SASS Wire Forum

Text at 4:00 am

That's twice now I got a text at 4:00 am from someone saying I owed some money. The first one was 4 days ago and I blocked that number. I got one again last night, or this morning, I blocked that number too. It was the exact same message. Good thing I was going to the bathroom anyway!!:P

I'd like to get my hands on that person!!:angry:

What kind of phone do you have? Can it send all calls to voicemail that don’t come from numbers in your contacts?

Edit: Duh! You said texts. I don’t know if that trick works with texts. 

If you don’t want to put your phone in silent mode when you go to bed, you could turn off the alert sound for text messages.  You would still get the text, just no alert sound to wake you up.

Rye, India is 10 1/2 hours ahead of Ohio time.  So your 4:00am in Ohio, is some scammer's 2:30pm in India!

Between 10pm and 6am my phone is off. Problem solved.

I would turn my phone off but I need to have it on especially if an emergency, I have two sons and grandaughter.

Most Apple & Android phones allow you to set a do not disturb that silences all calls, texts & alerts.

You can set it to ALLOW all anyone you have selected as a "favorite" in your contacts to ring through.

Mine will only alert to close family and a couple of friends between 11pm & 6am.

I only get bogus messages when Inturn my phone off to go town. About once a week. :lol:

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

I get group text messages.  Then someone or more will text STOP and I get these too, thank you very much!

I've been told it does no good to block numbers as they just make up another. 

That’s exactly what they did! Different number! :angry: I figure if I block them enough they may eventually figure out it’s not worth it! 

Dear Mr. Ray Mills,

Why won't you answer my texts? You owe me money. I will contact you.

Signed

Anonymous

19 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Dear Mr. Ray Mills,

Why won't you answer my texts? You owe me money. I will contact you.

Signed

Anonymous

Aha!! The culprit is uncovered!! Alright I’ll give you the .37 cents I owe you just quit calling at 4:00 am :P

My phone gets turned off when I pull up at the house and gets turned on when I think about it- after I leave the house- the next morning.

Anybody that needs to get in touch with me knows this and will call the house if I don't answer the cell.  If they don't know it, they will figure it out when I call them back- if they leave a message.

The cell phone is for MY convenience.  It ain't a leash and I'll throw it in a drawer and do without if it starts turning into one.

5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

Most Apple & Android phones allow you to set a do not disturb that silences all calls, texts & alerts.

You can set it to ALLOW all anyone you have selected as a "favorite" in your contacts to ring through.

Mine will only alert to close family and a couple of friends between 11pm & 6am.

That’s how my wife set up her phone as well. If it’s text or someone not on her allowed list, they can still ring through if there are multiple attempts made from a recognized contact in a certain time frame as well as the local authorities.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That’s exactly what they did! Different number! :angry: I figure if I block them enough they may eventually figure out it’s not worth it! 

AI algorithms don’t figure anything out or care. They are computer generated number blocks dialed by the 10s of thousands

I’ve  even received a Spam call from my OWN phone number:lol:

16 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Text STOP as a reply. There is a real good chance that it will stop unless it is an actual person that keeps sending it.

I recommend not doing that.  When you respond it confirms to the spammer that your number is active it becomes worth more money when they sell it.  Only text STOP when you know the text is legitimate and just don't want to get them anymore. 

Archived