SASS Wire Forum

Could use the prayer posse again please

Eyesa Horg

Ellie was doing well yesterday!:) Will update this afternoon when I get home. We got several inches of snow last night, so should be a thrill a minute dodging the idiots on the road this morning!:lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll spend longer on my Prayer Bones for you both!.

Delighted your beautiful bride is on the mend, but if you've got to dodge folks with summer tires who plumb forgot how to drive in winter snow, I'll be imploring the Almighty for your safe and uneventful travels, as well as Miz Ellie's continued healing!

Thank goodness I'm pretty good at said dodging! Seems to happen every year! Some people, you know the ones that can't go over 20 on the Interstate that make me crazy!

It will be a Happy Thanksgiving :). I got Ellie home at 7pm ET. All looks pretty dang good.

THANK YOU PRAYER POSSE, you all and the Almighty above pulled her through!

"Happy Thanksgiving to all"

Eyesa

Great news! May God continue to give you both strength.

DELIGHTED TO HEAR THIS!

(yes it's all caps, I get excited when I read such good news!)

A most joyous occasion! Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

It really gives me something to be thankful for today. :wub: Sure is nice to have Ellie home this morning. :)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Well here I am again!

Ellie goes in again in a few hours for hopefully her last surgery to reverse her iliostomy. Should be a 2-3 hour surgery. She is looking forward to being back to normal again. It's been a long road! We both thank you all so much for your support. I will post as I know more this evening.

Thank you for your continued Prayers.

Eyesa

Got you both on my mind today!  Prayers for a positive final outcome and for great health in the coming days!!

Very definitely will stand up on my knees for her and for yourself both!
Looking forward to your After Action Report!

Prayers & thoughts for both of you plus best wishes that Ellie’s surgery goes well…..

Still waiting to hear from the surgeon. Hospital running a little over 3 hours late when Ellie was finally taken into the OR. I'm getting impatient, but if there was any issue with doing the surgery, I believe I'd have heard by now. Hopefully soon.

YEE-HAW, just heard from the surgeon and "all went fine":D

Thank you so much for your thoughts and support.

I will post more if an update after my visit tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

YEE-HAW, just heard from the surgeon and "all went fine":D

Thank you so much for your thoughts and support.

I will post more if an update after my visit tomorrow.

Praising God along with you! 

1/5/24

I'm in with Ellie now. She is feeling great! We are both so happy to have the ostomy pouch gone!:) Just saw the surgeon and he is happy as well. Just a bandage to cover the remaining hole so as it can heal from the inside out. Won't need packing, also good news! 

Thank you so much "Prayer Posse"

Eyesa & Ellie

8 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

1/5/24

I'm in with Ellie now. She is feeling great! We are both so happy to have the ostomy pouch gone!:) Just saw the surgeon and he is happy as well. Just a bandage to cover the remaining hole so as it can heal from the inside out. Won't need packing, also good news! 

Eyesa & Ellie

Great news!!  I’ve been through the “packing” thing and it’s no picnic.  So glad that she’ll be able to forgo that!

Y’all go out and have a big wingding of some kind as soon as she is able!!

21 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Great news!!  I’ve been through the “packing” thing and it’s no picnic.  So glad that she’ll be able to forgo that!

Y’all go out and have a big wingding of some kind as soon as she is able!!

I've done the packing horror myself. That's why I'm so glad she doesn't have to deal with it. Especially since I'm the likely administrator!

Great news!

I'm reading the delightful news that her plumbing is back to industry standard and she's on the mend!
Trouble is, I'm reading it just after 1 in the morning (woke up & couldn't get back to sleep) so no full-voiced WAHOO of celebration. Don't want the wife to think I hit the lottery or something.

Still standing up on my knees for full healing without complications, and pickled tink she's not plagued with that packing!

5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I'm reading the delightful news that her plumbing is back to industry standard and she's on the mend!
Trouble is, I'm reading it just after 1 in the morning (woke up & couldn't get back to sleep) so no full-voiced WAHOO of celebration. Don't want the wife to think I hit the lottery or something.

Still standing up on my knees for full healing without complications, and pickled tink she's not plagued with that packing!

I needed a couple emojis for that one Linn. She had the packing removed a half hour ago and wasn't amused. I'll bet! So far this morning, all is looking good for her getting home today. I'd be nice if we could beat the storm coming in today. However, it's not like I haven't driven in a blizzard before! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

*snip*

So far this morning, all is looking good for her getting home today. I'd be nice if we could beat the storm coming in today. However, it's not like I haven't driven in a blizzard before! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Safe travels, my friend!

If I had something like a Weasel or an APC, I'd fetch it out for your use to guarantee your safe travel!

She'll be delighted to sleep under her own roof again!

(Hey, the bed's more comfortable, the company's better and so is the cookin'!)

28 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Safe travels, my friend!

If I had something like a Weasel or an APC, I'd fetch it out for your use to guarantee your safe travel!

She'll be delighted to sleep under her own roof again!

(Hey, the bed's more comfortable, the company's better and so is the cookin'!)

A weasel would actually make it fun!:P

23 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

1/5/24

Eyesa & Ellie

Wonderful news.

Thank you much Prayer Posse:wub:

Finally got Ellie home last night after a 4 hour delay at the hospital! The surgeon gave the release ok to the nurses at 2:00, but forgot to issue the discharge orders! Took the nurses 4 hours to get them as we just sat there occupying a room! Got home just as the snow started.

Ellie is feeling great and we are both so thankful to have her all put back together. She has just a little discomfort where the stoma was as it now has to heal from inside out. Just a small Band Aid covering the hole. YAY.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers that got us through the past 14 months.

Eyesa

Archived