SASS Wire Forum

Do you do a double take on this line? I do

So. if is illegal, and criminals are doing it anyway, if you pass another law, they will now behave. How is that working for you with guns, drugs, violence, etc?

Imis

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hmm. What of the possibility it’s about stopping unlawful behavior?

* ’increase enforcement’ — no more warnings, and allow for expired or counterfeit tag to be allowed as a primary cause for a stop, versus treated as an included/secondary offense. 

* ‘change laws’ — increase penalties, eliminate any vagueness or loopholes. 

Good on ‘em. I pay for my plates and registration — not too sympathetic for people who think they can get away with not doing so. 

• Like 3

A few months ago I started a thread. Some people moved in down the street, and they were there for 3 months before they got a license plate on their car. Moved in from out of state. Not driving with the out-of-state plate - no license plate at all. Drove that car to work everyday. No license plate.

A guy a couple of blocks over, his tail lights were out. And he knew his tail lights were out because I recognized the truck, and walked over one afternoon while walking the dog and told him. I didn't want to get rear-ended. And he continued to drive with no tail lights for another three or four months.

I questioned why the police did not ticket these people for driving with no license plate or with no tail lights, and the general consensus of the people here was that the police had more important things to do than write tickets for not having a license plate.

So now they're going to write tickets for not having a license plate?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Officials are moving to increase enforcement and change laws in response to the rise in counterfeit or expired plates, which exploded during the pandemic.

They must be moving to Pinellas County, Florida as the Sheriff's Dept. does enforce existing laws. Many of the PSO and local law enforcement have plate readers on their vehicles. These plate readers provide A LOT more information than just expired tags...A LOT more.

I would like to see the exploding plates though. Do they actually explode or just catch on fire like Tesla's. Good thing that fuel fillers aren't behind the license plates still.

• Haha 1

Many places it is fruitless for LEO to enforce ANY laws, as perps are simply released.  If they toughen up, I sure would prefer it on the criminal end of things.  By comparison, I don't give a rats about license plates.

seems to me most laws are passed to impose penalty on those that try to be law abiding - the criminals dont care and ignore them , 

• Like 2

Der…Duh…I missed the “exploding” plate thing in Marshal’s post and was wondering why y’all were joking about it. :huh: :lol:

In CA-CA the new status symbol is the digital plate. It’s literally an LED screen as a license plate. The plate can display messages to police and others like “EXPIRED” if registration isn’t paid or “STOLEN” if the car is stolen and reported. Apparently the Ministry of People’s Movement has control over these plates. They can also track you via GPS.

I asked one smarmy Tesla driving member of the CA collective about his plate and he went into a brainwashed litany of how great they are. I stopped him and asked him if he realized that since it has GPS the CHP could feasibly at some point start handing out speeding tickets due to his shiny new watchdog on the a** end of his car.

Brainwashed litany OVER. 

I love it when I can brighten a CA-CA citizen’s day and show them how inept and gullible they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You don't as long as you don't drive it on public roads.  Keep it on your own property and you don't need plates. 

Maybe in your state.

Code enforcement sent me a letter. They were going to have a truck come and tollwayTOW AWAY the abandoned vehicle. What abandoned vehicle?

My Bronco. It did not have a current plate. It was not insured. Therefore it was abandoned.

I told them that it belonged to me, and it was parked on my property, so how could it be abandoned, and it was not being driven on the street so it did not need a plate or insurance.

They told me it must be tagged and insured or it is considered abandoned and they will come and get it.

Edited by Alpo

Same as seat belt "laws"  Now I agree they help got it not arguing that . But having a law that says what you have to do in your property is well BS. 
 Yes I also know that it was all a Extortion of Federal gov over states the receive federal money for roads .

Big Push here by LEO to enforce that Seat belt "Law" lately again, but we have zero helmet laws LOL why because all for the all mighty dollar not about safety its about money