SASS Wire Forum

Best Breakfast

Deja Vous

It is so hard to decide.. but I think it would be for me a onion/greenpepper omlet with garlic... and a rare burger patty if you could still eat it rare without getting MCD or something.. lol.. I love flour tortillas with real butter too. Now I am hungry...

It is so hard to decide.. but I think it would be for me a onion/greenpepper omlet with garlic... and a rare burger patty if you could still eat it rare without getting MCD or something.. lol.. I love flour tortillas with real butter too. Now I am hungry...

Is that your order for Breakfast when you arrive at the ranch next Saturday ? Onion/ greenpepper omlet with garlic ? Ok if I make it with a duck egg ? Gurtrude ( the duck ) is such a good provider that I've stopped buying eggs at the store.

Dang it, ya got my mouth waterin' gain !!! :FlagAm:

K. Fryed fresh eggs, just layed. Some bear bacon, or some buffalo side, or country ham...

Some "Red Eye Gravy", and grits ( y'all yankees dont know what's good fer ya, I mean just look what it did fer me !!!)

And some cathead buttermilk biscuits baked in a dutch oven, and of course, coffee !!

Den take some of dem bisciuts, smear on some homemade butter and me-skit honey !!!

So good,....it'll make ya slap ole grandmaw !!!! B):wacko:;)

Willie Wheelgun said that the Joe's special at the Raging River Cafe is.

We had lunch there today.

Willie, thanks for a great day on the river and in the sun?

Snow is still here in the woods.

Dang it, ya got my mouth waterin' gain !!! :rolleyes:

K. Fryed fresh eggs, just layed. Some bear bacon, or some buffalo side, or country ham...

Some "Red Eye Gravy", and grits ( y'all yankees dont know what's good fer ya, I mean just look what it did fer me !!!)

And some cathead buttermilk biscuits baked in a dutch oven, and of course, coffee !!

Den take some of dem bisciuts, smear on some homemade butter and me-skit honey !!!

So good,....it'll make ya slap ole grandmaw !!!! B):D:wub:

Or Sweet Sorghum instead of honey. MMMMMMmmmm :D

Hey Badger, it was a great day. Any day fishing beats anything else. Especially when you have lunch at the Raging River Saloon. It did get up to 33 degrees.

Lets do it again soon.

Willie

HMMMM!! Two southern fried chicken breast filets, a large bone in country ham steak fried in butter with a teaspoon of honey, three fertile eggs over easy fried in the ham drippins with red pepper and garlic, two plate sized pancakes with butter and sourwood or mesquite honey, bacon crispy but not dried out or scorched, hot (spicy) country sausage, half of a large tomato sliced, a bowl of grits with butter and a touch of sugar, and half a dozen large cathead buttermilk biscuits with chicken or sausage gravy. Ice cold milk and a large hot tea, (I'm allergic to coffee). Start eatin at six A.M. an' don't quit 'til nine A.M. and I'll share!! B):D:D:wub:

Then sit back 'til one or two in the afternoon and read the Sunday paper, take a nap, then catch an evening ride on the ol' springer and commune with the maker over a brilliant sunset. :rolleyes:

Now I'll set back a while and then propose another perfect breakfast!! :D:D

Any morning that I can get up and take my beautiful bride to breakfast, and not have to go to the airplane factory - it's a good breakfast.

The best one's include good coffee, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast and blackberry jam, and more coffee.

My needs are simple - I want the best - and that's what I listed . . .

Shadow Catcher

Scrambled eggs & Salsa, Bacon, Biscuits with apple butter and last but not least coffee with a wee nip of whiskey mixed in.

Chili Pepper Kid

Hey SC, Badger and I wandered down the Tolt River scouting it out. Was that your house off in the brush there?

Two eggs sunny side up, Italian toast, and crispy bacon with strong coffee and orange juice. What a way to start the day!

An Irish breakfast for me...... as we say "the full whack."

- Fried eggs

- Irish sausage

- Rashers

- Black pudding

- White pudding

- Homemade soda bread

- Strong tea

Then a nap. Hey, it takes a lot of effort to get through a breakfast like that, and you're going to need your strength for lunch!

Ok,

2 eggs over easy or 2 egg omlet, with 3 kinds of cheese and some salsa.

Fried bacon or scraple

Toast or biscuits or pancakes or waffles

Plenty of butter

Preserves, whatever flavor you want or Molasses

In other words, whatever is bad for you. Maybe a good shot of medical alkyhol if not shooting or driving.

Sha Na Na

Hey SC, Badger and I wandered down the Tolt River scouting it out. Was that your house off in the brush there?

The house is just north of the confluence of the Tolt and the Snoqualmie. They meet at the park, and

then follow the Snoqualmie north for a bit past the park.

We're at 31210 NE 40th, just before you enter the gates to the Tolt River / John McDonald park.

The drive has two red brick square posts with carriage lanterns on them - and a black Mailbox on a post at the

drive with the last name on it. Three tall cedars in the front - they're about 120 feet tall.

Just past the house is a turn to the right (North), a gravel road that leads into our neighbors, and the gate to the

park is also right there - facing west.

Feel free to drop in anytime - I'm home this week, although running around a bit, and back to the salt mines next week . . .

SC

Had this for the first time in a truck-em-up stop just north of Fredricksburg, VA back when I was a young 18 wheeler driver, and it still remains one of my favorites.

Fresh corned beef hash with poached eggs on top, grits, cornbread and a nice tall glass of sweet tea. Guess I know what I'm makin' for breakfast this Saturday... I'll just be substituting hot, black joe for the sweet tea, that's all.

Best is about 15 minutes after sunrise. Trout fresh caught, cleaned, then dredged in seasoned cornmeal and cooked in the grease from thick cut applewood smoked bacon, bacon served on the side, and lots of coffee. Out doors, clear sky, a touch of frost on the ground, and the smell of woods, campfire, coffee and bacon adding spice to the cool, crisp air.

Failing that, I'll go with corned beef hash (with real corned beef, not the canned stuff, and cut in small dice, not ground), sausage, biscuits and sop, coffee, and OJ.

No body sed anything about a campfire cooked breakfast.

That is simple. Open alder wood fire. Half dozen aigs, fried to order, some fresh pok sausage in the other big skillet, and some biscuits from the dutch oven and butter and coffee. Oh yeah, a half dozen taters fried in the sausage fryings.

All cooked next to the river with the sound of running water over rocks and a few song birds to make some music. Sunlight coming over the mountain top.

Two eggs over-easy.

Hashbrowns.

Good bacon.

That will do it.

Maybe pancake or two to finish it off.

Also love good biscuits and gravy.

Problem is finding good gravy. :D

Most places don't put much into there gravy.

Wife has got me spoiled with her sausage gravy. :huh:

Anvil Al, I think we could do breakfast together, that sounds good. Maybe add some buttered toast to push things around and sop up yokes.

My sister in law makes good biscuits and gravy, gotta start with lots of sausage in the gravy, and a good bit of pepper.

...thick sliced hickory smoked bacon fried up in the skillet; eggs scrambled with cheese, onion, garlic, diced 'maters, green peppers, and a dash of pepper; short stack of blue berry pancakes with maple syrup; cat head biscuits, real butter, and honey; fresh orange juice; and coffee.

...won't need lunch or supper with this.

...just finished a baked sweet potatoe..... with butter and cimmanon

A big pile o' Huevos Rancheros, coffee and refried beans followed by sopapillas drizzled with honey!

Here at Cabin de la Grizz, I make heuvos Davos, scrambled eggs, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and whatever else I have laying around all topped with melted cheese, and sometimes some salsa. Good eats!

Is that your order for Breakfast when you arrive at the ranch next Saturday ? Onion/ greenpepper omlet with garlic ? Ok if I make it with a duck egg ? Gurtrude ( the duck ) is such a good provider that I've stopped buying eggs at the store.

Wolfees.. lol... Hold that order.. I will eat before I even arrive... lol... But thanks so much for the offer.. your a nice guy..

Dang it, ya got my mouth waterin' gain !!! :rolleyes:

So good,....it'll make ya slap ole grandmaw !!!! :lol::wub::FlagAm:

Home made anything is so good... I love stuff from scratch with fresh products.. yum.

HMMMM!! Two southern fried chicken breast filets, a large bone in country ham steak fried in butter with a teaspoon of honey, three fertile eggs over easy fried in the ham drippins with red pepper and garlic, two plate sized pancakes with butter and sourwood or mesquite honey, bacon crispy but not dried out or scorched, hot (spicy) country sausage, half of a large tomato sliced, a bowl of grits with butter and a touch of sugar, and half a dozen large cathead buttermilk biscuits with chicken or sausage gravy. Ice cold milk and a large hot tea, (I'm allergic to coffee). Start eatin at six A.M. an' don't quit 'til nine A.M. and I'll share!! :lol::wub::wub::FlagAm:

Then sit back 'til one or two in the afternoon and read the Sunday paper, take a nap, then catch an evening ride on the ol' springer and commune with the maker over a brilliant sunset. :rolleyes:

Now I'll set back a while and then propose another perfect breakfast!! :):)

All that for what the troops?? lol

Tofu and green tea?

Oh, gosh you have the worst taste.. lol

Whut hoppened to Deja Vous . . . . she ain't bin on this thread since her original post . . . :rolleyes:

sorry, work, the board, Jitteyrs, Rat Dogs... man they are all keeping me going and sometimes I forget what I am doing, and go chase my tail in the corner.. lol.. yeah.. busy.. but it looks like it will not be so much after today.. lol I don't want a one of the things to change, but work is changing for now..

Archived