SASS Wire Forum

How about some urban renewal?

Instead of giving Iran $6 billion dollars for release of some hostages, we should contribute to major urban renewal. IMHO, that country needs some major land clearance. We should clear away those polluting oil refineries, and perhaps turn downtown Tehran into A TRINITITE PARKING LOT! Then turn around and go after the Houthis with as much ordnance as is available! :angry::angry::angry:

To those three troops KIA by an Iranian-backed drone, RIP!  Speedy healing to those WIA by this cowardly attack!

|

|:FlagAm:

|

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Guarantee you Presidents Jefferson, Jackson, Grant, TR Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush, and maybe even Obama, and Trump would be killing these SOB's really fast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Instead of giving Iran $6 billion dollars for release of some hostages, we should contribute to major urban renewal. IMHO, that country needs some major land clearance. We should clear away those polluting oil refineries, and perhaps turn downtown Tehran into A TRINITITE PARKING LOT! Then turn around and go after the Houthis with as much ordnance as is available! :angry::angry::angry:

To those three troops KIA by an Iranian-backed drone, RIP!  Speedy healing to those WIA by this cowardly attack!

|

|

im in agreement - this went on too long and now its arrived where most of us knew it would if we kept ignoring it , 

Yes, lets kill hundreds of thousands to millions of people who have no control over what their government does.   :angry:

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

Yes, lets kill hundreds of thousands to millions of people who have no control over what their government does.   :angry:

They might not control it, but every time they're asked about it they support  the destruction of The Great Satan, (that's us in case you didn't know).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

They might not control it, but every time they're asked about it they support  the destruction of The Great Satan, (that's us in case you didn't know).

That still doesn't justify killing hundreds of thousands to millions of people

8 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

They want US dead, so why not?

Trying to justify genocide?

I can't see nuking Iran at this point, landing a few GBU 43B's in known safe havens for these a******s in whatever country provides sanctuary for them would be appropriate IMO.

Once one nuke flies, another follows...and so on.

29 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Trying to justify genocide?

If they had the opportunity, they would kill us without a second thought. If they had the means and thought that they could get away with it they absolutely would strike us here at home. They still might if/when they see that we won't hit them back.

A more strategic hit might make more sense for now. Show the rest of them what we can do if provoked and maybe they'll behave, for a while anyway. Let's see what they do next, hmmm?

Remember, Han shot first.  

And who knows how many of them are "home" here now and voting thanks to our open door policy. The land of the free if ya jump the border. Not so free for actual citizens that have to pay for them.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If they had the opportunity, they would kill us without a second thought. If they had the means and thought that they could get away with it they absolutely would strike us here at home. They still might if/when they see that we won't hit them back.

A more strategic hit might make more sense for now. Show the rest of them what we can do if provoked and maybe they'll behave, for a while anyway. Let's see what they do next, hmmm?

Remember, Han shot first.  

Nothing justifies genocide

Another thing to consider: Iran just launched, apparently successfully, some satellites orbiting the Earth. Now that means they have  the capability to launch an ICBM, but doesn't indicate whether they have solved the reentry problem...yet! (In point of fact, when Sputnik I was launched, it was assumed they had ICBM capability. As it turned out, after the Soviet Union went down, Korolov had NOT solved the reentry problem, but convinced Nikita Khrushev to allow him to orbit the satellite so as to scare the U.S., which it did...at least until we had solved the reentry problem and had ICBM's of our own,.)  If Iran is allowed to develop a nuke, they have the capability of reaching Israel with what they have!  I guarranty what would happen then. :o

I am not seriously advocating nuking Iran, but if we could locate their leaders, perhaps using bunkerbuster bombs on them and on their nuclear development facilities, it might enable the general Iranian population to stage a coup and bring back some form of democracy. Regardless, Biden and company MUST do something significant and soon, or we will have more casualties caused by Iran-backed agents! The WH spokespersons keep saying we don't want a war with Iran, but I wonder what would happen if Congress declared war on Iran (presuming that body could agree on anything...they can't even agree on a budget). 

In the meantime, the death toll on U.S. forces is five, not 3. Don't forget the 2 U.S. Navy Seals!

RIP

|

|

• Like 1

"...meantime, the death toll on U.S. forces is five, not 3. Don't forget the 2 U.S. Navy Seals!,,,,,,"

RIP

i dont believe any of us want anything to do with genocide - that term is getting thrown around way too easily , put it back in your pocket and remember that the cases of genocide that have occurred were not by the isrealis or us or our allies , WE all know what that really is and your use of the term is out of line here , 

NO NUKES , but we need to make a devinite statement of fact here , that said - im not interested in killing iranians in retaliation for their government and proxies murderous acts , im interested in killing those that directed this and those that perpetrated it , i also believe we need to hit iran where it hurts , probably take out their nuke facilities , - if you kill off their government so be it and the iranians will be better off with a new government ...or they will have the chance to be , 

Someone suggested we hit Kharg Island HARD, maybe wipe it clean. Why Kharg Island? Because that is where all their petroleum exports are sent to be taken by tanker. There are also other economic things that go through there., It would cripple their economy, and the "collateral damage" (personnel that work there) would be limited.  It would be nice if the top dawgs at DOD and above were not standing/sitting around with their thumbs inserted while they figure out what to do that "won't start a wider war"! :angry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chantry said:

Nothing justifies genocide

Fighting back effectively is not genocide, even if a response is 'bigger' than the provocation.   We have actual examples of genocides. Please check your definitions.

Btw I would also not use nukes. I would guess that was hyperbole from Trailrider.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Moses said:

Fighting back effectively is not genocide, even if a response is 'bigger' than the provocation.   We have actual examples of genocides. Please check your definitions.

Btw I would also not use nukes. I would guess that was hyperbole from Trailrider.

I hope it was.   I'm not sure what else you would call killing hundreds of thousands to millions of people with nukes.  Mass murder seems to be inadequate.

And I have no problem fighting back effectively and with a bigger response.  I do have a problem with killing large numbers of non-combatants

Yeah, a thermonuclear hyperbole is worse than anything! Or as we used to say, back in the day, "Nuke the whales!";) But seriously, folks, we need to do something significant besides saying, "Don't."  We've got enough Tomahawk cruise missiles and drones to take out Kharg Island's facilities. Also, as one representative suggested, there are some Iranian combat ships that would make a nice oil slick. Though I think they could be made to serve as some new fish habitat reefs!  Regardless, a significant response is needed to let Iran and the rest of our potential adversaries that we will not sit by with umbrellas like that guy who proclaimed, "Peace in our time!" back in the 1930's!  

On 1/29/2024 at 5:33 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

it might enable the general Iranian population to stage a coup and bring back some form of democracy.

|

That’s what was hoped for in Iraq by getting rid of Saddam. And Libya isn’t doing any better without Kadafi. All we can do is make these regimes pay a hefty price for their behavior. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That’s what was hoped for in Iraq by getting rid of Saddam. And Libya isn’t doing any better without Kadafi. All we can do is make these regimes pay a hefty price for their behavior. 

There'll just be another Dictator in Waiting to take over. The people over there have been living that way for so long that they can't fathom anything else. And their religion supports it. 

• Like 2

Destabilize the country and start an internal civil war.  That will keep them busy for a while and seriously weaken their motivation to pick fights outside their borders.  Start with taking out their petroleum industry and then their power grid, water supply etc.  I'm sure there are some important bridges that need bombing.  Nothing like a hungry population with things deteriorating further to start the protests.  

17 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Destabilize the country and start an internal civil war.  That will keep them busy for a while and seriously weaken their motivation to pick fights outside their borders.  Start with taking out their petroleum industry and then their power grid, water supply etc.  I'm sure there are some important bridges that need bombing.  Nothing like a hungry population with things deteriorating further to start the protests.  

True. But the protests will be against US.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

True. But the protests will be against US.

They've been doing  that for 40+ years.  Give them something to complain about.  

• Like 3

in the meantime , 16 countries have cut off UN relief funding because they were involved in the Israeli massacre - seems we have a lot of sorting out to do , terrorism cannot be allowed in a civil society , time to end it 

• Like 2