SASS Wire Forum

String the Baltimore kicker up

Dutch Coroner

Lots of plays (more good than bad) in the AFC Championship game, but I really HATE to see a team lose because the kicker misses a "gimme" field goal. :angry: At least send the game into overtime.

You can't drop that pass in the endzone. :wacko:

Flacco should have run for the first down instead of trying that lousy throw. :rolleyes:

New England....................PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE! :angry:

Lots of plays (more good than bad) in the AFC Championship game, but I really HATE to see a team lose because the kicker misses a "gimme" field goal. :angry: At least send the game into overtime.

no such thin as a gimme...striking out with bases loaded in the 9th, missing a 3 foot put for the win on the last hole....a lotta ifs :)

no such thin as a gimme...striking out with bases loaded in the 9th, missing a 3 foot put for the win on the last hole....a lotta ifs :)

Yeah, I know but gee whiz, 32 yards. Can you say choke?

Yes, the kicker didn't do his job..

or maybe the holder or maybe the center..

He is part of a team who all have their own jobs to do..

In real life sports someone (a team) wins and all others loose.

It's a process of elimination.

There's the next year to look forward to..

didn't really have a dog in that fight but I sure felt sorry for that kicker. The look on Baltimore's face, all of them. :o

Have to agree, the look of disbelief on the all the players faces was undeniable. I felt bad for the kicker, I told the wife he was going to be lonely for awhile and you know he was beating himself up too.

"It's something that will be tough for a little while," Cundiff said. "But I've got two kids; there are some lessons that I need to teach them. First and foremost is to stand up and face the music and move on."

There was Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, watching another Super Bowl chance slip away. Lewis, who said he was "absolutely not retiring," doesn't have many left. No one would have more cause to curse fate — and his kicker — than he.

But no, he had supportive things to say to Cundiff, "which I will do quickly."

"There is no one man who has ever lost a game," Lewis said. "Don't you ever drop your head; we win as a team, we lose as a team. There is no 'Billy is the fault, Billy missed the kick.' It happens. Move on like a man, because life doesn't stop."

Guess I should stop complaining... ;)

Help me out here...Son, fiance and soon-to-be-grandson were over for dinner yesterday, so there were some distractions...

Didn't I see the Raven's kicker come onto the field kind of late and get in a rush, or was it my imagination?

If he did, didn't Baltimore have a time-out left?

If both these are fact, then Harbaugh should have taken the time-out to settle things down, and the miss is as much on him as the kicker...If not, I guess rasslin' & watchin' football don't mix...!

CS

Stop trying to make excuses.

He got to the spot he needed to be. He marched off his starting position.

The ball was snapped. The holder got it down in plenty of time.

Although the laces were on the side, not opposite where the foot hits the ball.

The ball failed to go through the uprights and the

Baltimore Ravens LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get over it!

Get over it!

Wasn't making an excuse, isn't my style! Trying to get the question answered since I didn't see the play clearly...I'm NOT a Ravens fan, don't even care about the AFC, except to know who will play in Superbowl. I WATCHED the NFC game, won't whine about that even though I didn't like the outcome.

CS

I thought it interesting that both games came down to critical mistakes. The kicker missed, the kickoff returner had the ball stripped. It happens, that's what makes sports fun - they are unpredictable. I do feel badly for both of the players invloved, though.

Don't think he got a good tee up but what the hey. I thought the Baltimore receiver had possession in the end zone. But what do I know? <_<

I'm with you. Looked like a catch and then a stripped ball to me. Shoulda been a TD.

Get over it!

Ain't like either team was a favorite of mine!! From the bottom up I suppose my least favorite teams are Oakland, Pittsburg, New England, Indianapolis, and Baltimore, but the bottom three are interchangeable.

I repeat, PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!

I guess I'll go shoot somewhere and hope the Giants beat ol' Beliceck again!! :lol::lol:

From Wikipedia:

..."Cundiff was voted to the 2011 Pro Bowl as the AFC placekicker after successfully completing 26 of 29 field goal attempts and a league-high 40 touchbacks. On January 2, 2011, Cundiff recorded his league-leading 40th touchback, which tied the NFL record set by Mitch Berger."

No one is perfect all the time. Even the top shooters in our game have a train wreck occasionally that costs them the match. That's sports.

On the other hand, there was Lin Elliott who played for my home team, the Kansas City Chiefs, in Jan. 1996 playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts. He missed 3 field goals from 35, 39, and 42 yards. The Chiefs lost 10-7. Talk about heartbreak. I think there's still a bounty on his head in this town...

........ is this another football thread ???? <_<

Hey!! This is a subject of national importance. The fate of the nation could be at stake.

Go throw a roo on the barby or something while we discuss it. :P:lol:

I am not a Raven's fan, and am not looking for excuses...!

Just got the answer to my question...heard Mike Wilbon on Pardon the Interruption, ESPN, ask why the Raven's coach didn't call time out to settle his own kicker, who seemed rushed! I guess maybe a giggling 8-year old hanging upside down from the shoulder didn't distract my attention from the game as much as I was beginning to think...!

CS

The Baltimore Ravens used to be the Cleveland Browns. Art Modell left in the middle of the night to make a deal to move the team. I have no love for the Ravens. I'll watch the SB knowing that the Ravens aren't playin in it.

Go Browns :P

Archived