SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Congrats! The Duke would be proud.
  3. Thank Yul! I thought it might be a fun way to meet new pards. If you are going to EOT Good luck and shoot well.
  4. To all at the fire -- I haven't taken possession yet and I don't have photos -- but I grew up listening to the Duke call for his "Greeners" in Big Jake, and I finally have one. I have a treble-wedge Facile Princeps, just purchased from Gunbroker. This one has been messed with a lot (someone set a British coin into the left side of the buttstock, for openers). The right-hand barrel has a "ding" in it, and the barrels are twist -- but I OWN A GREENER. Now, if that ding is really bad, I may have it sleeved to 16 (it's a 12), and use smokeless. If the ding is just a ding, I'll roll my own BP shells. I'm going to shoot at least one match equipped with an original 1892 Winchester, two actual Colt (non-Clone) Peacemakers, and a Greener shotgun. I don't mean to brag -- but this makes me want to shout YEE-HAW!!!
  5. And now this???? https://www.dcourier.com/news/2019/apr/23/turkey-runs-amok-prescott-valley-streets/ What's going on in PV?
  6. Yeah, I’ll find a model I like and run some searches on YouTubevand elsewhere.
  7. Some assumptions are being made in this discussion regarding the T/O failing to explain why procedurals were assessed re the OP. What is lacking is additional information regarding what those procedurals were for, and why/how the spotters missed them.
  8. To loosen pedal hardware, when you put the wrench on the pedal shaft or nut turn it in the direction that would make the rear tire spin backwards.
  9. The rule is clear. When a TO sees a p it should be called. Even if the spotters don't agree
  10. If you are standing behind my Right Shoulder you are often NOT in a good position to see anything ,,,,,,, SMOKE ,,,, you need to back off a step or two and bob and move like I am to see anything .... And even at that I believe properly placed spotters that are paying attention have at least as good a chance of making the call as TO ... You do not need the timer up in my face to pick-up my shots !!! I have long ago lost count of the times the timer has bumped me or come into my line of sight .... This is distracting, and is NOT needed ... On a quiet Range the timer will pick-up the sound of my Rifle from 80 yards away .... I have on more than a few stages had to fire my last shots from my knees to see through the Smoke .... My .45 Colt loads contain 37.7 gr. of Goex 3f ,,, and Shotshells are stoked with more of the same ... Jabez Cowboy
  11. I have two barrels that just sit around with nothing to do so I thought I'd put them out for others to use. 1) 14" Armoloy bull barrel in 22lr. No sights but comes with scope mount and black composite forend only. Very good condition with typical wear marks around hinge area. The barrel was sent back to T/C to open the hole for the hinge pin to standard size. $200 Shipped CUS.  2) 8" octagonal in 44 mag, ported and threaded for hot shot choke. This one has the snap in forend. Good condition with some light flecking around the right side of the front sight. Typical wear marks around hinge area. $200 shipped CUS.  Both barrels have bright shinny bores and are very accurate.  First I'll take it posted on the wire gets preference.
  12. There is a Lewisville Powersports as well. There are also many places on Harry Hines selling the Chinese stuff. I would suggest that you do your due diligence before purchasing one of them. When these first became popular several years ago their Achilles Heal was the electrical system. They would simply stop running and you would have some major expense to recover them. They may have worked past this in later years.
  13. Anyone can take it. Starts at 10am Thursday morning. It would be good to message or email Copperhead Joe and let him know you're interested, but probably not required. See you there!
  14. You can still own firearms but the state must give you permission to enjoy what the Bill of Rights already covers? Is that correct? Now the state knows exactly who owns firearms and will know exactly where to come to confiscate them when they decide to do so? Is that about right? When criminals go to the police station to apply for their firearms owner card… never mind…
  15. So if your TO is doing his job per the rule book he should be replaced? Wow just wow
  16. Okay, if I didn't know what the surprise was, I'd be thinking that you failed to capitalize the s in surprise and everyone was going to have the munchies. . .which would be fitting considering what the surprise is. Just and FYI for you, I'd be happy to tote off any unclaimed surprises. I'm looking forward to checking out the most recent crop. LOL Get ready for FIRE!
  17. New guy question, but can anyone attend the RO class? If so, do we need to sign up somewhere?
  18. CRS set in early with me. I typed up a check list a bazillion years ago. A copy resides in the ammo box of my guncart. Every time I get ready for a match, the list comes out. I don't have check boxes, I just go down the list as I get everything ready. The list is pretty old, and some of the items are no longer needed, but I keep the list anyway. I can still mentally eliminate the stuff I don't need. Works for me.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.