SASS Wire Forum

A small prayer, please

Prayers up from Texas for you Dad for a great healing and for you and the rest of the family and friends for comfort.

Shake you're Dad's hand for me too, and tell him "Thanks for all you did !

Prayers up from the land of snow and ice.

A small prayer is requested. My Dad has been in the VA hospital since Friday with Afib. They are trying to stabilise him with meds and if that does not work, then a pacemaker. He is 86 and a WWII vet who fought in the South Pacific and is a war hero. And he is my hero.

Hey Bonnie!

Fortunately A-fib is usually pretty benign. Don't fear the pacemaker option. In my experience, the meds are often more undesirable. Wildcat and I will be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

Prayers up for you and your Dad, Bonnie. God Bless.

Thanks to all of you. Pop is now home. His breathing sounds so much better. They are going to keep him on ther meds. You are right Okie, I would have preferred the pacemaker, but the powers that be are going to try the meds. He will need to go in and have a full cardio work up done once a week for the next 4 weeks to track his progress. We have been planning a sage rat hunt for the beginning of May for a while and he is really looking forward to that, so he is looking ahead, which is a great thing. We are not out of the woods just yet, but it is so much better then it was Friday. Thank you my Sass family for you prsayers, i know it made a difference. :)

Prayer, Up!

For a member of The Greatest Generation...

Thanks to all of you. Pop is now home. His breathing sounds so much better. They are going to keep him on ther meds. You are right Okie, I would have preferred the pacemaker, but the powers that be are going to try the meds. He will need to go in and have a full cardio work up done once a week for the next 4 weeks to track his progress. We have been planning a sage rat hunt for the beginning of May for a while and he is really looking forward to that, so he is looking ahead, which is a great thing. We are not out of the woods just yet, but it is so much better then it was Friday. Thank you my Sass family for you prsayers, i know it made a difference. :)

Good news, Bonnie. Wildcat says she sends a cyberhug. :wub:

My wife went through this just before Christmas. She's okay now except for some skin allergies related to one of her meds, but the doc is working on it. Blood tests weekly, EKG at the same time, one cardio conversion last week (the second one she's had), and a ridiculously restrictive diet. We're adapting.

Prayers are on the way for your dad.

Please add my prayers and my sincere thanks. :FlagAm:

Thank your dad for his service .

Prayers on the way Pard !

Prayers for peace and complete healing... Wisdom, skill, and discernment for all of the medical staff... Understanding for all... You and Lefty take care...

Vaya con Dios

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Dad is back in the hospital again.Went in Saturday night. The meds don't seem to be working like they wanted them to. So they are now clearing him to make sure he doesn't have any blood clots. Once they are sure of that, they will try electrical shock to see if they can't get him back to normal. I'll be going up to see him shortly and get an update.

Prayers for him and thanks for his service to our country :FlagAm:

Rye

Thank you very much. Looks like it will be about 10 days before they do the procedure. A couple of small clots were detected. They want to make sure he is clear before he has it. He hanging in there. He is breathing well now and is starting to get annoyed about all the blood tests, but his sense of humor is holding on.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Prayers up for your dad. May the good Lord guide his doctors & a speedy recovery

ENG :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Today's update: They sent Dad home today along with 7 oxgyen tanks (7, really?) a machine that he has named r2d2, (just a cepac machine) a ton of meds, and a daily visit from a nurse. Next step is a total pullmanary workup on the 19th. If he holds steady and the pullmanary test are ok, he will have his procedure on the 20th. He is hanging in there but is showing signs that he is getting tired of it all. He thinks it is overkill, but has promised me that he will continue to follow orders.

Offering prayers for your dad and for you. Thank him for all he has done for this wonderful country.

I have suffered from recurring A-Fib since having a heart attack almost 9 years ago. It took a while for the docs to find the right medication for me, but once it was found I was surprised to realize how bad I had been feeling. Since I was put on the correct med for me, I've had only one episode of A-Fib and that was because I had been put on an extremely low dose of it. We upped the dosage and I've been fine ever since.

OO

Howdy,

Best wishes and a prayer for y'all. My dad, rest his soul, fought with the Marines in the South Pacific. These were brave men and deserve all we can do for them. May God bless y'all.

Vaya con Dios, Keystone

Archived