SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone Redemption 2023

Misty Moonshine

Good morning everyone:

We have some exciting news! Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) is a proud sponsor of the inaugural Tombstone Redemption Event! July 29-30 in the one and only Tombstone Arizona. Red Dead Redemption, a video game by Rockstar, is regaled as one of the most successful video games of all time.... and its fans will ascend into Tombstone for a great weekend and SASS will be set up in the Park right next to the OK Corral promoting our sport to the attendees. If you are interested in joining us in promoting Cowboy Action Shooting and SASS, please reach out to us- volunteers needed! Let's offer up some real life Cowboy Shooting to the fans- invite them out of their gaming chairs and into the world of Cowboy Action Shooting!

This is our opportunity to really promote our sport to the fanbase and get them out on the range. 

Let me know if you are interested in joining us in Tombstone. In part of our sponsorship, the event organizers have given us the entire Tombstone city park to set up in. Mernickle Custom Holsters is also sponsoring and will be set up in the park with us- we need a great showing of Cowboys and Cowgirls of all ages to help us represent our amazing demographic! 

Here is the event website: https://www.tombstoneredemption.com/

I hope you guys can join us for this amazing opportunity. 

Many thanks,

Misty 

misty@sassnet.com

I would love to be able to do this but it's a little far.  Google says - 33 hr (2,229.8 mi)

You know you can count on me to help when you return to PA for the Great American Outdoor Show.

What is expected of the volunteers? Handing out pamphlets? Just talking with people?

Is SASS setting up an awning to be under? Water? It's summertime in the desert.

A little more information would be helpful. 

BS

Sounds like fun, wish I could make it for something like this.

11 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

What is expected of the volunteers? Handing out pamphlets? Just talking with people?

Is SASS setting up an awning to be under? Water? It's summertime in the desert.

A little more information would be helpful. 

BS

Good morning; great questions! 

The event is taking over the town, rebranding many of the buildings as the businesses from Blackwater (the town in RDR)… it is a full-town event! As I mentioned, we have been given the city park as part of our sponsorship. No awning needed- there is a gazebo there, electricity, and even some trees.

Logistically, it’s a bit of a nightmare to get much display-wise over there…. I’ll be flying into Tucson from Indiana…but I’ll ship in materials – banners, brochures and promotional items for us to give out. Our friends at Mernickle will help out by bringing tables and other supplies. I envision the park as being our “base”… but we’ll want to get out there and enjoy the event…meet folks and talk about SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting!

My goal is to have as many SASS Cowboys and Cowgirls as possible to fill the park- and the town- to meet these Red Dead fans and spread the word; getting them out to a local club to “shoot Cowboy” in real life!  People are going to be our home run on this one.

I'm happy to provide drinking water, I just need to figure it out a bit; I can likely stop and buy a cooler and keep it stocked for all of us. We will have electricity in the park, will just need extension cords and such- perhaps we can bring in a few fans...  

Here are some images of the park  we'll be set up  in: 

image.pngimage.png

We might be able to dig up a cooler or two and we can bring a sturdy table if needed. We also have several extension cords if you need us to bring them. If you don't have someone to ship materials to we can probably help in that also.

kR

I wish I could be there. I'm trying to get started in CAS, still working on acquiring gear, but I've been a big fan of the Red Dead games since they first came out. I think this is a perfect opportunity to introduce the sport to new people that already have an interest in the old west. It would be cool if the local club could invite people to a small exhibition as well.

40 minutes ago, Renegade Roper said:

If you have electricity you might want to play the video that @Shamrock Sadie made for EOT.  This way they can actually see what we do.

Roper

Thanks, Roper.

I have taken off the credits at the end (after the info about going to SASSnet.com) to make a smoother loop on the video (not the YouTube version). If anyone wants that download (without the end credits), let me know and I can send the Dropbox link (will need an email address though). That way you can download a higher resolution copy of it to a laptop and loop through it.

Otherwise, here is the YouTube link:

17 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Still hopeful for additional volunteers - giving this a little "bump" to get it back on page 1. 

Misty

Might try reaching out to some of the folks at the Rio Salado Cowboys in Mesa. Granted I'm probably one of the youngest and only gamer that was there a couple years ago, but I'll put the word out if they do a practice shoot the week prior to the 27th.

• 3 weeks later...

Aim Me West and I will be there tomorrow. Shamrock Sadie's video looks great. Do you have what you need to play this?

Shameless plug for local clubs.

Los Vaqueros, Old Pueblo Shootists Assoc. and Bordertown Sunday hold matches at the Tombstone Livery, a few miles north of town.

Old Pueblo- 1st Sunday 9 am

Los Vaqueros- 3rd Saturday (8 am summer)

Bordertown Sunday- 9 am (summer off)

6 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I wonder if Mernickle will be there?  Just saw that he now carries some RDR-themed rigs.

Yes, they are there with SASS.

21 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Photos yet?

Misty took a few, but it was such a huge turn out we were so busy!

She should be posting them after the travels.

Archived