SASS Wire Forum

Friday morning 'stupid' questions

Widder, SASS #59054

I was reading an article this morning about a pistol made during WWII.

The writer of the article described it as 'A Natural Pointer' with great 'Ergonomics'.

Why is it that most of our pistols are described like this by the writers when we all know that its nearly impossible to just 'point' a pistol and hit our targets.

I mean, if all these pistols were such great 'Natural Pointers', then why put a front site on em?

And, how in the world can a pistol with slab sided grip panels be 'Ergonomic'?

Yea, I know these are silly questions and I basically already know the answers, but hey, its Friday morning and sometimes other topics are more entertaining than a 'Whats the Call' thread.

Besides, this thread gives PWB a break..... :D .

OH yea, one more stupid question: When we see on TV a flyin saucer comes to earth from light years away and the space ship can travel at warp speeds, why is it that the lights on the space ship resemble the headlites on my 1988 Chevy Sliverado?

..........Widder

The writer of the article described it as 'A Natural Pointer' with great 'Ergonomics'.

Why is it that most of our pistols are described like this by the writers when we all know that its nearly impossible to just 'point' a pistol and hit our targets.

I mean, if all these pistols were such great 'Natural Pointers', then why put a front site on em?

Yea, I know these are silly questions and I basically already know the answers, but hey, its Friday morning and sometimes other topics are more entertaining than a 'Whats the Call' thread.

OH yea, one more stupid question: When we see on TV a flyin saucer comes to earth from light years away and the space ship can travel at warp speeds, why is it that the lights on the space ship resemble the headlites on my 1988 Chevy Sliverado?

..........Widder

Because that's where Chevy got the headlight design for the Silverado!

That would be MOST of the time! (IMO) ;)

...and I THANK ya kindly fer that, Widder!

I ain't got a clue!...& I drive a 2003 2500HD

..........Widder

..........Widder

Widder! Do you realise that the 1988 silverado is one of the most advanced designs ever put forth?? Where do you think such advanced thinking comes from? Certainly not from us lowly humans!! :o:lol:;)

If one travels faster than light speed, why do you even need headlights? Also, how would you warn oncoming ufo's of the cop speed trap ahead.

Betcha PWB can't answer that one. :D

CS

If one travels faster than light speed, why do you even need headlights? Also, how would you warn oncoming ufo's of the cop speed trap ahead.

Betcha PWB can't answer that one. :D

CS

Ain't even gonna try...besides, I'm on break! ;)

Widder

The reason they look like your 88 Silverado is because your truck is really a spacie ship and you are not from this plant.

We human earth people use that term, a natural pointer, to describe firearm that are comfortable in our hands.......humans don't have hummingbird wings for fingers :D

Like a moth to the flame - I came to this thread. I saw some "natural pointers" the other day - just before my wife slapped me.

Like a moth to the flame - I came to this thread. I saw some "natural pointers" the other day - just before my wife slapped me.

Never been slapped for looking at a windchester before.

When your hands are arthritic, there ain't no ergonomic handguns.

And I just love it when space aliens speak better English than the folks I work with everyday.

I thin I'll put Silverado in the Bluray player. It's cold outside. ;)

Q: Which came first space ships or Chevy Silverado's?

A: Chevy Silverado. Lots of space and drives like a ship.

When your hands are arthritic, there ain't no ergonomic handguns.

And I just love it when space aliens speak better English than the folks I work with everyday.

And hows come Romans in the movies always speak with British accents? They're Italian!

"OH yea, one more stupid question: When we see on TV a flyin saucer
comes to earth from light years away and the space ship can travel at
warp speeds, why is it that the lights on the space ship resemble the
headlites on my 1988 Chevy Sliverado?"

They were the low bidder. Even aliens have to keep an eye on costs.

If you were travelling faster than the speed of light, you would never see the headlights come on!

If you were travelling faster than the speed of light, you would never see the headlights come on!

Suppose you get to where you are going and it's dark? How you gonna see where to park?

Suppose you get to where you are going and it's dark? How you gonna see where to park?

See there, on the space ship they are parking lights!

Natural Pointers....headlights....maybe I should go back to the original post to see what you all are talking about...

KK

:) ...an' howcum we always drive on parkways and park on driveways.............

......an' howcum everytime Superman gets shot at he stands tall an' throws out his chest as th' bullets bounce off him, but when the bad guy finally empties his gun an' throws it at Superman in desperation, Superman always ducks??????????????

Archived