SASS Wire Forum

Video Update on our Hurricane-Destroyed Cowboy Town Rebuild

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

Here's a walk through video of our cowboy town under construction in Lake Charles, Louisiana  that I took this afternoon (March 10).  We've made a lot of progress in the last 2 1/2 months, which was when I took the previous video that I posted here.  As you can see, we are getting very close to being done!  I'll post another update in a couple of months, and hopefully we'll be shooting again by then.  The old town that this new town replaces was completely destroyed by Hurricane Laura in August 2020.  Unlike our new town, the old one consisted of separate, ground level, isolated stages.

We hope you can come shoot with us after our town is complete!

Hellbender

Up the Creek Gang

Man, that is looking great! Cannot wait to make the trip to shoot with you guys!

Hellbender, it's really looking nice.  You can tell that a LOT of thought and hard work has been put into this rebuild.  Ya'll are doing a fantastic job.  I'm looking forward to going back home and shooting at the reconstructed range.

Kajun

• Hellbender changed the title to Video Update on our Hurricane-Destroyed Cowboy Town Rebuild

Hellbender, what a great job you folks have done! Makes me proud to have been able to help out a bit!

I'm envious as we lost our host range at the end of the year. Being homeless kinda sucks! But, we do have a couple prospects. Hopefully one will come through.

Again great job, thanks for the update, the video is wonderful.

EH

Hellbender, You guys and gals have done a GREAT job of coming back!!  Hope to make it there someday!  Caladisi Kid  :)

4 hours ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

As a contributor of twenty American dollars i'll expect to receive VIP status should I ever visit your cowboy town.

Oh really? Interesting idea.

What do you think my status should be, then?

12 minutes ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I'm quite certain he was joshing.  However, The Hawthorne Hotel has a kind of ring to it...

Hey wait a minute Possum - I thought it was going to be Hellbender's Hotel B)

6 minutes ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

20 bucks…

Sounds reasonable.  Let me get back to you after I consult with my attorney.

Hellbender Hotel sounds good, just hope it’s not one of those that charges by the hour :blush: :D

You folks are doing an outstanding job, before you know it the town will be full of happy pards and pardettes clanging steel and having a blast. 

Outstanding! You guys have had amazing progress! Good luck for your future shoots!

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

When’s the next Bayou Blast?

I wish I knew.  There's been talk among some of us.  It may come up for a vote at our annual membership meeting in May, but even that's not certain at this time.

Archived