SASS Wire Forum

If you were a gun...

Deja Vous

If I were a gun I would love to be my Rugers cuz I just think they are so cool looking.. I think they suit me, and I think they are a symbol of the old west. I think I do romance the old days a lot, but there were parts of it worth romancing.. In my crazy little brain I have to seperate today from yesterday.. lol.. Soooo.. now you do too.. lol

So, what kinda gun would you be, and why?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An open top.....

They are simple yet effective,

and have a long reach...

JJJ-D

:P:rolleyes:

I'd probably be an old beat up, well worn side by side shotgun. Rough around the edges but ready to bludgeon any bad guys.

Grizzes i can see that in you I really can.. you would have been a marshal or something like that in the old west days, I just know that!!!

An open top.....

They are simple yet effective,

and have a long reach...

JJJ-D

:P:rolleyes:

Kinda like a 1851 navy? The open tops are cool looing.. A long reach.. hmmm okay.. distance matters.. lol

If I were a gun I would love to be my Rugers cuz I just think they are so cool looking.. I think they suit me, and I think they are a symbol of the old west. I think I do romance the old days a lot, but there were parts of it worth romancing.. In my crazy little brain I have to seperate today from yesterday.. lol.. Soooo.. now you do too.. lol

Forgive me for snickering - I just had a flashback to the sixties and those silly conversations

about "What kind of animal would you be" or "What kind of <fill in the blank> would you be?",

and lost track of the decade . . . .

How about a Colt .45, cavalry model, 7.5" barrel and a six-shooter at that! :P

Others would say a blunderbuss, and they may be right too!

SC

Forgive me for snickering - I just had a flashback to the sixties and those silly conversations

about "What kind of animal would you be" or "What kind of <fill in the blank> would you be?",

and lost track of the decade . . . .

How about a Colt .45, cavalry model, 7.5" barrel and a six-shooter at that! :P

Others would say a blunderbuss, and they may be right too!

SC

Shadows I did not ask you what your favorite color was or you horoscope.. loll.. that would be moma and papas 60s.. lol.. You gotta remember I even know the 50's cuz I have older siblings.. lol.. makes me a era friendly kinda gal.. lol.

Colt 45... calvary... nice choice just cuz you said calvary.. wow what that must have been like.. okay a whole new day dream for me tonight.. lol... blunderbuss.. nope.. not you, I know ya a bit better than that.. lol.. What kind of animal.. did that come from the book animal farm I had to read in Freshman English lit class. ? lol... Would you believe Senior English was the Bible.. lol.. It really was.. lol

Remmy 221 fireball :P

Gun clicks you cheated.. lol. You have to tell me why?? lol

I am a cowboy gun kinda gal.. but I do wish I could shoot that gun.. lol.. Very cool.. loll

Well, I would probably be something a little more modern. I would say something like a Browning Hi-Power. Reliable, capable, respected, but quieter and not as well known as either the 1911 or the more modern flashy ones. At least that is how I see myself. Opinions may vary.

If I had my druthers, (I'd rather) I'd be a 1911 .45 ACP, second choice I'd be a Colt SA .45 Colt, 4 3/4 inch barrel.

In my not so humble opinion the 1911 was and is the best handgun made! I carried a 1911 in the military and fell in love with it.

I know Deja its not western but my second choice is..... Does that get me a few points? :FlagAm:

Tascosa

Your Pocket Pistol!!!! Need I Explain Why?

...if I were a gun, I'd be a Ruger #1 Tropical 450/400 Nitro Express.

Oh, and I *MUST* say it:

Cavalry (NO "L" before the "V") traditionally refers to horse-mounted Soldiers. On the modern day battlefield we still have cavalry and their mission remains the same. Now instead of riding horses they ride M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles or uparmored HMMWVs, depending on the unit type.

Calvary ("L" before the "V") is the place where Jesus was crucified (Golgotha in Greek, Calvary in English).

You have touched on one of my BIGGEST pet peeves, having once been a Cavalry trooper. Don't even get me started on the difference between Ordnance and Ordinance.

If I had my druthers, (I'd rather) I'd be a 1911 .45 ACP, second choice I'd be a Colt SA .45 Colt, 4 3/4 inch barrel.

In my not so humble opinion the 1911 was and is the best handgun made! I carried a 1911 in the military and fell in love with it.

I know Deja its not western but my second choice is..... Does that get me a few points? :FlagAm:

Tascosa

You don't need points Taxcosas.. you know I love cowboys.. lol... Just CUZ!! lol.. So hows the ranch manager, is she making a list for Christmas? lol

Oh, and I *MUST* say it:

Cavalry (NO "L" before the "V") traditionally refers to horse-mounted Soldiers. On the modern day battlefield we still have cavalry and their mission remains the same. Now instead of riding horses they ride M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles or uparmored HMMWVs, depending on the unit type.

Calvary ("L" before the "V") is the place where Jesus was crucified (Golgotha in Greek, Calvary in English).

You have touched on one of my BIGGEST pet peeves, having once been a Cavalry trooper. Don't even get me started on the difference between Ordnance and Ordinance.

Oh, gosh your on a roll.. lol.. Go ahead, don't stop now.. lol...

Your Pocket Pistol!!!! Need I Explain Why?

And yeah why?

Walker Colt, loaded with a conical and 60 grs of FFg. Purple grips of course.

Grizzes i can see that in you I really can.. you would have been a marshal or something like that in the old west days, I just know that!!!

More of a Festus type I think, grumpy, dirty, and not always welcomed in polite company :FlagAm:

M65 280mm cannon. One shot would solve most problems. To paraphrase an old expression "Artillery lends dignity to what otherwise would just be an ugly brawl."

Problem is, it requires a crew. If alone, I'd be a streetsweeper. Quickly puts an end to most close-range problems.

Although off point, just remember there is virtually no human problem that cannot be solved by the judicious application of the requisite amount of high explosives.

There's no second place winner in a street fight.

All right Deja, I'll play.

I would be a glock model 22, 40 SW

Kinda chunky, not a lot of flash or style but

dependable, capable of solving most problems with one shot and always ready to go BANG! :wacko:

Have a great day!

:rolleyes:

Gateway Kid

A smokin' pistola with a red hot barrel.........

It's OK, it's a fantasy sport........

I would WANT to be a pot metal chrome plated capgun carried by my late brother whe he was a red-haired, freckled face booger picking 8 year old. I'd be used for shooting Injuns and outlaws in the woods outside Thibodeaux, Louisana in the late 1950s while my little brother tagged along.

Archived