm gonna shoot this thing today. I had one when they first came out and sold it cause I wasn't shooting it. Now I'm determined to shoot a couple times a month at the indoor range just to keep my muscle memory. I'm also gonna dry fire with the new A-Zoom caps I bought. I'm gonna try and not be too rusty when we start shootin' again in a couple months.

Merry Christmas to me :lol:

Rye

Man this Plinkerton shoots great! The .22 mag is a nice round with a good muzzle flash. Accurate gun I like it. Anyone looking for a .22 check out the Plinkerton, full size so you get the same grip feel as whatever SAA/clone you're shooting and it's fairly cheap to shoot. Made in Dayton,Ohio BTW

Rye :)

:huh:

all the easyer to put the VENISON in the freezer :o

CB :ph34r:

hahhahaahaaa :lol: bad reindeer--no carrots

hope ya gets whatcha wants Badger

Archived