SASS Wire Forum

New to this game

Sweetwater cody

They’re perfectly fine. Personally I like the regular plow grips but some shooters use the Bisley grips. It’s a personal choice but the guns are fine. Welcome aboard!

Howdy!

Those are dandy shooters to start with and should you later decide on something different, it would just be a good excuse to buy more shooters. 

And holsters that compliment them.

And a rifle to match....

:D

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the local clubs practice shoot a month ago. Met some real nice folks, one let me shoot his Uberti 73 rifle. After looking at a bunch of reviews on lever guns I think I'm going to go that route and get the one in .357 with the 20" barrel. 

14 minutes ago, Sweetwater cody said:

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the local clubs practice shoot a month ago. Met some real nice folks, one let me shoot his Uberti 73 rifle. After looking at a bunch of reviews on lever guns I think I'm going to go that route and get the one in .357 with the 20" barrel. 

Well, looky here what Hashknife Cowboy has for sale, Sweetwater.  BTW, welcome to the game!

No they're terrible, but I tell you what; I'll give you your money back and you can buy some New Model Vaqueros. 

I'm kidding of course, that's an awesome deal on a great set of guns for this game.

Welcome and get yourself to a match before you buy anything else.

16 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

No they're terrible, but I tell you what; I'll give you your money back and you can buy some New Model Vaqueros. 

Don't listen to him.

He sells used toilet paper......:lol:

OLG 

2 hours ago, Sweetwater cody said:

I found and purchased two original Vaqueros in .357 with Beasley frames for 500.00 each. They were also consecutive serial #s. I'm wondering if they are a good choice since I'm just starting out or would the new Vaquero with regular grips have been the better choice?

Welcome.  

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Where are you in California? Is it just me or are we getting quite a few new folks shooting here? It bodes well for our future.

That would be great, but I think we are still decreasing in numbers. We had three members pass away this past year and a couple more that don't shoot as much due to health issues. We haven't shot much the past two years much due to grandson's baseball on week-ends.

Howdy, and welcome to the game, those Vaqueros are dandy revolvers, the '73 is a very popular rifle. For shotguns, shoot the '97 Winchester or one of it's clones, and then a  12 guage SxS coach gun both with 20" barrel lengths. There is a lever action shotgun but it doesn't seem as popular as the ' 97 or the coach guns. Read the SASS shooters handbook, it will answer many questions. And go to some matches and shoot!!

Hang with it.  And, stay with the Wire.

You will get a lot of good advice here on the Wire, and get your questions answered, too.

Cat Brules

"...Where are you in California? Is it just me or are we getting quite a few new folks shooting here? It bodes well for our future...." 

i hope you are - that way maybe you can change that states attitudes , i admit im not certain how either is possible in the current climate , but then miracles do happen 

Welcome Sweetwater!  I shoot Bisley's and love them.  Not that I have anything against plowhandle revolvers.  I just prefer Bisleys.

Archived