SASS Wire Forum

I think I found the problem.

Financial Times has found out about the European arms manufacturers’ concerns regarding their dependency on Chinese cotton used in gunpowder propellants. Possible supply constraints threaten the ability to expand production to support Ukraine in the war.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think I found the problem.

Financial Times has found out about the European arms manufacturers’ concerns regarding their dependency on Chinese cotton used in gunpowder propellants. Possible supply constraints threaten the ability to expand production to support Ukraine in the war.

Bingo.

Maybe black powder will come back in style in a big way.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cemetery said:

Bingo.

Maybe black powder will come back in style in a big way.

Black powder is at risk of shortages too.  According to this WSJ article each 155 mm artillery shell uses 1/2 oz of black powder.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971
  • Like 1

I walked into my LGS at lunch time today and they had an 8lb jug of Bullseye sitting on the shelf, so I took home with me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

I walked into my LGS at lunch time today and they had an 8lb jug of Bullseye sitting on the shelf, so I took home with me. 

Did you have to take out a mortgage?

17 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Golly Abilene I did not know you were organized.

Only that closet. :)  I'm in the slow process of moving permanently to my mom's house.  Everything else is still chaos.

44 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Only that closet. :)  I'm in the slow process of moving permanently to my mom's house.  Everything else is still chaos.

I see u have your priorities in order. 

• Like 2

Bought 100 lbs of Goex in 2021 when they had their last explosion, and decided to call it quits.  At my current rate of participation, this should last me until I'm as old as Noah. For those wondering, Noah lived to be 950 years old.  I don't shoot much anymore......LOL

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, T-Square said:

Bought 100 lbs of Goex in 2021 when they had their last explosion, and decided to call it quits.  At my current rate of participation, this should last me until I'm as old as Noah. For those wondering, Noah lived to be 950 years old.  I don't shoot much anymore......LOL

If your house turns into a smoking hole, I'll tell them it was the 100 lbs of black powder and not a meth lab.  That should at least salvage your reputation.  

• Haha 8

I haven't reloaded anything in about two years. I mostly use Universal in my .44-40's, and have a few pounds left, which at 8.0 gr. per round would last me for quite a while. BUT, I now have arthritis in my right thumb and right shoulder...mild so far, BUT don't know if I will be able to shoot duelist with my right hand for some time, if ever again! I probably won't be able to shoot anymore high-power rifle or 12 gage shotgun, so it may be time to "thin the herd"! :( :(:(