SASS Wire Forum

Best Breakfast

Deja Vous

A cup of coffee and a couple of chocolat covered cake donuts, it don't get any better than that! But then I'm into that kind of health food.

Bugs

Lol.. no Salsa for your donut? lol

Room service, in bed with the missus, watching the sun stream through the window and light up the valley below. I forgot what we ate. It's the little things that mean a lot.

Finalers.. you made me smile... lol.. How sweet!! May you and your mizzes have many room service days.... Deja.

After reading all the posts I have decided I simply can not keep up... lol... I want everything on this thread but it would take me a lifetime to make it all.. lol.. the one thing I would like to add to my breakfast is having someone to post on here about how good it is has to feel really cool to your spouses... so I guess that would be the best part of any meal is having someone to share it with.... even when it is burned? lol... Tonight I burned my steak reading this.. but Rat Dog and I are not upset... we are sharing the best of the meal.. "the faces we make" over the burn parts.. lol

Home made anything is so good... I love stuff from scratch with fresh products.. yum.

Ya know me! All I make is from scratch !!!! :lol:

Now try dis: Take a large cast iron skillet, git it nice and hot.

Add some bear/deer grease and let it melt till it starts to smoke just a bit.

Mix up some buttermilk biscuit dough and POUR IT into da skillet.

Bake it till golden brown and while still warm, smear some homemade butter on it.

THEN.......

Make up some gravy and mix in some fine ground sausage.

Let it brown, stirin' once in a while.

Serve it pipin' hot.

Dats called "Sausage gravy and Whole Cake." :rolleyes:

Dat, dear sister, WILL hold ya till dinner and maybe even suppertime !! :FlagAm:

Ya know me! All I make is from scratch !!!! :lol:

Now try dis: Take a large cast iron skillet, git it nice and hot.

Add some bear/deer grease and let it melt till it starts to smoke just a bit.

Mix up some buttermilk biscuit dough and POUR IT into da skillet.

Bake it till golden brown and while still warm, smear some homemade butter on it.

THEN.......

Make up some gravy and mix in some fine ground sausage.

Let it brown, stirin' once in a while.

Serve it pipin' hot.

Dats called "Sausage gravy and Whole Cake." :rolleyes:

Dat, dear sister, WILL hold ya till dinner and maybe even suppertime !! :FlagAm:

More like for a week... Apaches.. lol

Forty, P.M. me your address and I'll send you some. Folks up where my mom lives make it the old fashioned way. :rolleyes:

They're Menonites and we used to handle the procurement of all of their shipping boxes and jars.

Sounds a lot like the free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express. Biscuit and sausage gravy. Scrambled eggs. Sausage and bacon. They have that cold stuff too for those that like it.

SC, wish we had known you were around. Want to gaze at that Garand you might want to part with.

Sounds a lot like the free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express. Biscuit and sausage gravy. Scrambled eggs. Sausage and bacon. They have that cold stuff too for those that like it.

SC, wish we had known you were around. Want to gaze at that Garand you might want to part with.

We can arrange this - give me a PM later or I'll write to you - let me send you an attachment with facts and data on the M1.

Garand . . . .

SC

Forty, P.M. me your address and I'll send you some. Folks up where my mom lives make it the old fashioned way. B)

They're Menonites and we used to handle the procurement of all of their shipping boxes and jars.

I sent you a PM, Des. Thanks.

I sent you a PM, Des. Thanks.

Hi jacker... rotfl...

Huevos Rancheros! :D

Some of the best in the world are served at the Church St. Cafe in the Old Town section of Albuquerque!

Ya can get them with either red or green Chile..Iffn' ya want both, just order "Christmas"! :(

I always skip there free breakfast when we stay there.

Biscuits cold and hard. The gravy??? See my other post on gravy.

There gravy is nasty. Eggs are rubber.

Now the bacon has been OK. But other than that.

I will go down the road and pay for a better breakfast.

That, or just have a muffin and forget it.

Archived