SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

More Photoshop. The moon travels thru the sky on an arc, not straight up and down. Since the camera is stationary, the moon would appear to the side of the goal. There are other clues too, but that’s the biggie. 

Why not move the camera and take 3 shots in quick sucession?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

More Photoshop. The moon travels thru the sky on an arc, not straight up and down. Since the camera is stationary, the moon would appear to the side of the goal. There are other clues too, but that’s the biggie. 

Given the relative size change, could they be in line with the moon's path as it is getting further away?  I assumed the pictures were cgi, someone's digital art rather than edited pictures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

My hero….:lol:

image.jpeg.736c19ab2817ad1a7792725b47aa1935.jpeg

In his twilight years, he lived in Pinellas Co. Florida. It's still not uncommon to visit restaurants/etc. and see a framed/signed check from Evel on the wall for a dinner or whatnot that he "bought" there.

He would write a check for whatever the bill or total came to when it came time to pay. The business owner wouldn't cash the check so they could have Evel's autograph. He knew that many places kept the endorsed check instead of cashing it and that's why he did it.

A Cuban sandwich shop that I visit has one on the wall, I'll take a picture next time I'm in there an post it.

Some called it being cheap, others called it being smart.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It might be possible that the basketball hoop happens to be oriented so that it's facing North or South so that as the moon sets in the West, it would seem to pass through the hoop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

It might be possible that the basketball hoop happens to be oriented so that it's facing North or South so that as the moon sets in the West, it would seem to pass through the hoop.

That would take a monumental degree of precision with specialized equipment and a basketball goal in a very exact spot on the planet. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Given the relative size change, could they be in line with the moon's path as it is getting further away?  I assumed the pictures were cgi, someone's digital art rather than edited pictures.

Where I live (central US), the moon is larger (where the atmosphere magnifies it) when it’s rising in the dark and smaller as it reaches its peak. As it retreats westward and descending, it’s already daylight. Might look different wherever you are. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That would take a monumental degree of precision with specialized equipment and a basketball goal in a very exact spot on the planet. 

Not necessarily. The moon's, just like the sun's position in the sky varies with the earth's orbit. The shadows in summer are on the other side of the house in winter. Maybe just good timing on the photographer's part. 

12 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Proof that humans CAN de-evolve, to an earlier species.

lfvmgwmw3fu91.jpg

And we're supposed to accept and celebrate them. :ph34r:

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Removed text!
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2