SASS Wire Forum

I am starting a BLESSING feed...

Singin' Sue 71615

I am sitting in a warm house, full of love and grace.

I am truely blessed.

Our empty nest has been filled again with Brodie and her family...and the 'noise' of toddlers is SUCH a blessing!

My hubby, Shanley Shooter is a 'Jack of all trades', and a master of MANY! I am truely blessed.

I sit here thinking of my SASS family, from across the GLOBE... and I am humbled and blessed. It warms my heart to hear "YOU're Singin' Sue!"

You know, in the shape this old world seems to be in...we often don't stop and count our blessings.

Count your blessings

Count them one by one

Count your many blessings, see what God has done!

What are some of your blessings?

Grateful to God for Salvation, a loving godly wife, a good church, keeping me alive through a career that saw me survive several things that should have killed me and hugs from Great Nieces at church today.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am truely blessed.

Our empty nest has been filled again with Brodie and her family...and the 'noise' of toddlers is SUCH a blessing!

My hubby, Shanley Shooter is a 'Jack of all trades', and a master of MANY! I am truely blessed.

I sit here thinking of my SASS family, from across the GLOBE... and I am humbled and blessed. It warms my heart to hear "YOU're Singin' Sue!"

You know, in the shape this old world seems to be in...we often don't stop and count our blessings.

Count your blessings

Count them one by one

I do every night when I go to bed, Sue. 

I thank the Good Lord for many things,  for things I have and things I don't have.

Its easy to give thanks for a job, good health, etc.....

But I also give thanks and count it a blessing for things that I don't have in my life or situations I don't have to deal with.

Its a blessing not to be confronted with evil or mean spirited people around me.

I count it a blessing to live without fear from known and unknown adversaries.

It don't bother me if someone isn't my friend..... but I count it a blessing when they ain't my enemy..... ;)

..........Widder

Among many, many blessings, Shortcake and I would have to say that seeing our kids grow up, become young men, husbands and fathers, and now with grandchildren is a blessing we cherish everyday.

I had to meet some parents at their homes or at the ER when I was on the job, and tell them the worst possible news. That changes you. I still think about them and pray for them.

Probably why our boys get embarrassed when we give them big hugs when we see them, to this day. (they are all much taller)

Because that is a gift I refuse to take for granted for even a second. 

And it is a gift we taught our boys to cherish also.

Most of us, even those who live in “poverty” in the US, are more comfortable and healthy than royalty were 150 years ago.  A loving family, a warm dry house and bed, indoor plumbing, a doctor and dentist when we need them, enough food that we worry about losing weight.

Yes, we are blessed.

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Most of us, even those who live in “poverty” in the US, are more comfortable and healthy than royalty were 150 years ago.  A loving family, a warm dry house and bed, indoor plumbing, a doctor and dentist when we need them, enough food that we worry about losing weight.

Yes, we are blessed.

When my wife and I were living in the Sunday school room at church we still counted ourselves blessed.  We were better off than 99 percent of all people who have ever lived and than 75 percent of the people alive now.   We had God, we had each other,  we had shelter,  food,  potable water,  sanitation facilities.  We could cook in the hall kitchen.   The choirmaster let us use his shower.  

was unexpectedly blessed with two of my six grandchildren here in my home this weekend , made me aware of just how great life is even in those moments when your thinking the wheels have come off , and they tried to on one occasion , but better things come from better thinking and a teaching moment presents itself - you grab it , we get a better next generation from them , im comfortable with our contribution to the next generation , 

ive got great grandkids , they will contribute well to the future ,   

My greatest blessing was taken home almost five years ago after 51 years of marriage.  I guess God needed her more than I did.

My other blessings are my parents, my kids and grandson, and my new daughter-in-law.

I've been blessed with better than average good health, a lot of good friends, and some amazing dogs.

17 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am truely blessed.

Count your blessings

Count them one by one

Thanks to you, Sue, for getting this thread started.

Archived