SASS Wire Forum

may God bless

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Email from Calamity Candy:

I just got a call from Jonny T, and another from Double Scotch saying that Laylow Curly passed away at 8:30 this morning.

Our prayers are with his family. I'll send on any news as I hear more.

Calamity Candy

I am truely sorry to hear this. I know it will hit all you pards out there really hard.

May God rest his soul and we pray for his family and friends.

I heard the news about an hour ago that Ed lost his battle with cancer..........and a battle it was. He knew that our son Matt was career military and would deploy on a regular basis. Most every time I saw Ed and would ask him how he was feeling, he'd say "I'm fine, how's Matt?". That's the kind of cowboy he was......the kind of man he was.

Our prayers go out to Terry and the family. While we are so saddened, we are also thankful for the opportunity to have known him. Vaya Con Dios, my friend.

LLC's is alive and well in all our hearts forever... Loved him and his wife so much... Peppers is a special person.

This is a loss to all who knew him. Ed was my friend and I will treasure all the times I had in his company. His antics brought a smile and a look from Pepper that..........Well you had to be there to appreciate it. My thoughts go out to Pepper and to all Ed's friends who will miss him as much as I.

I talked to Ed a while back and he told me he was comming up to look after me when I came home from surgery. That was Ed. I'll miss you my friend. :FlagAm:

Very bad news. SASS has suffered a great loss. My sincere condolences to his family and many many friends. :(

I never had the chance to meet him, but the love and comments by those who did speak volumes.

I'm reminded of Prentice Ritter in Broken Trail "We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. " Rest in peace LLC

Prayers for his family and friends.

Grizz

In the years I've known him I never heard a mean word, an angry comment, or a complaint from him. He was one of the friendliest people I ever met. Rest in peace, Curly, and may God's hand help sooth Pepper and everyone else who knew him.

Prayers for his family, freinds, and SASS compadres - I enjoyed his posts on the Wire...

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showuser=16062

GG ~ :FlagAm:

sad news, Ed was a good friend, who called me Pa, thats what Ill always think of when I think of him, was his sense of humor

hud (pa)

A truly sad day,for sure we will miss him.

He will always be in our hearts and prayers.

Rest in peace my friend.

Lola & Wily

Bunny & Weasly Dammit

Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lilly was a special event for me. Ed Kerley taught me a lot about love and life and he will keep on doing that even though he sits at God's side now. The courage to make light of a terrible situation goes a long way. We all knew of his tremendous fight with cancer. Still, he had no down side himself and he brought himself out for the entire match just to let us know it was OK to be sick. He waged a grand battle in the same way he fought off bad guys every time he stepped to the line. He left me and I hope many others a legacy of enjoy yourself, getting depressed and getting down will not help at all.

As I had packed up and getting ready to leave the GFBJL for home. We hugged. He said to me as we did " I love you man" and I cried. That is the memory I am keeping until I get on his posse in heaven. The memory of that last hug and our trip to Tombstone. It will be hard to forget he and T Bone being hung to start off the match. Our sides split laughing at the whole thing. Ed liked that, seeing everyone laugh and have a good time.

I love you too man.

God bless him, Terry, his family and all of the pards he has made.

We've lost a fine man and a true pard.

Out thoughts and prayers for his family and all of his many friends.

Uno Mas and Calamity Kris

A fine man and a true inspiration to us all.

Never a thought for himself. He knew that he had our prayers and regards.

May we all ride as well.

Prayers are up from the Clan

Coffee

The first time I met Laylow I had a hard time figuring this guy out. We were in a shooting competition and right in the middle of a stage; he would turn around, tell a joke, and then continue shooting. At the next few shoots, I kept finding myself running into this guy, and thinking, crap, how can I get away from him. As the months went on I guess I just gave up, and succumbed to Ed and his unique ways. Over the years I have learned to love this man, and his friendship. It took me a while to realize that Ed valued his friends most of all.

I value the time we spent playing cowboy and I truly relish the lessons about life he taught me. I am proud and grateful to be one of Ed's chosen friends, and I will always be thankful to him for showing me "The Cowboy Way".

Ride easy good friend. :FlagAm:

Sad news indeed. Lay Low curly became my friend at EOT 07. He and his Terry gave me somewhere to sleep and my first taste of Buffalo. I had been staying in the town but when he heard i was on the early possie shoot off...ered me to stay in his RV. He was in charge of the waddies and was very busy but still took time to help me out. He was rewarded when he won the draw for a sharps rifle, well deserved.

We emailed from time to time and i discovered he had cancer. I told him i had be praying for him and he thanked me and all the orthers who where also praying.

I am sorry to have lost you pard but i am selfish, you have no more pain or sorrow.

Prayers to Terry and family

Happy trails Ed

Archived