SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

I was browsing through some Demotivational posters/images and got to thinking (OK, so now you know it's going to be weird)

If, as cosmologists tell us, all the galaxies etc. are expanding away from each other, then how come some collide?

Lesson here - don't browse Demotivaionals in the middle of the night when you can't sleep.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If, as cosmologists tell us, all the galaxies etc. are expanding away from each other, then how come some collide?

Either one of them got lost and wouldn't stop and ask directions, or his wife told him to make wrong turn.

• Haha 5

I guess this is one of the problems of being old and deaf.

She says black coffee is the official drink of something red something. I played it two or three times and I still can't understand what she said. Anybody know?

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

She says black coffee is the official drink of something red something. I played it two or three times and I still can't understand what she said. Anybody know?

"Red Pill Cis-Males"

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You do know that youtube has Closed Caption, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

You do know that youtube has Closed Caption, right?

It isn’t on all videos, but it is on 95% of them. If it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t understand many of them. Especially since the sound quality on many is poor 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It isn’t on all videos, but it is on 95% of them. If it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t understand many of them. Especially since the sound quality on many is poor 

It's on that one. Good thing too. I understood "Red Pill", but couldn't get "Cis Men". 

• Like 1

Your Latin Lesson for today:
"The phrase employs the gerundive, a verbal adjective, of deleo, delere, delevi, deletum, "to destroy",[2] (delendus, -a, -um). The future passive participle "delenda" (meaning "to be destroyed") is then combined with the verb sum ("to be"[3]) or parts thereof, adds an element of compulsion or necessity, yielding "is to be destroyed", or, as it is more commonly rendered "must be destroyed". This then forms a predicative adjective.[4] This construction in Latin is known as the passive periphrastic. Carthago, -inis being a feminine noun, the feminine gender of the gerundive is applied. The fuller forms Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam or Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam use the so-called accusative and infinitive for the indirect statement."
  • Thanks 2