SASS Wire Forum

Starline 44-40 Brass

Flyin Shootest

Just a quick note, Yesterday afternoon Starline contacted me for payment on an order for 44-40 brass that I had mailed in some time ago because of some discount certificates I needed to redeem.  While providing payment the kind lady indicated they were gearing up to do a production run and that while the website was not updated to take orders yet it would be soon, so those of you looking for 44-40, check the website often as she indicated last time that it only took about a day to fill out the entire production run once they went live on the website.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

F.S.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

10:30 AM Thursday -- Ordered 1000

Thanks for the heads-up!

--Dawg

Got plenty.  Sawmill Mary switched to 44WCF in rifle and pistols.  But only shot smokeless.  So we got another 500 brass. I loaded it all up with her "lipstick" bullets from Missouri Bullets.  She shot most of the matches the next season but would quit after 4 stages or so.  Then the next year she didn't shoot - just kept score.  So I have a bunch loaded.  I need to go shoot it out. 

59306b9526aff_344WCFJune12017.jpg.0643a9326d0cd3642af66eb0c07971d9.jpg

Want to give a thanks to Major Art Tillery,

He was kind enough to shoot a text to let me know they were taking back orders yesterday.  I've been trying to get a hold of some brass for the last year and a half.  I had managed to scrounge up some brass, thanks in part to some good folks on the wire, but some was very well loved range brass that left two broken case necks in the chamber.  Since I hadn't anticipated the problem, I hadn't separated the bit of new brass from the rest of it.  I'd pretty much resolved to only shooting the 44-40 out of the pistols until I could source some clean brass.  Thanks to the heads up I was finally able to put in a back order, so wanted to express my thanks here for a great pard'.

Johnny

p.s. I'll be shooting the 44-40 at the Classic Cowboy Showdown next April, so wanted to throw in another recommendation for the classics to make it out to enjoy the hospitality of Major's club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Knight said:

Want to give a thanks to Major Art Tillery,

He was kind enough to shoot a text to let me know they were taking back orders yesterday.  I've been trying to get a hold of some brass for the last year and a half.  I had managed to scrounge up some brass, thanks in part to some good folks on the wire, but some was very well loved range brass that left two broken case necks in the chamber.  Since I hadn't anticipated the problem, I hadn't separated the bit of new brass from the rest of it.  I'd pretty much resolved to only shooting the 44-40 out of the pistols until I could source some clean brass.  Thanks to the heads up I was finally able to put in a back order, so wanted to express my thanks here for a great pard'.

Johnny

p.s. I'll be shooting the 44-40 at the Classic Cowboy Showdown next April, so wanted to throw in another recommendation for the classics to make it out to enjoy the hospitality of Major's club.

Glad to help ya out Johnny!

The Classic Cowboy Showdown May 2 - 4, 2024

• Like 2

Wow, called Starline back on Wed after 4PM to give them my CC, and Saturday at 10:30 AM, I have 2K rounds of 44-40 to load.  By the looks of it the link to allow orders was only up for less than 8 hours.  I hope everyone that need brass had an opportunity to get what the needed.

Now off to convert press over to 44-40.

Merry Christmas to all

F.S. and crew.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rev Willy Dunkum, SASS # 61027 said:

I didn;t make this order this time but will continue to keep my eyes and ears open.  Fortunately I have enough for this year but its scarce enough to always be looking, 

Distributors should have gotten inventory back up. Maybe snag some there?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, La Sombra said:

Starline is accepting backorders now!

La Sombra

I have been checking back every day or so, but I missed this one.

2 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

I have been checking back every day or so, but I missed this one.

Frontier,

FYI. I was in the same boat, so i setup a "bot" to check Starline's site (you specify time of day) for any changes. I had the bot notify me of any changes in the website in the area of where it says "No Backorders".  If you upgrade from the free version you get more options as to how often it checks, but the free version checks once a day. I used Trackly.

• Thanks 1

Spoke with Starline today as the charge that was placed on my credit card last week was removed for 44-40 brass I ordered.   Apparently being charged does not mean the order is accepted, it being subject to the supply on hand.  Luckily that order was a "just in case".

On 12/18/2023 at 11:01 AM, Choctaw Kid Tulsa said:

Frontier,

FYI. I was in the same boat, so i setup a "bot" to check Starline's site (you specify time of day) for any changes. I had the bot notify me of any changes in the website in the area of where it says "No Backorders".  If you upgrade from the free version you get more options as to how often it checks, but the free version checks once a day. I used Trackly.

Thanks

I will give that a try.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any brass from the December order window?  Been touching base with Starline and have gotten the stock response: "Unfortunately, since we do make over 100 calibers and can only work on about 5-6 at a time, it is impossible to estimate a time frame.  When we are closer to completing another run, we will reach out to you, first by email and then can follow up with a phone call, to update the payment information and proceed with filling the order."

About to be in a saddle for a week, so hoping that is not the time they decide to reach out by email.....

Johnny

45 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

I received 1/2 of my December order today.

--Dawg

Rub it in Dawg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Choctaw Kid Tulsa said:

I received my December order about 4 weeks later in January.

I should have ordered more.

Same here on both, ordered 1000 in Dec and got it sometime in Jan. Should have got more.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Johnny Knight said:

Christmas in March, the brass ordered in December has arrived!

Get it loaded up! And get that entry in for the Showdown!  :P

Edited by Major Art Tillery
  • Like 1

i just found 100 cases of NOS starline locally , sealed bag , im set ..............got well over 3000 rounds now in stock all - but 100 loaded , time to start shootin some , glad spring is coming , 

oh except that snow is predicted here this week , it is still march and we get snow into may on a bad year , my first year here we got it mid may , later we got it n memorial day , im not keen on it but we are in a major draught here - folks south on the mississippi need not worry this year we arent sending you anything , ice is almost off the river this week , flow is almost nonexistent at the dam a few blocks from my door , yall stay safe down south