SASS Wire Forum

Tea that causes depression?

Alpo

I saw this funny.

reality.jpg.2f763b496ea16b5d354a15a485220ea5.jpg

And it is funny. I liked it. But I wondered if it was made up out of whole cloth, or if it was an actual Final Jeopardy answer.

"A web searching I shall go".

I asked about a tea that causes depression. I got page after page after page about how tea cures depression.

Not what I was looking for.

Does anyone know of one, or is this just a made-up funny?

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

The tea that causes depression?

Real-I-‘tea’.. 

Correct for $200! ;)

Tea does cause depression for me. It's a very real condition that hits very close to home here and is not to be joked about!

If I'm drinking it, it means we're out of coffee!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Tea does cause depression for me. It's a very real condition that hits very close to home here and is not to be joked about!

If I'm drinking it, it means we're out of coffee!!!!!

With ya there. 

If anyone asks what I want in my coffee, the only answer is, ‘More coffee.’

People used to ask me when I take in my coffee. I would tell them coffee.

In the movie Look Who's Talking, John Revolting is explaining to the baby about coffee. "This is coffee regular, which means two sugars and milk."

And when I heard that I thought of the old saw, "If he wanted hot milk and sugar, why did he order coffee?"

I do the Biden Sniff™ only when making coffee for my bride.
That is as close as I get to any coffee now... regular or decaf.

A1C is far too high, so I'm drinking Teccino now, much more tasty than Postum.

So Saith the alcoholic.

Tea makes me depressed. Whiskey makes me happy. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

How do you take your coffee?

Very seriously.

Black. Hot. Strong. 

I’ve had various methods of prep — cowboy coffee, French press, percolator, drip. I appreciate good coffee, but I’m not hung up on some exotic blend or method. 

Haven’t tried kopi luwak,  but I’d probably be open to the experience (but not the cost).

59 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Black. Hot. Strong. 

I’ve had various methods of prep — cowboy coffee, French press, percolator, drip. I appreciate good coffee, but I’m not hung up on some exotic blend or method. 

Haven’t tried kopi luwak,  but I’d probably be open to the experience (but not the cost).

Black Hot Strong and a shot of Bourbon .

A friend turned me on toCommunity Coffee out of Baton Rouge.  Seems expensive until you realize it come in a 32 ounce bag.  I'm told it has a dab of chicory in it but I can't taste it.  Keep it refrigerated and it will serve you for a long time.

It's really good.

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

How do you take your coffee?

Strong enough to float a horseshoe.  Hot enough to make it wilt.  And if there are any road apple crumbs clinging to it, well... it'll just add to the flavor.  ;)

Chamomile tea is used for relaxation, and can be dangerous for someone taking depressants.

Coffee regular is what I grew up calling it in NY in the 60's and 70's, white for cream only, black of course and

regular as described.

I firmly believe anyone who has to use more than four words to order their coffee is really part of the problem.

SC

8 hours ago, ShadowCatcher said:

Chamomile tea is used for relaxation, and can be dangerous for someone taking depressants.

Coffee regular is what I grew up calling it in NY in the 60's and 70's, white for cream only, black of course and

regular as described.

I firmly believe anyone who has to use more than four words to order their coffee is really part of the problem.

SC

Hot.

Black.

Now.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, ShadowCatcher said:

Most Excellent!

Now you have a tee shirt pattern with your words of wisdom. 

IMG_4362.thumb.jpeg.fbf015404cdccc752c62480aa686c826.jpeg

I have to admit that I've stood in line at a coffee shop listening to some folks order and

all I can think is "Are they ordering coffee, or casting a magical incantation?".

Archived