SASS Wire Forum

Polls

Rye Miles #13621

When they say a poll says 63 % of Americans don’t like the president or the congress or whatever the poll is about, they should be saying 63% of those Americans that were polled!!!

These polls are only a sample of maybe 1000 people at most!:angry:

Thank you, Rant over!!!

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When they say a poll says 63 % of Americans don’t like the president or the congress or whatever the poll is about, they should be saying 63% of those Americans that were polled!!!

These polls are only a sample of maybe 1000 people at most!:angry:

Thank you, Rant over!!!

Are you suggesting that Pollsters should use logic instead of trying to manipulating the public?

I find it interesting when a public "Official" states "Americans want" or "demand" ... the "Official" didn't ask me.

26 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Are you suggesting that Pollsters should use logic instead of trying to manipulating the public?

I find it interesting when a public "Official" states "Americans want" or "demand" ... the "Official" didn't ask me.

Exactly!!!

The most interesting part of these polls is that conservatives that I know won’t take these pols but liberals do. SO, what are the real numbers. And I’m sure that illegal immigrants would probably take these polls if asked

Recently I had to replace my drivers license because my wallet fell out behind the tractor and the bush hog got it. While I was waiting a guy came in for a Real ID here in Kentucky. He had to have an interpreter because he could not speak English. His dialect was more more from Farther South than Mexico. I speak and understand some Mexican from doing the books for 5 Mexican restaurants.  Anyway, he was here on a passport, and they issued him a Real Ky ID. He even got in before me, he was a walk in and I had an appt. Understand this, AReal ID gives you the right to Vote!  

Sorry, Rye. I probably should have made this a separate topic. Please don’t be mad. Rant off!

66 years young last year. 

Was asked to participate in my very first live person poll last August.

About 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back.

At the end the person I was talking to asked how much I wanted to donate to their cause.

Told them, you called me why would you want me to pay you to participate in your poll.

Was told without a "donation" my answers would not be recorded.

See that on a lot of internet polls.

Laughed and hung up.....  Sigh

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

The most interesting part of these polls is that conservatives that I know won’t take these pols but liberals do. SO, what are the real numbers. And I’m sure that illegal immigrants would probably take these polls if asked

Recently I had to replace my drivers license because my wallet fell out behind the tractor and the bush hog got it. While I was waiting a guy came in for a Real ID here in Kentucky. He had to have an interpreter because he could not speak English. His dialect was more more from Farther South than Mexico. I speak and understand some Mexican from doing the books for 5 Mexican restaurants.  Anyway, he was here on a passport, and they issued him a Real Ky ID. He even got in before me, he was a walk in and I had an appt. Understand this, AReal ID gives you the right to Vote!  

Sorry, Rye. I probably should have made this a separate topic. Please don’t be mad. Rant off!

Mad?? Are you kidding? That’s a great story. Shows how messed up our immigration system is! Thanks !

Pollsters also use the feedback they want so they can define the message they want to convey. As much as I despise Brandon I think these numbers are unfair. 

I think they should be higher regarding his disapproval rating. 

More than likely they want Brandon’s numbers to be poor, but not too poor. Probably because they want the dipstick with the VP title to be the P. 

38 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pollsters also use the feedback they want so they can define the message they want to convey. As much as I despise Brandon I think these numbers are unfair. 

I think they should be higher regarding his disapproval rating. 

More than likely they want Brandon’s numbers to be poor, but not too poor. Probably because they want the dipstick with the VP title to be the P. 

Don’t you mean they DONT want the dipstick VP being the P? No one wants her to be President. That’s Brandon’s cover .

10 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Don’t you mean they DONT want the dipstick VP being the P? No one wants her to be President. That’s Brandon’s cover .

Nobody wanted her as vp

15 minutes ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Nobody wanted her as vp

Except for Biden !!:lol:

3 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

66 years young last year. 

Was asked to participate in my very first live person poll last August.

About 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back.

At the end the person I was talking to asked how much I wanted to donate to their cause.

Told them, you called me why would you want me to pay you to participate in your poll.

Was told without a "donation" my answers would not be recorded.

See that on a lot of internet polls.

Laughed and hung up.....  Sigh

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Can you say SCAMMER trying to get peoples financial information.

Years ago I was called once a week to participate in polls put on by KCAL-9 television out of Los Angeles when I lived in Orange County. Polling issues ranged from year around school to individual candidates running for office. I probably participated in 15-20 polls. Then one day they called and the polling questions were regarding gun control. It was quite apparent from the start that I was not giving answers that met with the goal of their poll. That was the last poll call I got from them. They didn’t tell me that I would no longer be called, but I did call them and was nicely told they no longer needed my help. When I asked if it was because I wasn’t answering as they hoped I would the line went dead. 

I do not trust polls. This experience just helped to reinforce my distrust. 

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Worked for his predecessor....  :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I do not trust polls. This experience just helped to reinforce my distrust. 

I think the majority of polls are intended to convince people how to think/vote. Too many people are too easily manipulated. Look at advertising campaigns, it’s not much different, at least that’s what 9 out of 10 doctors tell me 

I used to ask for clarification of the questions, or tried to give nuanced answers.  Irritated several of them. They kept trying to keep me inside the narrow lines but most of my answers couldn't fit within them.  "Well, in this case one thing, in another case something else, and obviously under circumstances neither of those but this."

"I can't write that down!"

"You wanted my opinion.  I gave you my opinion.  It's not my fault your survey is so poorly designed."

Archived