SASS Wire Forum

Light up your Dillon

Roger Rapid

Here's a neat light that is small enough to fit into the empty station 5 on Dillon 650s (assuming it's not occupied with a die). I found it in a sewing store, it runs on 110v and has an LED lamp that generates virtually no heat. As you can see in photo, the head of the light fits into the die's seat and provides plenty of light on the turret (enough to see power in loaded cartridge). I zip-tied the wire and switch to the case-feed support. Called the "Bendable Bright Light." About $40.00 …RR

Dillon-press-light.jpg

Also check LED strip lights on E-bay or Amazon. I have them for my 650 and 550. Lights up everything. Makes spotting a cracked or split casing much easier!

Pain

If his is set up like mine, the light fits through the hole in the center of the tool head.

I don't know what they call that hole other than it is the one you use to put the tool head on the spare head base when you are not using that tool head.

I have a 100w cfl in a flexible arm deal that is just above the 650, also works for my Mec beside it. Lights up everything, besides, I don't have an empty spot on mine.

pb

Sitting here wondering how a lizard goes about training a snake. :huh::)

I got it when it was young...Started off holding small things and worked up to the small flash light...When it tired it wiggles its tail and I give it water and potty break then back to work...It knows when done it get a small mouse for snack...Can't beat it...

Texas Lizard

• 1 month later...

I saw this thread a while ago, thougth it was a good idea, then yesterday I stumbled upon this site. Their products are designed for reloading equipment; thinking about getting one for my Dillon 550's, hope I can just place it on the machine I am loading on instead of buying two.

Does anyone have one yet? The 550 light seems to be just placed into the center hole in the toolhead. I would use some velcro strips to hold the wires so it can be moved between machines.

http://inlinefabrication.com/collections/dillon/products/skylighttm-led-lighting-kit-for-the-dillon-550

Also check LED strip lights on E-bay or Amazon. I have them for my 650 and 550. Lights up everything. Makes spotting a cracked or split casing much easier!

Pain

I tried a strip led light. Bought it at a gun show made for loading machines. Mine sucked! Lasted adout 6 months then started going dim?

Lighting up the area is a nice touch:)

Ringer

I saw this thread a while ago, thougth it was a good idea, then yesterday I stumbled upon this site. Their products are designed for reloading equipment; thinking about getting one for my Dillon 550's, hope I can just place it on the machine I am loading on instead of buying two.

Does anyone have one yet? The 550 light seems to be just placed into the center hole in the toolhead. I would use some velcro strips to hold the wires so it can be moved between machines.

http://inlinefabrication.com/collections/dillon/products/skylighttm-led-lighting-kit-for-the-dillon-550

I like the "kit" for the 650, I will place an order for one when ever the next discount event rolls around. I saw they had 15% off for Black Friday. Hopefully will do a 10% soon.

I have the light from in line fabrication. I like it. I got the 110 volt model. Probably should have bought the battery model to reduce clutter on top of the bench. If you have lights on 2 machines just buy the Y-device option they offer. Then you can use 1 power source for both machines. I wish I would have done that. Also bought the light system for my SDB. I haven't set that one up yet.

As always YMMV,

Marlin (With Lights) Buckhorn

Howdy Pards:

Sometime back being November 2010 we got a Dillon 650 and works fantastic. One problem I had being hard of hearing was that the powder alarm system alarmed ok but this old bird could not hear it.

What I needed was an alarm that also had a red light on top of the system. I contacted Dillion by e-mail and asked if they could install a light that lights up with also the warning sound of no powder in case so that old buzzards like me can see the warning light. Conversed with one individual and they were not one bit interested. I still have all the e-mail and info from this.

So pards what I did was to take the device and drilling a small hole into the top of the warning system I installed a small bulb with two wires one to each end of the battery and presto when the device sounds it also light up. Believe me pards it really works great. The total cost to me doing this was under $3.00 and yes it was only few dollars purchased from Radio Shack. The light is not red though it is a bright white one. You could probably paint it red with some of your wife's nail polish. Very helpful for the hearing impaired.

If you have trouble hearing the sound of the system and want to see how I did this send me an e-mail and I'll show you what I did.

respectfully;

Jackrabbit #414

I have the center light from Inline Fabrication, works well on both my 550's, and I did get the splitter. I used to use the light from Unique-tech but the batteries kept dying, I would forget to turn it off. I tried the led strips but they also stopped working after a while.

Here's a neat light that is small enough ...

Thanks Rapid for starting this post. One of the best unique ideas I've read in quite a spell.

Archived