SASS Wire Forum

Widder is going in for surgery...UPDATE

Korupt Karl

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A likely story. He's probably going in to have a tune up on those humming bird wings he had installed in place of his thumbs a few years back. :lol: I'll be thinking of you, pard!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! And here he is talking about his thumb. Everybody knows what a good heart Widder has, so it had to be his thumbs! ;)

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! And here he is talking about his thumb. Everybody knows what a good heart Widder has, so it had to be his thumbs! ;)

Howdy Buck.

Well, I guess I can't put anything over on my favorite Alabama Gamer..... :lol:

After my procedure tomorrow, I will ask the Dr about recovery time and my chances of still going to GOA. My desire to shoot with Campo on the Speed SG side match is only exceeded by my love for some good ole Southern blackberry and peach cobbler. mmmmmmm !

..........Widder

Widder,

Our thoughts and prayers our with you during your procedure and wishing you a quick recovery.

Smokie and Honey

may widder's recovery be as fast as his gunfighter world record

dang tootin-rootin gunfighter

that he is

Madd Mike

http://www.jspublications.net/records/GFWidowmaker1.81.wmv

Been gone also and did not see until now. Widder - ge it 'er dun and back on yer feet! Prayers from here for a speedy and painless procedure.

CR

July 30. Talked to Belva (Mike's wife) and she was in recovery with Mike. He made it through with flying colors. Had 90% blockage in one of the arteries and that's all we know at this time. Bottom line, he made it through. Made no mention of the thumb operation....something about a shortage of hummingbird wings....lol.

KK

July 30. Talked to Belva (Mike's wife) and she was in recovery with Mike. He made it through with flying colors. Had 90% blockage in one of the arteries and that's all we know at this time. Bottom line, he made it through. Made no mention of the thumb operation....something about a shortage of hummingbird wings....lol.

KK

Amen - thanks for the update

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thanks for the update, and I'm so happy all went well. I've had 3 heart caths, and only one went by the book. While there is no open incision over an inch long, it is still an invasive procedure to the heart... I am just so glad all went well...such a relief.

KK

Great to here they took care of our Buddy! Thanks for the update KK

TL

Hang in there Widder!

well, it a good day in Widderland.

procedure went VERY well. Doc actually said I had a 99% blockage in right artery and good I followed up on early warning signs.

Walking 2 miles a day during lunch time with good pard KEYSTONE, probably has strengthened the ole ticker good enough to overcome such blockage at this time.

But here is the bug surprise: he didn't have to go in thru my groin artery. NOPE, he went in thru my right wrist with what appears to be 3 puncture marks and stented the right artery. No groin situation to heal.

BUT, the right wrist has to stay kinda immobile for a few days. Surgery was at around 8:00 and lasted about an hour and half. I was released from 'Sawbones International Hospital at 1:00. Not bad at all.

BUT my right wrist is alittle puffy and SORE!

It is amazing what medical science can do. If any of you are having unusual pains, don't put off your Dr visit.

Looks like Campo ain't gona get a free ride on the Speed SG side match now.......... :lol:

..........Widder

Looks like Campo ain't gona get a free ride on the Speed SG side match now.......... :lol:

..........Widder

Now that's a good attitude Widder..

Glad yer up and around and sounds like home...

Rance <_<

Thinkin' ya done good.

Uhhhhhh...

That wrist is awful close to yer thumb.. :wacko:

Didn't mess with it none did they? :mellow:

HOT DAMN! I take it that you will be showing after all, I mean your not giving the Kid a pass so you must be coming! Sure glad all went well for ya Widder, see you in a couple weeks.

"DOC'.....I had my bionics 'harmonized' while in the hospital and Curly Bill Kelly has my '97 Mach II ready to go.

But, Campo IS one of the best and in my book, probably in the Top 5, coast to coast.

I've shot with him a few times and our styles are completely different. The scenerio will make a big difference.

It will be fun !

..........Widder

Widder

I'm happy things went well. They did the wrist deal on me also.....lastest and greatest.

I know they did the humming bird thumb upgrade ;) but did you also get the T-shirt upgrade

Wyatt

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Hey Widder,

Great to hear the good news about your ole Ticker. We were all pulling (80 of us) for you at Saturday's Ocoee Ranger shoot. Hope to see you soon

Hoss C.

I am truly sorry to miss his excellent company this year! PLEASE give him my best, and know that prayers and best wishes are on the way.

Sincerely,

FJT

Talked to Widder and since they went through the wrist rather than the groin the chances of him being at GOA goes up and he might shoot as well. I will be there, but probably not shooting.

KK

Archived