SASS Wire Forum

Do Canadians drive on the left or the right?

Alpo

If I ever thought about it at all, I assumed they drove on the right. I assume they drive on the right in Mexico also. You know, we drive on the right here in North America.

Then I saw this comic this morning.

fb240101.gif

This is a Canadian comic strip, and it certainly looks, in that last panel, as if they drive on the left.

So I decided to ask.

Pretty sure it’s the same as the US.  Right hand drive is usually only in countries that were under British rule.  Any under French are left hand drive.  Seems Napoleon thought it was uncivilized to meet with weapon hand to weapon hand and  thus we drive on the right side of the road.  

The couple times I've been there, they drove on the right like us.

Canadians drive on the correct side of the road, which is the right side of the road. 

39 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Canadians drive on the correct side of the road, which is the right side of the road. 

…as opposed to using the correct hand, which is the LEFT!!!

There’s the right hand and then the CORRECT  hand and we usually have one of each!!

6 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There’s the right hand and then the CORRECT  hand and we usually have one of each!!

So you must be a southpaw! My son is too and plays guitar right handed which means his left hand does all the fingering. He's done well for himself that way. Do you play bass LH or RH? Just curious.

I’m a total southpaw! I’m left handed, left footed, left eyed, and better left alone!!

When I tried to play bass and guitar, (I say “tried” because I was never any good at either) I played right handed.  I quickly learned that it was far better to let more talented people do the things that I don’t do well!!

Perhaps I would have been some better if I had just turned the guitar upside down, (My buddy, Kieth Horn is lefty and just turns a standard bass around the other way. He’s one of the best!).

I am “instrumentally challenged”, but if you ask the other guys in my band, they’ll tell you that you can leave the “instru” off of that statement!! <_<

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Say what you will, but the right side is the correct side. :P

Heck, even the English know the right side is the correct side. They used to joust riding on the right to take out their advisory to their left. ;)

Reflective of politics, no? 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Say what you will, but the right side is the correct side. :P

Heck, even the English know the right side is the correct side. They used to joust riding on the right to take out their advisory to their left. ;)

Reflective of politics, no? 

Actually, left handed people are the only ones in their right mind!!

49 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Perhaps I would have been some better if I had just turned the guitar upside down,

I saw Peter Fonda in some movie one time. Think he was a convict. But the band had done one of those "invite somebody up from the audience to play", and one of the members loaned him his guitar, and Fonda, who is left-handed, just turned it over and played it.

I'm fully aware that they could have (and most likely did) dub the music, but his hands looked like he knew what he was doing.

36 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ this whole thread seems a bit sinister to me .........  <_<

;)

And quite gauche!! :rolleyes:

Archived