SASS Wire Forum

Don't buy one of these

Buck Bisley

Stack On 10 gun cabinet

I wrote a review on their page that most likely wont get published.

So I'll add one here

If I could leave a negative review for the product I would have left a -5 star

1. They put a big product advertisement sticker on the front door. It's the type of sticker that doesn't peel off.

2. The rifle side is too wide and the pistol/storage side is too narrow. Apparently, the designer has never owned a handgun with more than a 5" barrel.

3. There is only one set of pre-drilled holes for the plastic rifle racks. Apparently, the designer has never owned a carbine. I am going to have to build a 9" tall platform so that my carbines and coach guns will work with the rifle rack.

4. Foam is junk! They provide pre-cut foam for the shelves and adhesive backed foam to line the walls above and below the rifle racks. There were two different types of foam provided for the shelves. DO NOT USE THE ADHESIVE FOAM! The backing does not peel off cleanly. Once applied, that foam is there for life. If you need to remove it, you will never get that surface clean again unless you sandblast and repaint.

5. Two doors, two different locks. WTH? Matching locks and two sets of keys would be better for me. If I wanted Fort Knox, I would have bought it.

6. Pre-drilled holes in the top. They are expecting you to buy a bolt on addition and have thoughtfully drilled the holes in the top of the cabinet to do so. Umm what if you don't want it? At least what ever beverage that gets spilled on the cabinet has somewhere to go.

7. Pre-drilled anchor holes in the back of the cabinet are randomly spaced. Make sure you have a lot of wall space to slide this baby back and forth. You'll need 6"-12" of space to slide it to match up to a wall stud.

On the positive side

1. Nice gauge of metal is used throughout

2. Nice finish

Look for this item in my next yard sale!

Stack On 10 gun cabinet

So I'll add one here

Lemme plug in my crystal ball and get'er warmed up. Ooookay! There we go!

You received this as a Christmas present.

Don't wait for the yard sale; use CraigsList. People will buy the damndest things on there!! Bought my drag boat parachute life vest and Bell crash helmet. Can't believe that one. I'll bet you sell this white elephant pdq.

Cat Brules

I bought one of the 12-18 gun stack-on safes and the only negative I have is that, like the OP, you can't move the plastic rifle racks up or down.

I had one before I got my safe. It now gets used for ammo storage, so everything is secure from prying eyes and curious fingers.

Yup...that's what I did with my first safe.

GG

Dunno about that particular model, but some were OK considering the price. Not fireproof, but kid or idiot proof, which is all many can afford, and beats heck out of a 400 lb safe for the apartment dweller..

I used a tall rifle cabinet and a pistol box designed to stack on top of it for a decade. Yes I had to add extra foam (foam pool noodle and duct tape) to accommodate short barrels, but otherwise they worked fine. I think I paid like $75 for the pair at Walmart and never regretted it.

I don't have a "stack-on" cabinet, but in my safe my coach gun does not reach the upper holder. I but a piece wood of 1/2" X 8" dowell rod in a barrel, works just fine. Could do the same with a carbine I suppose. Just make dang double sure that the barrel is clear before you fire it!

They're okay for cabinets but not secure enough for guns in my opinion. Good ammo and parts holders.

Stack On 10 gun cabinet

So I'll add one here

1. They put a big product advertisement sticker on the front door. It's the type of sticker that doesn't peel off.

2. The rifle side is too wide and the pistol/storage side is too narrow. Apparently, the designer has never owned a handgun with more than a 5" barrel.

3. There is only one set of pre-drilled holes for the plastic rifle racks. Apparently, the designer has never owned a carbine. I am going to have to build a 9" tall platform so that my carbines and coach guns will work with the rifle rack.

4. Foam is junk! They provide pre-cut foam for the shelves and adhesive backed foam to line the walls above and below the rifle racks. There were two different types of foam provided for the shelves. DO NOT USE THE ADHESIVE FOAM! The backing does not peel off cleanly. Once applied, that foam is there for life. If you need to remove it, you will never get that surface clean again unless you sandblast and repaint.

5. Two doors, two different locks. WTH? Matching locks and two sets of keys would be better for me. If I wanted Fort Knox, I would have bought it.

6. Pre-drilled holes in the top. They are expecting you to buy a bolt on addition and have thoughtfully drilled the holes in the top of the cabinet to do so. Umm what if you don't want it? At least what ever beverage that gets spilled on the cabinet has somewhere to go.

7. Pre-drilled anchor holes in the back of the cabinet are randomly spaced. Make sure you have a lot of wall space to slide this baby back and forth. You'll need 6"-12" of space to slide it to match up to a wall stud.

On the positive side

2. Nice finish

Most of those you could have should have seen before buying. :o

I don't like gun cabinets anyway. I like gun safes. :unsure:

Just got a new bigger one, (not stackon) they are going to bring out on first of the week.

beats heck out of a 400 lb safe for the apartment dweller..

Exactly!!! Ask me how I know!!!

Perfect for apartment dwellers, you can scoot the box up the stairs without the prying eyes of nosy neighbors and busy bodies.....

They can be opened with a hammer and screwdriver.... I've done it...

:FlagAm:/> :FlagAm:/> :FlagAm:/> :FlagAm:/> :FlagAm:/>

I'm bolting a 10-gun into the back of the F150 widthways at the front of the box.

Not permanent storage, just for when we are motoring down the road to matches, going hunting, to church, etc.

With a bit of sticky-back velcro, there will be a covering that keeps it pretty much out of sight (also with the privacy glass in the camper shell).

I'll take some pix when I get it done and post them on my website.

Mustang Gregg

www.wildwestarms.net

As can your front door. A Stackon is better than nothing.

Yes but it leaves you with a false sense of security. It's a locking cabinet, intended to keep children from accessing your firearms. Criminals are going to make short work of it.

You can drill through the lock in about than 10 seconds with a good bit. Lost my keys once.....

Mine was a gift. Have a fire safe now.

My stack on I put shelves in and it is great for storing powder. Properly laid out, it will hold a few hundred pounds of powder. Particularly suited for black powder and similar cans.

I highly recommend one if but for powder/primer storage.

Let's see...they call it a Cabinet...yet ya think it's should function as a Safe.

Do ya have any electric drills? Then ya can probably make some nice new holes...how much was the thing?

Is yer arm okay after the salesman twisted yer arm so you'd buy it?

yadayadayada...

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Stack On 10 gun cabinet

So I'll add one here

On the positive side

2. Nice finish

Pardner I never looked that close, I just bolted mine (2) to the wall and filled them up.

I bought mine to keep things organized and to keep little fingers off what's inside.

I have a safe for the firearms, I use these for storage only.

Happy trails

QDG :FlagAm:

When I sold the farm, I cleared out and sold 3 gun safes. Like all things you seldom get more than the value you invested. When I buy another one it will be this one:

Speaking of breaking and entering... what you paid for may not be as secure as you thought:

Archived