SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How about a walk off? It’s past my bed time!!
  3. Bad Grandpa with Johnny Knoxville is sorta like it but much raunchier.
  4. Support Your Local Sheriff is pretty good too.
  5. I haven't been able to shoot SASS for over a year due to arthritis complications. A few months ago I thought maybe I could now handle those pistols so I pulled the lightest ones I have out of safe, the open tops. Sure enough if I went slow it was doable. But then when I tried cycling some dummy rounds through the '73 the pain in my fingers and hand was too much. Guess I need some easier operating lever if I am going to get back into the game.
  6. Y'know, I agree with the fer sure.
  7. The SASS Wild Bunch Forum has a reloading section, lotsa good stuffe.
  8. Today
  9. And, case gauge every round that you load for him. It's easy to leave a sliver of lead bulge at the case mouth, and that will quite often cause the round to fail to feed well. GJ
  10. For your brother's needs - a round nose "ball" bullet, 230 grains - many different makers make something very close to the FMJ from military and factories. The Magma mold 230 grain round nose is quite good. A poly coated bullet is excellent in the 1911, because the 1911 gets fouled quickly using conventional lubed lead slugs. Make sure you seat the bullet so that none of the straight section of the lower part of bullet sticks out of case above the mouth - at very most, only 0.10" above the case mouth. If you leave the "full bore diameter" of the bullet exposed above the mouth, it jams while feeding with the slide refusing to close the last 1/8". Test in his gun that you have the seating depth right before you load a big batch! The 1911 has a very short throat in the barrel, so bullet seating depth is pretty critical. About 4.3 or 4.4 grains of WST (Winchester Super Target) will have him making power factor while using the most common Wild Bunch pistol powder. Muzzle velocity must be checked with a chronograph before they test his ammo at some future match and disqualify him! Good luck, GJ
  11. Use a RN lead with about 5.6gn of WW231 powder. OLG
  12. I have three Browning trail camera's.
  13. I am shooting a wild bunch match with my brother in Nov and told him I would load the ammo. What cast bullet is being used in the 230gr weight. He is using a stock Colt 1911 Model 70 that likes hard ball best. I would like to stay as close to what it likes as I can. Black powder .44-40 I know but this new smokeless powder and 1911's are strange to me.
  14. I'm completely normal. I still have my unmatched good looks, wit, charisma, wisdom, and humility.
  15. would have loved to be there instead of .......................here
  16. I have an American. Very well made.
  17. Just move along folks. The coroner will determine the disposition of the bodies.
  18. ask here - good folks in that era and area of collecting - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/britishmilitariaforums/index.php
  19. Actually I like all these songs....and Country Roads has been in my head since yesterday.
  20. American Derringer. Had one in .45 amp. Have one in .45. Solid.
  21. other than bond, is there another large derringer maker? i seem to remember one back in the 90s or so but cant remember who made it...
  22. Thanks Dutch Nichols, changed it in the listing to reflect shipping for one box, rather than two.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.