Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/22/2023 at 12:11 PM, Alpo said:

photo eyeball.jpg

When he was told to keep his eye on the ball, I don't think that was what they meant.

I wonder what his shiner looked like.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

When he was told to keep his eye on the ball, I don't think that was what they meant.

I wonder what his shiner looked like.

Round. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Students shove a pop bottle in the door so it stays open when moving at the dorms.  It holds the elevator while they load several boxes.

Belly button!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

I wonder why they would block the door with a jar? Everything else on that notice makes sense. Except that.

When it's open it is ajar!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That joke only works in English. Like this one.

Dios spelled backwards is perro.

Gott spelled backwards is hund.

Deus spelled backwards is canis.

Those elevator instructions were obviously written in some Oriental language, and then translated into English using Google translate or some similar app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

The elevator "Close Door" button has been disabled in ALL public elevators in the United States. 

Quit pushing the damn thing...it doesn't do anything!;)

Except in Bass Pro in Morgantown. ;)

At my old rail shop the doors took for ever to close. One day the elevator repair guy and an inspector were going over the two elevators. I told them the door close button didn’t work. They both claimed that they did. I stepped in. Hit the button for the 2nd floor then the door close button then we stood there staring at each other. Them outside, me in. The doors closed at about 30 seconds. Before they fully closed I stuck my hand between the doors and they opened. The repair guy said “You shouldn’t do that!” I said “You shouldn’t lie. NOW CHANGE THE (blanking) TIMER ON THE DOORS OR FIX THE CLOSE BUTTON!”

Later he appeared in my office to tell me the timing has been reduced on doors closing. It was. 

Was there a law regarding this, @Cypress Sun?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Except in Bass Pro in Morgantown. ;)

At my old rail shop the doors took for ever to close. One day the elevator repair guy and an inspector were going over the two elevators. I told them the door close button didn’t work. They both claimed that they did. I stepped in. Hit the button for the 2nd floor then the door close button then we stood there staring at each other. Them outside, me in. The doors closed at about 30 seconds. Before they fully closed I stuck my hand between the doors and they opened. The repair guy said “You shouldn’t do that!” I said “You shouldn’t lie. NOW CHANGE THE (blanking) TIMER ON THE DOORS OR FIX THE CLOSE BUTTON!”

Later he appeared in my office to tell me the timing has been reduced on doors closing. It was. 

Was there a law regarding this, @Cypress Sun?

I don't know if it is law or not. I was first told that the Close Door button was disabled on all US installations by a good friend of mine who was a lifetime elevator installer/maintenance tech/repairman. Although he jokes around a lot, he wasn't joking about this.

Before I retired, I worked in conjunction with at least 10 different elevator repairmen and I asked them all the same question..."Has the Close Door button really been disabled throughout the US". The answer was always the same - Yes. One told me that it has to do with the American Disabilities Act, but I don't know that for a fact.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I don't know if it is law or not. I was first told that the Close Door button was disabled on all US installations by a good friend of mine who was a lifetime elevator installer/maintenance tech/repairman. Although he jokes around a lot, he wasn't joking about this.

Before I retired, I worked in conjunction with at least 10 different elevator repairmen and I asked them all the same question..."Has the Close Door button really been disabled throughout the US". The answer was always the same - Yes. One told me that it has to do with the American Disabilities Act, but I don't know that for a fact.

Apparently so.

Do 'Close Door' Buttons in Elevators Actually Do Anything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Is this Jabba the Hutt as a baby?

image.jpeg.9b4ab77cf7b092c63b267590149250b5.jpeg.cd2fc594ec22be6cbe326b6f756074a2.jpeg

Awwwwwww….   He’s even smiling atcha!

Sam Sackett 

Edited by Sam Sackett
  • Like 2