SASS Wire Forum

Drug raid today

Trigger Mike

Now vidalia, ga is not a big town, about 27,000 people live in the county.  Supposedly today the rumor says 30 people were arrested.  

it seems a woman bought a clunker at a buy here pay here lot where the rumor has been for years that it’s a front for drugs.  Supposedly he buys junk cars and uses them to haul drugs.  

she had it a couple of weeks and got home, left her keys and phone in the car, walked to the back to get her kids out but the Tahoe locked itself.  She went to a neighbor and called the police.  While they were rescuing the babies the door panel fell off and out came cocaine.  

the next day his house that is a mile from me was raided as was his several businesses.  The rumor is one of his crew told the police that the guy who owns the ford and Chevy lot is part of it.  The police even put on Facebook they were conducting investigations but not to be afraid and cops were everywhere.  

a helicopter hovered the Chevy lot for hours.  Rumors of other prominent businessmen being investigated abound now.  Maybe we will know more tomorrow.  

one more reason it is a good idea to stay home all the time and not socialize.  

56 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Now vidalia, ga is not a big town, about 27,000 people live in the county.  Supposedly today the rumor says 30 people were arrested.  

it seems a woman bought a clunker at a buy here pay here lot where the rumor has been for years that it’s a front for drugs.  Supposedly he buys junk cars and uses them to haul drugs.  

she had it a couple of weeks and got home, left her keys and phone in the car, walked to the back to get her kids out but the Tahoe locked itself.  She went to a neighbor and called the police.  While they were rescuing the babies the door panel fell off and out came cocaine.  

the next day his house that is a mile from me was raided as was his several businesses.  The rumor is one of his crew told the police that the guy who owns the ford and Chevy lot is part of it.  The police even put on Facebook they were conducting investigations but not to be afraid and cops were everywhere.  

a helicopter hovered the Chevy lot for hours.  Rumors of other prominent businessmen being investigated abound now.  Maybe we will know more tomorrow.  

Sometimes it's good to be an introvert.

Gosh, with "cops were everywhere" and a Helicopter flying around, just how many law enforcement officers does a small

southern town have with only 27,000 residence?

..........Widder

6 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Is this group related to the group ten years ago or competition that moved into the hole?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdga/pr/leader-vidalia-drug-trafficking-organization-sentenced-25-years-federal-prison

Not sure, but the main guy arrested yesterday had been arrested before and when he got out of prison the Chevy owner set up with a job etc and the next thing you knew he had his own used car lot, a gym, a construction company that the local real estate company used a lot, and a few other businesses.   

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Gosh, with "cops were everywhere" and a Helicopter flying around, just how many law enforcement officers does a small

southern town have with only 27,000 residence?

..........Widder

One! And he was running his tail off to show he was on top of things. ;)

image.jpeg.ea74f620f288e602912c8b85aeb8256a.jpeg

image.jpeg.a79beaba2c276dcb64809f1d3c5a95f5.jpeg

image.gif.00450920635887a3291b025f36f14693.gif

Here in CA, to attract that many cops, a firesale at Dunkin' Donuts is required.

At our beach place in San Diego, the cops only come out if there is either blood or bikinis.
It is a very common site to see a patrol car with two officers parked at the boardwalk and setting up a navel observatory.

Doesn't matter the size of the town. Once one LEO dons tactical gear, all others are joining in on the paramilitary costume party. Then the county team, then the state troopers, then federal level officers....... 

6 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Doesn't matter the size of the town. Once one LEO dons tactical gear, all others are joining in on the paramilitary costume party. Then the county team, then the state troopers, then federal level officers....... 

I love a parade.

Place I worked at about 30 years ago was next to a little hovel with some small travel trailers and shacks next to it.  That hovel was on a little wedge of land right next to a freeway onramp.  I think the owners refused to sell to the State when Hwy 12 was put in and the planners looked at maps and decided they really didn't need it.  Hwy. 12 bisected several nice residential streets and those on each side of it became light industrial and warehousing.  That made that little wedge of land worthless and it became, basically, a den of drugs and prostitution.  

Anyway, one day about 15 Sonoma Co. Sheriff cruisers came roaring up to that place, maybe some DEA and Santa Rosa Police in the mix, and it seemed like 30 LEOs came out of those cars, pistols drawn, shotguns and ARs at high port, and just swept through the place.  It was kind of impressive to watch.  

Our former neighbor was a guard at Folsom prison.
He drank an entire bottle of Old Loudmouth, then capped off his revolver and buried a slug in a neighbors garage door.
He led the cops on a merry vehicle chase, ala OJ Simpson style.

We were wondering what the helicopter and a zillion cop cars and SWAT was doing around the corner from us.
They had already taken the smack dealer who lived next door to us... so it wasn't him.

We went out to hose nose, and he was out in the street, shitfaced.
There were many cop cars surrounding him, doors open, full tactical armor and armed for bear.

He had a mattress in the back of his SUV and had been driving around while the helicopter gave chase.
He finally surrendered, so they took his house.
He had an operational tank (wheel type) with a turret gun with the plug removed, so it could be fired.
They cracked his gun safe and found the usual Saturday Night Special favored by LEOs who need an untraceable handgun.

They whisked him away in the middle of the night, and no more remembrance was had of him.
The house was sold, and the wife went to points unknown.

I can only imagine where he is today.
Truly a nice guy, except when drinking Old Loudmouth.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I can only imagine where he is today.

Have you checked the California Legislature rosters? :D

6 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

When the Full Throttle Saloon , here "caught fire"  They had 10-15 ATF agents on scene before the Fire Department , 8 minutes away .

23 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

When the Full Throttle Saloon , here "caught fire"  They had 10-15 ATF agents on scene before the Fire Department , 8 minutes away .

Was the staff at that saloon under investigation?

OR did they set the fire? ;)

15 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

In a pig's ass!

I'll go out when and where I want to.  I'm smart enough and experienced enough to not get between anyone firing guns at each other and can very likely able to shoot my way clear if I get between them unintentionally.....or at least partially clear.

Any which way it might go I'll go where and when I want.  I'll not cower in my house because of some miscreants that the government hasn't had the sense or guts to deal with.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

In a pig's ass!

I'll go out when and where I want to.  I'm smart enough and experienced enough to not get between anyone firing guns at each other and can very likely able to shoot my way clear if I get between them unintentionally.....or at least partially clear.

Any which way it might go I'll go where and when I want.  I'll not cower in my house because of some miscreants that the government hasn't had the sense or guts to deal with.

I have to go with Forty on this. I'm NOT going to let other people determine when and where I go. I've been all over Tucson while working and have never felt uncomfortable enough to refuse to make a delivery. Now that I'm retired, I'll admit that there are places I might not go to, but it's more of a matter of not needing to go to those places. And if I find myself in the middle of something Bad, I trust that my 1911 will help get me out of it.

If I choose to just stay home, it's because I don't need to go out. And the people that I choose not to deal with is because they annoy me, NOT scare me.

Hunter's Point in San Francisco is one location where none of the IBM people would take a service call after dark.
And that was many, many years ago.

We avoid downtown Sacramento after dark, for the same reasons.

The news reported 2 days later that multiple search warrants were executed but no arrests were made but that federal prosecutors were getting indictments and then the names of those arrested would be released.  

On 7/20/2023 at 7:11 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Place I worked at about 30 years ago was next to a little hovel with some small travel trailers and shacks next to it.  That hovel was on a little wedge of land right next to a freeway onramp.  I think the owners refused to sell to the State when Hwy 12 was put in and the planners looked at maps and decided they really didn't need it.  Hwy. 12 bisected several nice residential streets and those on each side of it became light industrial and warehousing.  That made that little wedge of land worthless and it became, basically, a den of drugs and prostitution.  

Anyway, one day about 15 Sonoma Co. Sheriff cruisers came roaring up to that place, maybe some DEA and Santa Rosa Police in the mix, and it seemed like 30 LEOs came out of those cars, pistols drawn, shotguns and ARs at high port, and just swept through the place.  It was kind of impressive to watch.  

Where is that Joe, been gone a long time and can't remember where you are talking about

47 minutes ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Where is that Joe, been gone a long time and can't remember where you are talking about

The south part of Roberts Ave, where it turns into Holbrook. The big warehouse used to be Delta Battery, and Shamrock Concrete was next to it. Hwy 101 is just off the east (right) side of the photo.  Red box is roughly the area I was talking about.

image.thumb.png.cfaf0391e8ffd6e2626a7982841ca6d3.png 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:49 AM, bgavin said:

Hunter's Point in San Francisco is one location where none of the IBM people would take a service call after dark.
And that was many, many years ago.

We avoid downtown Sacramento after dark, for the same reasons.

That's too bad, because in the early to mid 90s, when I travelled on business; I thought of Sac as one of the last safe and nice cities in CA. And it was almost close to affordable. Really enjoyed Old Town, the state capital building etc....

4 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

That's too bad, because in the early to mid 90s, when I travelled on business; I thought of Sac as one of the last safe and nice cities in CA. And it was almost close to affordable. Really enjoyed Old Town, the state capital building etc....

It was back then

Archived