Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

I’ve sent some muffins and cookies to the four twenty somethings who live upstairs.

 

This morning I noticed that the snow had been shoveled in front of my car.

 

it’s  time to make some cupcakes.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bwrnie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren want to give them EVERYTHING!!!   :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these kids are hard working with good values.  Just because the whiners get all the publicity, don't sell the others short.

 

Duffield

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, youths have been complained about, disparaged, fretted over and disdained for millennia so “Millennials” have the right name...

I don’t recall what we were called as a teen but I do recall the complaints, the sideways glances and the general disdain my presence elicited from some people...I turned out all right...:D

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not a new thing. In the times of the Roman Empire, Pliny the Elder complained about the younger generation.

 

i bet the Bible does not mention the carryingS one of Cain and Abel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t recall what we were called as a teen but I do recall the complaints, the sideways glances and the general disdain my presence elicited from some people...

 

I'm 50yo and people still do that to me. <_<

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ski, hike, shoot, and lots of other things with my millennial grandkids. Of our 12 grandkids, 7 are ages 20 to 26. That's a passel of great millennials!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with any group, the entire group is identified by the worst example.  I know some Millennials that are fine human beings and I am proud to know... but on the larger view, are the good ones the exception or the rule?

 

Maybe I am just getting a little too cynical, but I am finding the "good ones" of any group are more of the exception than the rule.

 

Except for the group here!  The Wire, and SASS in general, has way too high portion of "good ones" compared to other places and groups. 

Edited by Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428
spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get off my lawn!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spending 5 years in the Portland OR area totally skewed my impressions of Millennials. In Portland you encounter the worst of the Millennial Generation. 
There’s a joke I heard often in Oregon: 

 “Where do Millennials go to retire?”

The answer “Portland”. 

 

Being here in SoCal this past year has changed my perspective on Millennials quite a bit. For the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandsons #1 and #2 are Eagle Scouts and during their Christmas holiday (UNC-Ashville and Berklee College of Music) built their other Granny an extension to her deck.  Fine young men.  And yes, they can be bribed with food.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got two that I'm damn proud of.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, youths have been complained about, disparaged, fretted over and disdained for millennia so “Millennials” have the right name...

I don’t recall what we were called as a teen but I do recall the complaints, the sideways glances and the general disdain my presence elicited from some people...I turned out all right...:D

 

 

Did you now?  I hadn't noticed.  I thought you were one of us advanced age beatniks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Did you now?  I hadn't noticed.  I thought you were one of us advanced age beatniks.

I will be 59 in 3 days...I am but a “pup” ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boxing Cannabyte,

If I were still a Mod here I would delete your post and ban you from the Wire until you read the rules and guidelines. You obviously know how to read so go read the rules and follow them. 

Edit:

Oh, and I reported your post so it may not be around long. 

Edited by Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Boxing Cannabyte,

If I were still a Mod here I would delete your post and ban you from the Wire until you read the rules and guidelines. You obviously know how to read so go read the rules and follow them. 

Edit:

Oh, and I reported your post so it may not be around long. 

I musta missed summit ....... :unsure:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I musta missed summit ....... :unsure:

 

Nope, you didn’t miss a thing. Just some troll trying to stir up crap. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 4:13 PM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

SASS in general, has way too high portion of "good ones" compared to other places and groups. 

They've been raised right.  In my experience, so have little league players and Scouts.

Edited by MizPete
'cause I wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

 

Nope, you didn’t miss a thing. Just some troll trying to stir up crap. 

 

But that's my favorite genre of literature. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

ok .... thank you ^_^

 

what chance it's gonna happen again .......... frequently .... ?

 

:(

Who knows? I have no idea what the poster’s status is. He may be in time out but considering it was his first and only ignorance filled political jerkboy post I am guessing he won’t be back unless he’s sneaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.