SASS Wire Forum

Reloading service?

Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925

Are there any reloading services for us. Somebody that can use  - or get credit for - my used brass.

Sometimes life just does not lean toward me having time to reload as much as I'd like or need.

I used to use a guy on the east coast somewhere, but cannot find old order info.

Looking for .38 special and .32 H&R or .32 Long.

Reach out to Bang and Clang Bullets

www.bangandclangllc.com

Bang and Clang LLC 
P.O. Box 400
Mimbres, NM 88049

860-395-3643

22 hours ago, Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925 said:

Not many reloading services, I reckon. Bang and Clang is over a dollar a round!

Is that the price George Martin quoted you?  BTW, MidwayUSA is selling new Federal 32 H&R mag with lead bullets for $1.45 per round.

I don't know if she'll give credit for your brass or not, you'll have to talk to her or her representative. Scarlett is a big supporter of SASS, give here a call. Here's her website.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.live-website.com/cowboy-cartridges/

13 hours ago, Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925 said:

Not many reloading services, I reckon. Bang and Clang is over a dollar a round!

It's 2023, not sure what your expectations are. 

I know you said time can be an issue, but if you already have the brass and components you might try and see if a local shooter will let you reload on their Dillon 650/750.  Depending on your volume of shooting you can crank out a lot of rounds on a Dillon in a relatively short time. 

There used to be a place in Cleveland called National Bullet -- I used them when I started this journey.
But the've been out of business for a long time.

--Dawg

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

They do say that they will buy or credit you if you have your own brass or primers.  How much cheaper that would make it is the question.

Hey Gator, which vendor does that?

3 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

There used to be a place in Cleveland called National Bullet -- I used them when I started this journey.

--Dawg

I recently came across a box of 500 wad cutters from them! Cost was $15 inc shipping! Gave em to Pard to use in his new air gun.

It's the combination of the calibers SASS shooters use and bullet weights and muzzle velocity desired by SASS shooters that make ammunition a very specialized product. Plus the number of shooters who reload their own ammo limits the amount of cowboy ammo production. Unlike the modern action shooting sports that are now, more then ever, 9mm centric. 

14 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

--Dawg

They were great! The owner grew up 5 houses from me. He was a few years younger than me.
Their prices were only a little higher than you could reload ! 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:10 AM, Cypress Sun said:

I don't know if she'll give credit for your brass or not, you'll have to talk to her or her representative. Scarlett is a big supporter of SASS, give here a call. Here's her website.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.live-website.com/cowboy-cartridges/

Scarlett.

Archived