SASS Wire Forum

Should he be hung?

Cash Duckett

I have a hard time deciding exactly how I feel about "Snowden the Leaker". At first I thought he was a traitor. Later I think I changed my mind. Now Holder, backing up a bit, says he won't torture or kill him. I think he's afraid Snowden will spill more beans. I'm kinda leaning towards him being a hero, cuz without him I'd never known I was being constantly spied on. Tough one. I've don't have anything to hide, but I still don't like the idea of whats going on. Now I'm convinced big brother is doing more than Snowden has come out about still. What say the fire? Is this whole subject taboo? Am I going to be exiled for asking?

Cash

Actually, I'm lurking around this topic waiting for the drum roll and the inappropriate remark...............

I misunderstood the headline, thought you were referring to weiner, My answer would be if you are going to send out picks of your wedding tackle you should be

He fled to another country. Not exactly standing up for you convictions. And which country? Yeah them.

And are they real good at extracting info from a fella even without using rubber hoses? You bet.

I think he has some splaining to do.

Well, not knowing exactly what Snowden took with him I really can not say just how deep his treason runs.

If proving to the world that the US Gov't was spying upon everyone with access to the internet, f, google, etc. was the extent of his treason, then, he is an idiot and ruined himself for nothing. It is not worth the time and effort of chasing him down.

The point that "analytic talent" is being used for this purpose by the NSA or IRS or FBI or CIA or etc... should be of no surprise to anyone old enough to actually use f. Every major corporation around the world does this right down to figuring out who you are (more or less) and what you are into with amazing ease and speed. There are dozens of US companies that can do this kind of analysis on the cheap. Should he be put to death for this? I do not think so.

Now, if his information theft actually put "human US assets" or operations at real risk of loss he deserves to die IMHO as that is real damage to others.

I don't want him executed. But I want him to stand up and say, "I did this to expose the illegal surveillance the government is conducting on Americans". And I don`t want him to do it from Moscow, Hong Kong, Teheran, Havana, or Caracas.

And assuming he didn't reveal classified info to foreign states, I`m okay with that. But he needs to be accountable for his actions.

Hero? Naw.

Whistleblower? Sure.

Traitor? Time will tell I reckon.

And as pointed out, how could anyone with a brain think this wasn`t going on anyway?

I could argue both sides of this topic. The problem is, I don't know exactly what he has given China and Russia and exactly what damage was done to U.S. intelligence. Did it just cause the administration a little embarrassment or did it cost us lives and billions of dollars? I don't know.

I could argue both sides of this topic. The problem is, I don't know exactly what he has given China and Russia and exactly what damage was done to U.S. intelligence. Did it just cause the administration a little embarrassment or did it cost us lives and billions of dollars? I don't know.

And there`s the rub. :unsure:

Hate to be picky, but shouldn't the title of this thread be "Should he be hanged?" :huh::huh:

As it reads now there's a bit of room here for misinterpretation...... :blink:

We keep hearing from the feds "We foiled dozens of plots because of this surveillance!"

OK, I think it was just under 50 (last I heard) over a period of 10 years or so. How many of those that were stopped would have been stopped without this total surveillance? How many would the feds have been able to go to the FISA court and obtained proper warrants for the persons of interest?

Also, I'm expected to play by the rules (that means follow the law), I see no reason that we should expect the government to be allowed to ignore the law and the Constitution. We are not the Soviet Union, Communist China, Cuba, or Nazi Germany. We are a nation of laws that supposedly protect our rights.

I misunderstood the headline, thought you were referring to weiner, My answer would be if you are going to send out picks of your wedding tackle you should be

"Wedding tackle" ... good one, never heard it before.

Hate to be picky, but shouldn't the title of this thread be "Should he be hanged?" :huh::huh:

As it reads now there's a bit of room here for misinterpretation...... :blink:

Quite correct. :D

What makes everyone think the "classified" information he has is true?

The Cold War may be over but the spy vs. spy stuff still goes on every day.

Snowden might be double agent intentionally recruited to "leak" false information or he might be a dope unknowingly tricked into stealing false information.

Either way what is a better way to convince our enemies that the information is true than by making him the most wanted man in America?

What makes everyone think the "classified" information he has is true?

The Cold War may be over but the spy vs. spy stuff still goes on every day.

Snowden might be double agent intentionally recruited to "leak" false information or he might be a dope unknowingly tricked into stealing false information.

Either way what is a better way to convince our enemies that the information is true than by making him the most wanted man in America?

Under this incompetent administration? :D:D

Marginally possible but highly improbable imho. :rolleyes: ;d

Good plot for a Ludlum type novel though.

Ever hear of "worms"?

Like the one that infected Iran's nuclear program and dealt it a serious setback.

Regardless massive government spying programs on citizens and secret courts are a major threat to our most basic of freedoms.

Keep in mind everything that Snowden has been accused of is from The Great American Caesar.

As Ben Franklin said about giving up liberty for a little security.

Is this another "phony scandal" perpetrated by "phony traitor"...?

Do we have a Federal government that is following the Constitution by this snooping? If not, then Snowden was right to make it public (even though anyone with half a brain knows nothing electronic is safe) and bring it into full light; if the Feds are right and following the Constitution then Snowden is wrong and exposed classified secrets.

After the Constitutional question, what Snowden did after that is immaterial except as a discussion to Snowden's motivations and character, and what now do the Chinese and Russians have.

I believe the Feds are overstepping and in violation of the Constitution and I don't appreciate it.

Ever hear of "worms"?

Like the one that infected Iran's nuclear program and dealt it a serious setback.

Regardless massive government spying programs on citizens and secret courts are a major threat to our most basic of freedoms.

Keep in mind everything that Snowden has been accused of is from The Great American Caesar.

As Ben Franklin said about giving up liberty for a little security.

I don't think so. Espionage is always done in the dark. Always. You never turn the spotlight on yourself. Ask Spooky Joe. ;)

We keep hearing from the feds "We foiled dozens of plots because of this surveillance!"

OK, I think it was just under 50 (last I heard) over a period of 10 years or so. How many of those that were stopped would have been stopped without this total surveillance? How many would the feds have been able to go to the FISA court and obtained proper warrants for the persons of interest?

Also, I'm expected to play by the rules (that means follow the law), I see no reason that we should expect the government to be allowed to ignore the law and the Constitution. We are not the Soviet Union, Communist China, Cuba, or Nazi Germany. We are a nation of laws that supposedly protect our rights.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of what these "plots" were made of and/or by whom? I mean, anything to really show?

I don't think so. Espionage is always done in the dark. Always. You never turn the spotlight on yourself. Ask Spooky Joe. ;)

Maybe...then again the Chinese and Ruskies can't wait to open the files to find out what all the fuss is about. Remember curiosity killed the cat.

Is this another "phony scandal" perpetrated by "phony traitor"...?

Do we have a Federal government that is following the Constitution by this snooping? If not, then Snowden was right to make it public (even though anyone with half a brain knows nothing electronic is safe) and bring it into full light; if the Feds are right and following the Constitution then Snowden is wrong and exposed classified secrets.

After the Constitutional question, what Snowden did after that is immaterial except as a discussion to Snowden's motivations and character, and what now do the Chinese and Russians have.

I believe the Feds are overstepping and in violation of the Constitution and I don't appreciate it.

While I tend to agree with you on the Constitutional question (although we have not really heard the exact extent of the program, and some of what he first claimed is patently false) what Snowden did after the Constitutional question is not irrelevant given the OP;s question.

The man went first to our rising international competitor and enemy (you may not know of the extent of their cyber attacks on our businesses and military, or their huge investment and advances in military capability) to make his declarations, Communist China, then on to our 60 year+ adversary, Russia. If he were a man of conviction AND INTEGRITY, he would have done this far differently. He is an immature young man, full of himself and willing to harm the country rather than help it.

Ask yourself, if you had the information he has (and claims to have), would you have chosen to disclose this and run to our country's adversaries, or disclosed it within the country?

He is guilty of treason because of the way he went about this. MHO.

Harvey

.....BREAKING NEWS FLASH..........BREAKING NEWS FLASH..........BREAKING NEWS FLASH..........BREAKING NEWS FLASH.....

Government Promises to Stop Lying Because of Drudge Report Spotlight

I sure feel better now.

Those who commit treason are traitors and they have been traditionally been hanged by the neck until dead.

A firing squad would do also.

Snowden so far appears to be a traitor having revealed classified information to the world.

Story may not be over yet.

But remember how Benedict Arnold ended his life as a traitor who escaped the American hangman.

Poor and reviled by the British for being a traitor.

Which OP question?

I have a hard time deciding exactly how I feel about "Snowden the Leaker". At first I thought he was a traitor. Later I think I changed my mind. Now Holder, backing up a bit, says he won't torture or kill him. I think he's afraid Snowden will spill more beans. I'm kinda leaning towards him being a hero, cuz without him I'd never known I was being constantly spied on. Tough one. I've don't have anything to hide, but I still don't like the idea of whats going on. Now I'm convinced big brother is doing more than Snowden has come out about still. What say the fire? Is this whole subject taboo? Am I going to be exiled for asking?

Cash

Guess not, but if you mention Sheila Jackson Lee it might be :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Logic dictates that since our current government cannot tell the truth and they are saying Snowden is a traitor, then he is not.

However, just like Fast and Furious, Bengazi, IRS, the birth certificate, voter fraud, etc. we may never know the whole truth.

Archived