SASS Wire Forum

Before we look at a Red-Blue Map of the US (may or may not upset you)

Utah Bob #35998

10 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

p.s. there is no Blue on map

Ya think?

so how many unregistered Kangaroos do ya think reside in Wisconsin, West Virginia and South Carolina?  I wouldn't think they would be a real popular pet...    And do ya think residents of Minnesota sneak unregistered kangaroos across the border?

If the US is measured in units of Canadas, there is some blue. Not in the  right places, but there is some blue:

https://laughingsquid.com/a-map-of-the-population-distribution-of-the-united-states-measured-in-canadas/

And while no blue (except the water), I can't unsee this now that I have seen it:

qpB4coBUeUnKIoRZDhx5TmeH6O97pHutOKzsQVSk

I remember several years ago I went into a Redwing store to get a pair of their Kangaroo hide work boots. To my dismay I was informed that CA had banned the import or sale of anything Kangaroo.

Those were the softest leather work boots I ever owned, and durable too. I'd had mine for well over a decade at the time, did manage a few more years before they were too far gone to repair any more.

32 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

I remember several years ago I went into a Redwing store to get a pair of their Kangaroo hide work boots. To my dismay I was informed that CA had banned the import or sale of anything Kangaroo.

Those were the softest leather work boots I ever owned, and durable too. I'd had mine for well over a decade at the time, did manage a few more years before they were too far gone to repair any more.

Could you buy them in other states?

A few years back was driving to a cowboy match at CASS, which is on Cacapon  mountain near Berkeley Springs, WV. Over the berm is a straight up shot. Anyhow, was in the fall and had to be on the lookout for deer which were everywhere. Was approaching a little town called Largent which is a big downhill run, when I slowed way down for a couple of mountain goats on the side of the road. Got to the range and mentioned it. Was told: "Some local farmer brought a few back from out west, but they would not stay inside fences." However, never encountered any Kangaroo's; at least not yet.

3 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

A few years back was driving to a cowboy match at CASS, which is on Cacapon  mountain near Berkeley Springs, WV. Over the berm is a straight up shot. Anyhow, was in the fall and had to be on the lookout for deer which were everywhere. Was approaching a little town called Largent which is a big downhill run, when I slowed way down for a couple of mountain goats on the side of the road. Got to the range and mentioned it. Was told: "Some local farmer brought a few back from out west, but they would not stay inside fences." However, never encountered any Kangaroo's; at least not yet.

....... keep trying ....   ;)

I've always known that folks up North and folks down South have a lot more in common than they realized.

But I must admit that the Southern Kangaroo hops higher and snacks on fried Okra.

:D

..........Widder

On 11/5/2020 at 4:07 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Could you buy them in other states?

Yes you can.

Archived