SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Warden Callaway

Ammo bags

When we started CAS, Sawmill Mary bought a couple dozen drawstring cotton sacks at a very reasonable price from some place in Colorado. She's tried to find the company again but has failed. Probably people buying bags made in China forced them out of business.
  3. Campers are getting settled in. Vendors are getting set up. I saw quite a few other folks I recognized out and about. We're about to have a cowboy shoot!
  4. Pourin bad luck on me. Got the water leak fixed and now the windshield on the Subaru took a rock on the highway. Nice 10” crack. At least the auto glass guy has one in stock. Already replaced one windshield last September. Arrrhggh.
  5. Truer words never spoken. Elk for me is a pretty close second, behind ivory on my colts
  6. Looking for a pair of Ruger 32-20 cylinders, or a pair of Ruger single six in 32-20. Thanks.
  7. I get DQ Kid, but what's the hidden meaning in TN Williams?
  8. My deepest condolences,I feel your pain.
  9. not to be a language teacher here but Texas has gone to LTC (licence to carry). Now if you're stupid enough (my thoughts here) you can open carry and be the first one shot
  10. I sold one kimber because it jammed once it got dirty, have another one and it does better and is accurate but not thrilled with it like other brands. Miss the Springfield that was my first 1911. It was great. Sold it as had to keep it in the armory so sold it. Miss it.
  11. PG&E will be shutting off the power. Gonna listen to Game 2 on the radio.
  12. I run ALL BRASS 12Ga in 5 different Hammer Doubles. I have never had to resize any of my hulls. Run the same in all five guns. I do NOT recommend a roll crimp at the mouth. Makes em hard to reload and is of no real benefit unless you're trying to run them in a '97. I must admit though, running Hammer Doubles and Brass hulls is NOT the Yellow Brick Road to .... speed. Speed is not a issue. Looking Good whilst playing the game is the issue
  13. Ceiling Fan Chain Pulls is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea!!!!
  14. There is little or no difference in HARDNESS in like (ie: small pistol) from brand to brand. There difference is in the compound placed in the cup after the cup is made. Federal uses a very sensitive compound. When choosing small pistol primers, there is no difference in small pistol and small pistol match primers. The match primers go through one more step in quality control. And many times, the match primers are cheaper than the standard small pistol primers.
  15. Today
  16. Makes more sense than it being called a "deer stand" anyway...How would a deer get up to such a thing? CS
  17. Uberti Schofields also come in 3 1/2", though that may be only 45 Colt. If you want to shoot 45 Schofield rounds in it, those will likely be even more expensive than 45 Colt if you buy the ammo. Uberti made the Schofield in 45 Colt only for a long time. Back when Navy Arms was the exclusive importer, shooters were clamoring for it to come in .38 Spcl. It took several years, and then when they were finally available in .38... a lot of them ended up sitting on shelves for a long time. Go figure. Available in 44-40 as well, BTW.
  18. I do similar, but I use little velvet drawstring bags.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.