SASS Wire Forum

Justified

The end of episode two gets it into gear!!  All I could say was “Here we go!!”

18 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

First two episodes of Justified: City Primeval were broadcast last night on FX.  Eight years after the original.  Kind of a subdued Givens.  It ain't Harlan County.  

Kinda like Joe Pickett, Joe is nothing like his character in the books. His wife has bigger **&( than Joe does.

TM

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching this yesterday, after about a month and a half of "prepping" by rewatching the original Justified series.

So far I'm just seeing City Primeval as a fairly decent story that has Raylan Givens shoe-horned in (which of course is what it is).   Makes it a little bit of a let down for me - because Raylan is just kind of "there", doesn't really have anything to do.   And that's 3 episodes in.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:54 AM, Texas Maverick said:

Kinda like Joe Pickett, Joe is nothing like his character in the books. His wife has bigger **&( than Joe does.

TM

I do like Joe Picket.....I just wish his sack was a little larger. 

I’m enjoying it so far!  Lots of directions it could take and it feels like it’s building up to to some kind of major throw down!

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The same ones rewriting Snow White for Disney.

or the Little Mermaid.

TM

I believe Elmore Leonard's son Taylor is a main writer on the show.  Better watch insulting the writing or his old man may come back looking for ya.

:lol:

good luck, GJ

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed most of it.  I could see, from the beginning, what the eventual outcome for the main antagonist was going to be. I knew from reading the articles that announced it that it would NOT be an extension/sequel to Fire in the Hole, (the short story that the original series was based on) and that it would only feature the Raylan character from that series.

I’m not surprised by the “retirement”  or the way it was done.

For those of you looking for this series to be another Harlan County, maybe there will be enough demand to bring another series based on the last five minutes of the final episode last night.

Enjoyed the last episode more than the rest of the whole new series combined.  You could almost see Raylan decide, 'Enough of this, I'll just do it myself'.  Not that he had a choice in the matter since things had gotten out of hand.

Enjoyed the series, especially the ending.  But sorry, as a fan of the original series, I could never imagine Raylan Givens from Harlan County, who was at one time married to a pretty blonde, sleeping with a black woman.  That was too much of a stretch of the imagination.

But, was politically correct to get it on TV nowadays.  Don't think Elmore would have written it like that.

Actually, this was always going to be just one short season with limited episodes…

Archived