SASS Wire Forum

Cap'n BB is getting ready for TN State

Tennessee williams

Well, I caught @Captain Bill Burt Cap'n BB sneaking around trying to find out what kind of new transitions I been working on to try and use against me at this years' Tennessee State match! He's starting early since this match will be in June. He was rifling through my trash looking at my notes on how to shoot gooder. Here is the video for proof! Did I mention we're taking applications? Well, we are and this one here is gonna be a hum-dinger! 

I always knew I had a rent free space in TW's head (lots of space in there by the way).  

Like Charlie Brown, ole TW never gives up hope of kicking that football (or finishing ahead of his nemesis).  Unfortunately, just like in the comics, I'll have to yank his dream away from him at the last minute.

TN State 2021

image.png.c6aabf6ce0ad28c17c68441614f214bd.png

TN State 2022

image.png.67b15a06610025eb44f2db0ee6d4ee06.png

Keep on dreaming TW!  I promise, this is the year you get to kick the ball, really......

Y'all ought not make fun of TW nor his pet.   Its actually hurts his feelings and embarrasses 'Capt BB'. (Yea, that's what TW named it).

Anyhow, I ask TW what the BB stood for and he replied..... "Bad Marsupial".

I said.... "Thats BM, not BB.

TW said... "shhhhhhhhh, don't say that too loud.  I know that, but the Possum don't".

Another true story!

..........Widder

Another true story (hey, a feller can't just make this stuff up)

Sometime last month (January), ole TW calls me up and says he has a 'talking' possum.

And further more, it is a "Vantriliquist".     I said..."WHAT, a vantriloquist".

TW says:   "Yea.  he can move his lip and mouth and never make a sound".

"give me a break" :lol:

Oh yea, TW took Capt BB to the vet last week and said it started the biggest dog fight right there in the lobby of the Vet place.

From now on, he has to put one of them Covid mask on Capt BB so others will think its a dog.  That's what TW told me.

..........Widder

10 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

All I can say is if you're going to Tennessee State, which I highly recommend, wear high top boots for when you're talking to Widder, keep your hands away from TW's mouth and his nanner pudding, and watch out for the flocks of one legged chickens. 

...and don't over-indulge in door prize drinking even though EVERYBODY wins one. If you do, some sneaky two handed shooter may come along and edge by you by a measly 4 seconds.:P

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

YEP, that's El Capitan BB.

Sometimes, he likes to travel incognito.

..........Widder

Even the possum had to look away when I told him I was gonna call him Cap'n BB!:o

You brangin' yer 97 this year to whoop up on folks again?

46 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

You brangin' yer 97 this year to whoop up on folks again?

Well, I'll be shooting the 97, but I ain't so sure about whooping up on anybody this year.

This might be the year of the Okie.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, I'll be shooting the 97, but I ain't so sure about whooping up on anybody this year.

This might be the year of the Okie.

..........Widder

Say it ain't so!

I guess it could be Not Widders' turn, but how dreadful! There'd be riots in the streets of Wartrace with all the Widdermaniacs in attendance.

48 minutes ago, Primus Palus said:

I'm surprised that thing is just sitting there and didn't take off running! 

It had no reason to run.   That's TW's pet.

If you look at the picture real close, you'll notice the drink cup in the garbage can.

TW and Capt BB had just finished off a burger and coke and Capt BB had crawled up on the can to toss his empty coke cup away.

He poising for TW to take his pic.    Capt BB loves to have his pic taken.

..........Widder

50 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It had no reason to run.   That's TW's pet.

If you look at the picture real close, you'll notice the drink cup in the garbage can.

TW and Capt BB had just finished off a burger and coke and Capt BB had crawled up on the can to toss his empty coke cup away.

He poising for TW to take his pic.    Capt BB loves to have his pic taken.

..........Widder

Anybody who knows me knows that possum doesn't look anything like me.  For one thing, I don't have anywhere near that much hair.  I'm also taller, and look much, much younger. 

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Anybody who knows me knows that possum doesn't look anything like me.  For one thing, I don't have anywhere near that much hair.  I'm also taller, and look much, much younger. 

Maybe it is all about camera angles and filters. 

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

You're also more full of.....sammiches.

7 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The beading eyes and pointy head are very similar.  Yea, I see a resemblance.  

I think the mere fact that TN Williams named this possum 'Capt BB' is hilarious.

Nobody has named their dog or cat with a name of Widder or TW.   Nobody has a pet

snake name of Imis.   Nobody has a pet deer with a name of Badlands Bob.

BUT, here we now officially have a pet possum with the name of Capt BB.

Sooooooooo, the world wants to know WHO came first........ Capt BB the Cowboy or Capt BB the Possum?

Hey TW, how old is Captain Possum?

..........Widder

He's going on 4 years old. Much like his namesake, he's usually up to no good. The other day I caught him swiping eggs from the hen house. Best I can tell, he don't even eat 'em. What he does is hides them under the side steps that go out from my bedroom door. He's got his timing down pat too. Every couple days one of them will pop and start stinking. When the bunkhouse boss walks thru the bedroom and catches a whiff of it, she blames me and accuses me of pootin'. Of all the nerve!

There ya’ go!  Blamin’ yer gastro-intestinal irregularities on a poor dumb possum!!  ^_^ :lol:

6 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I think the mere fact that TN Williams named this possum 'Capt BB' is hilarious.

Nobody has named their dog or cat with a name of Widder or TW.   Nobody has a pet

snake name of Imis.   Nobody has a pet deer with a name of Badlands Bob.

BUT, here we now officially have a pet possum with the name of Capt BB.

Sooooooooo, the world wants to know WHO came first........ Capt BB the Cowboy or Capt BB the Possum?

Hey TW, how old is Captain Possum?

..........Widder

At my first TN match I met a young man wearin' funny boots called his self Tennessee Williams he did.  I thought that it was a good name (didn’t fit him) but it gave me an ideer, it would be purrfect for my friend back home. 

So here’s TW one afternoon

image.jpeg.a93dadea47ebf7d6d698c321e135cfbd.jpeg

Next morning I went out to say ‘mornin and check on my newly named friend and this is what I found

image.jpeg.1d64d865e2b1f32725365450a2dd813d.jpeg

I never felt comfortable enough to share this horrible story til now. 

TS, that is such a sad and heart breaking story.   I feel your pain.

There is a high probability that Capt BB, the Cowboy, works for the highway department and purposefully put that recing stripe

on your TW Critter.   Shame, Shame Shame!

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

What?  How can you miss this one?

Last April (had to make it a year ahead) we made reservations to RV at the Grand Canyon, so I’m going to be out west on a bucket list trip. We’re planning on 4-6 weeks, but thanks to Brandon fuel prices have soared so side trips may be affected.  Next year we’re going to go to Alaska in the winter to try to see the Northern Lights. 

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Last April (had to make it a year ahead) we made reservations to RV at the Grand Canyon, so I’m going to be out west on a bucket list trip. We’re planning on 4-6 weeks, but thanks to Brandon fuel prices have soared so side trips may be affected.  Next year we’re going to go to Alaska in the winter to try to see the Northern Lights. 

If you want to save some money, come to the TN State match and you may get to see the lesser known but just as impressive "Southern Lights". If we can get enough people together to make up a good ole pot of pinto beans, we may get to see Widders' highly regarded poot flames. They're often imitated but never duplicated. Word has it, he's gotten an 18" flame with minimal side splatter. 

Archived