SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Done, called my agency a "citizen" & title "resident" ?!?
  3. Thought this was interesting....https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/hank-williams-jr-grandpa-shotgun-alabama
  4. If I recall right, the terms were casually interchanged, but the “detonator” was actually the device which controlled energy to the “blasting cap”. Somebody might have clearer memory than me.
  5. I guess this is what confuses me, because that is the exact wording used in this rule (P 17-18). I understand that it is the live round in the chamber regardless of lever position that rules a SDQ. If it said "live round in the chamber" it would make more sense. Long guns will be emptied and discarded with their barrels pointed safely downrange. This condition may be corrected on the clock, prior to the next round being fired. If the long gun is not discarded empty prior to the next firearm being fired, only the shooter may return to open and/or clear the firearm at the end of the stage under the observation of the CRO/TO. Should an empty casing/hull be ejected or found in the action or chamber, or a live round on the carrier of an open action, a Minor Safety Violation (MSV) will be assessed. However, if the action is opened and a live/unfired round is ejected, a Stage DQ (SDQ) will be assessed for a long gun with a “live round under a cocked hammer having left the shooter’s hands”. In this case, there is no opportunity to correct this condition before firing the next firearm, as the penalty takes effect upon leaving the shooter’s hands.
  6. Is a detonator the same as or more than a blasting cap?
  7. Slick, I have a set of consecutively numbered, SASS Ruger Vaqueros, .357, Stainless, 5 1/2" barrels. No work done on these. Like new, only around 100 rounds thru each. My wife decided she didn't want to shoot after I bought these. (Pictures to follow) $1200.00, plus shipping.
  8. I'll pass on oatmeal pudding, when donuts are available.
  9. Yep, sits a horse like it was a natural thing to be a'doin'. You an always tell a cowboy by the way he acts around a horse.
  10. After living in the Peoples Republik of Kaleeforneeyah for the last 53 years, I know full well that any use of a firearm against an intruder will be a total life changing event. The State or the perp's family will destroy you with lawsuits and criminal charges. It will take everything you own, just to defend yourself. Knowing this, a split second decision is required to decide between financial ruin or being dead. Sometimes, it is hard to know which is worse. I want out of this God-forsaken 3rd world hell, but cannot (so far) find a place to go. The wife wants NV.. I just want OUT.
  11. I first met Judge many years ago in the early years of Possum Trot. In a sport full of great people, he was one of the best. He will be missed.
  12. Great catch. I'll update to reflect " .40 to .45 rimmed and .36 to .45 cap and ball" Thanks!
  13. In for a penny, in for a pound Grizz..........might as well get a fist of whisky!
  14. As we creep closer and closer to the match date here, was wondering if any local cowboys or cowgirls could provide some of us out-of-towners with some good local food places. I can Google touristy places but what are the BEST local joints in and around Cheyenne? Thanks!
  15. There is an exception for 56-60 in a rifle
  16. Today
  17. Everybody but Americans call it the Seven Years war. I never new that until I talking to an SAS officer one time.
  18. At the Michigan State match each year they have a fun evening of "shotgun games" on the trap range. One year I picked up "my" 30" 97 from the rack only to notice it wasn't my gun. About half of us were shooting 97's. I started looking around and spotted another shooter with what I was sure was my shotgun. He initially assured me that it was his gun but, upon closer inspection, admitted he had the wrong gun. The problem would have been on his trip home. He was from Canada and apparently he would have had a problem at the border trying to reenter Canada with a different serial numbered gun than the one he had brought into the states. Apparently, it's easier for Canadians to bring their guns into the U.S. than to take them back to Canada.
  19. Nope, TTN/Cimarron => Lindsey Vonn Fast, fast, rugged, fearless, strong. Good luck, GJ
  20. Great Matrix!!! Many thanks Some more detail: Now it looks like one could shoot REALLY BIG BORES in classic cowboy/girl, as it only states: " .40 or larger rimmed, .36 or larger cap and ball " But of course, the overall upper caliber limit for SAS main matches is .45 (SHB p.37/39) Equanimous
  21. BMC, Haven't heard from you in a while. I always enjoy your posts, and your commentary on others. Hope you're well, and things are good out in Pacific NW.
  22. Noz

wrong rifle!

and pre drill the holes. Abeline beat me.
  23. I don't watch it! I checked what was going on when the Indians game went to a commercial! I'd like to see him lose already, like I said before it's like watching baseball games and they're blowouts every single night. I have nothing against this guy I just can't get excited about it! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.