SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I know when you buy a Ruger 357 Vaquero you have a sight up front.....a really tall sight that will have a pretty close POI with a 357 mag load. If you use it for cowboy 38's of 800 fps you need to file it down quiet a bit so that's what's happening if you exaggerate it. I know one of the faster pistols shooter's around here uses a LOT of power and a 125 because of what Doc said.
  3. The final outcome was less representative of the competition level than you'd think! The other player, I thought, was a little timid with his Final Jeopardy wager and that produced a larger final score difference. The guy was good!! He actually caught two of the Daily Doubles and led for a good portion of the game. That's twice now that the game has been in doubt going into Final Jeopardy. James is now less than $10,000.00 from the two million dollar mark!!!
  4. Just curious why people are checking 50 yards...…..let alone 100? 99.8% of the targets you shoot will be 25 or less. Most like 7 -15. A rifle can't have a good POI at both.....so it seems like you would want to set er' up for where you use it most. I have never seen a target over 25 in the last 15 years.....unless it's a side match.
  5. Billy I purchased 3 cases of the Fed SP Mag primers. I entered my submission online. I never removed the individual boxes of 1000 from the case boxes. My entry included(as per the submission form instructions) uploading an image of the shipping invoice/receipt, one photo of the top of the cases, one photo of the bottom of the cases and one photo of the side of the cases(all three boxes showing in each photo). I received the same Submission Received message(like Yusta B.) via email immediately following said submission on 5/11/19. This morning I received the following email from Vista Outdoors: Your rebate is approved! Vista Outdoor <sendmail@apmailer.com> Thu, May 23, 11:29 AM (18 hours ago) Dear David Sullard, Thank you for your submission in the Handload & Save Program. Your submission has been successfully processed and your submission id is ORD-3VEYZACDSVH7. Please allow approximately eight (8) weeks for your reward to be received. You may track your submission by using the Status Lookup tool found here: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Home/Lookup Thank you, The Vista Outdoor Team Can't speak to the process if you use snail mail as I submitted mine online. There is the 1-800-998-8758, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT phone number that may be of assistance. Good luck, mine was easy-peasy. Oh, by the way, you'll notice I included an unredacted version of the email.....wouldn't want to be anything but fully transparent!
  6. Nope, first I ever heard of it. If time allows, I may watch.
  7. Thanks for the confirmation. I've wanted a Bond for a while. This will probably clinch it.
  8. Today
  9. Two impossible to find Ruger Montado hammers. They are a drop in part for Vaqueros and New Vaqueros. $199 shipped.
  10. Shoot the other revolver till empty and holster, then you have two hands to deal with the issue.
  11. https://www.montanabulletworks.com/shop/?filter_caliber=3220 OLG
  12. I read something one time that you want a certain side of the two briskets. The reasoning went that whenever the cows stood up that 90% of the time they stand up with one leg/side first and that side was supposed to be tougher from all the use.
  13. I’ve got a new in box Valkyrie commander 45 AOC for a nice price if interested. I have the same in 9mm and love it, great guns.
  14. I tried some 125s gr at 2.9 of clays and compared them to my 105tc with 2.9 grains of clays and I have to admit the 125 felt better and I shot better. I will try 2.4 grains of clay's with the 125 and 3.1 grains of clays with the 100 grain and see how it feels. They should have similiar power factors. There are some very top shooters shooting 125's. We will see if the hits are easier to hear. I did a comparison test with Ray Heartless. He was using 125s and I was using 105s. I really enjoyed his load and thought the sound was more noticeable. Thanks Doc
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.